Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I'm feeling frustrated.
No treatment plan by any MD. I actually met with a naturopath as vitamins & minerals is what they are good with. She doesn't have a specific plan yet, but she has ideas. Chelation therapy - often something useless and possibly harmful that alt med. practitioners like using but actually useful with toxic levels. Will run stuff by my internist, but it will be good to try something especially if he's just going to give me a referral and I have to wait for months.
Urine test & genetic test were supposed to be collected within 3 days of each other. My urine test should be really high if I had the genetic disorder, it's on the low side of the normal range. I'm guessing they won't even bother running the genetic test. Kinda annoyed about that one - needle stick with a massive bruise, something similar to what Kimmio posted before and likely nothing being done with that sample.

I work one day a week at my brother-in-law's shoe store...We don't really take breaks, and we eat lunch on the fly. Today, everyone in the city was determined to buy a pair of winter boots. Three of us worked like absolute machines, running for shoes and boots, visiting in a friendly way, commiserating with foot problems, tripping over people on our way to the stock room, moving people and boxes to various locations to make room for people to sit or walk. I am absolutely exhausted right now, and I wonder if anyone in the world really appreciates those of us who work in retail.

I work one day a week at my brother-in-law's shoe store...We don't really take breaks, and we eat lunch on the fly. Today, everyone in the city was determined to buy a pair of winter boots. Three of us worked like absolute machines, running for shoes and boots, visiting in a friendly way, commiserating with foot problems, tripping over people on our way to the stock room, moving people and boxes to various locations to make room for people to sit or walk. I am absolutely exhausted right now, and I wonder if anyone in the world really appreciates those of us who work in retail.

Imagine all this for fete ... and the adorning the sol thingy! Shue maqon in another tongue ... myths being made about the bottom line support being above the mire! The funny scripts indicate alien metaphors poorly understood ... as we generally don't like strange linguistics.

Is space time the source of dust settling against the clocks? Sloe and rest with some essence ... drives one to wonder ...

Wow - sounds like one day a week is enough at that pace! B-i-L must surely appreciate you being there :)

Things I see on the bus... Sometimes sad things. Tonight, transit security had to spend 5-10 minutes at the main downtown stop waking a teenage boy up - it was a challenge - he was seemingly on something (or has nowhere to sleep and was right out in a deep sleep) and had passed out and ridden the bus for, they said, 2 hours. They were very kind - knew his name - and handled it really well - and are getting him some help.

Last edited:
I'm feeling frustrated.
No treatment plan by any MD. I actually met with a naturopath as vitamins & minerals is what they are good with. She doesn't have a specific plan yet, but she has ideas. Chelation therapy - often something useless and possibly harmful that alt med. practitioners like using but actually useful with toxic levels. Will run stuff by my internist, but it will be good to try something especially if he's just going to give me a referral and I have to wait for months.
Urine test & genetic test were supposed to be collected within 3 days of each other. My urine test should be really high if I had the genetic disorder, it's on the low side of the normal range. I'm guessing they won't even bother running the genetic test. Kinda annoyed about that one - needle stick with a massive bruise, something similar to what Kimmio posted before and likely nothing being done with that sample.
Yuck. Sorry to hear that. I hope the new practitioner you went to can help you though!

My stepdad and I went and picked up a freebie chair today. The white one in the photo. It’s actually quite high quality, but, being a white canvass chair - I think it’s from Ikea - the seat was slightly dirty from use, if you see it close enough. So, I spot cleaned and wiped it down with upholstery/ stain cleaner, and sprayed it with unscented fabreeze - and I hope it looks ok tomorrow. I felt like I might be making it worse. I hope it doesn’t leave a ring. I covered it up with throws and pillows for the photos. But I’ll take that off and let it dry properly. I’m actually pretty impressed with myself at how I’ve brightened the place up. But my back and shoulder are killing me. I was so into getting it done - I was kneeling on a cushion on the floor scrubbing and blotting the seat - shouldn’t have been on my bad knee that long. If it’s not totally stain free tomorrow at least the cushions cover it. :giggle:

92BE0F05-E783-42E0-BC20-B90596D6E9FA.jpeg470D9721-4486-46A1-A7A5-951EF37E7556.jpeg

Last edited:
Oops. There are my earbuds tangled up on the table. Forgot to move them. I also got a couple more cheap knick-knacks from VV. It’s addictive....it’s hard to see in the photo, but for $2 I got a wooden “&”symbol...and I’m just going to leave it as is without any clear reason... “& what?” Lol. I like it. Maybe I should get the heavier curtains put back up. They’re my landlord’s. The sheers one the bigger window look wrinkly - they are a bit, but “in person” they look less so than in the (previous) photo for some reason. I preferred them, to let more light in. The window has a view to the neighbour’s fence, anyway.

2682C4BE-C76C-4CA5-8B56-4482A8287D44.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking good Kimmio! I was doing some sprucing up myself this weekend. I painted an older red metal Ikea cabinet with pale gray chalk paint & then waxed it with several coats. I like it! I'll see if I can post some before & after pics - the stickers shown are old & wouldn't come off - so I left them & painted over them :)
red.JPG

gray.JPG

@Kimmio Laughterlove I think your place looks awesome! You have a much much better eye for design than I do that’s for sure.
Thanks. It’s fun. I think a good non-profit idea would be to have volunteers who help decorate low income people’s homes with thrifty “finds”. Even in a place that’s just a hole in the wall or very bare bones...to make it feel homey makes a lot of difference. For me that’s true. I imagine there are others who are similar...want it to feel like a pleasant home they care about and want to be in, rather than just a place to crash.

So surgery date is tomorrow. Took all weekend to clean the house thoroughly, after all, I am not going to be allowed any cleaning for six weeks. One good friend will be staying with me the first week nights and others are lined up for four days during the day. After that, people are on call, since I am not allowed to lift.
Went to my favourite store Ikea and to Costco and filled a basket with little things to give away to all my helpers.
023A12B1-604F-433A-8E27-BAACAA5F244E.jpeg

Looks really nice Corolla! ...I kinda like the “Canadian girls kick ass sticker” on the old one, though.:cool: Was that your daughter’s? Was one of your kids a skateboarder/ snowboarder?
Yes, both my kids are/were skate & snowboarders :) The cabinet did have many more stickers on it - quite a few peeled off cooperatively, but some stubbornly remained.

wishing you well with your surgery Mrs. Anteater. May it go smoothly with an uncomplicated recovery. Glad you have help lined up. and strange as it sounds do enjoy your respite from your daily duties. What stationary activity brings you pleasure? Reading? Colouring? knitting? or ?

Thanks. It’s fun. I think a good non-profit idea would be to have volunteers who help decorate low income people’s homes with thrifty “finds”. Even in a place that’s just a hole in the wall or very bare bones...to make it feel homey makes a lot of difference. For me that’s true. I imagine there are others who are similar...want it to feel like a pleasant home they care about and want to be in, rather than just a place to crash.
I wish I could teleport you to my place to help me with my place. You sure have a gift. I like your idea about decorating as a volunteer activity. I bet there would be lots of help. It can give someone a real lift to have their place freshened up and designed to work for them with stuff they already have or begged, borrowed (not stolen though) items. I have rarely bought anything new. I bought a new sofa once and it took two years for it to absorb old cigarette smoke and mould odours (ubiquitous in cheap apartments), so I won't be doing that again.

Back