Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Well, that was almost a first. We had members of my wife's family from China visiting us for once instead of us going there. One of her aunts (her father's youngest sibling) and her husband are touring Canada and came to London today. It's been nine years since I last saw them. The only other time that has happened was when our Chinese nephew lived us for a summer. Could happen again, though. My brother-in-law retires soon and has long talked about coming here for a visit.

Some days are unexpected. I visited a school at 2pm only to find they were on a "Lock and secure". Lighter level of security than "lockdown". Outside doors locked and no-one in or out but business as usual within the school.

Turns out a shooter was holed up within a block. Surrounded by police on loudspeaker.
Students were dismissed one at a time to their adult, and that was done by classes. All out the front door.
Very impressed by how quickly and calmly kids were released.
The aftercare program set up in a Kindergarten room with movies as they are usually in a building between school and shooter.
One young man held it together best he could until he saw grandma and then melted down. He finds firedrills overwhelming and this was out of his comfort zone.

Kids were not told why-only that "the principal has said " and that worked for the grade ones I was with. I actually held hands with a new kid-2nd day-with poor english-as we went to front door and released her to her mom. I wanted to know where she was and that she could follow the instructions.

Process seemed to work and was much safer than kids bursting out a variety of doors and perhaps running over to incident to see what was happening.

Some days are unexpected. I visited a school at 2pm only to find they were on a "Lock and secure". Lighter level of security than "lockdown". Outside doors locked and no-one in or out but business as usual within the school.

Turns out a shooter was holed up within a block. Surrounded by police on loudspeaker.
Students were dismissed one at a time to their adult, and that was done by classes. All out the front door.
Very impressed by how quickly and calmly kids were released.
The aftercare program set up in a Kindergarten room with movies as they are usually in a building between school and shooter.
One young man held it together best he could until he saw grandma and then melted down. He finds firedrills overwhelming and this was out of his comfort zone.

Kids were not told why-only that "the principal has said " and that worked for the grade ones I was with. I actually held hands with a new kid-2nd day-with poor english-as we went to front door and released her to her mom. I wanted to know where she was and that she could follow the instructions.

Process seemed to work and was much safer than kids bursting out a variety of doors and perhaps running over to incident to see what was happening.
I'm glad it worked well.
Do kids not normally walk home without adults though? (I forget the grades that are included at the school). What about buses?

What is your favourite cereal?
Harvest crunch was on sale this week when I did my shopping. So along with the morning coffee that I've just started, help yourself to a bowl of harvest crunch.
And here are some bananas to slice with it.
I am planning a lazy morning; Square dancing last evening and bowling this afternoon using up all my energy.

I do a mix of original Cheerios and original Fibre One (both have no added sugar) then top with nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans) and berries if I have them (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries). Right now, though, I'm back to having my own whole wheat bread (from my bread machine) with "just nuts" peanut butter for breakfast. My favorite flour for the bread is multigrain (Robin Hood Best for Bread is the brand) but it seems to have vanished from store shelves so I'm doing whole wheat instead.

I've had a a banana and am now eating wheat thins crackers. Dog and I had a nice walk around the park. It was nice to get out with the camera again. I ran into some friends so the walk was longer. It was nice.

They've added a new sculpture since we left. Look closely at it to see what it's made of. 20191004083221_IMG_5595.jpg

Of course the view is still wonderful. 20191004082146_IMG_5585.jpg

We need some nice frames for those photos, and a nice virtual wall to hang them on.

We need some nice frames for those photos, and a nice virtual wall to hang them on.

Isn't that basically what Northwind has done? I mean, if we want to get all fancy Xenforo makes a media gallery add-on but $$$.

Good morning all! I put the water on for tea, and started the coffeemaker. Going to be a good day, celebrating Communion this morning.

Necromancy: sorcery or black magic in general. Or alternatively communicating with the dead.

Imagine if one reads into the script of a person that is now wasted ... dunne gone!

This could be the NU's of reviewing the past ... at which point present powers would not wish you to go there to discover their errs! Can one connect such thoughts with powerful corruptive forces? Darker communion ... some say sacred connections are demo*ished by the great powers ... "ish" being an archaic word for f(ire) ... a process of function or action differing from things ... thus dissociative! Moving bodies may shed light on whats out there or ... out 've it (like many political leaning's toward power conjuring)! Can these be spontaneous without bottled up eclections? These include conflicting lines and axis ... giving us the "phi" ... thus IT goes off!

Some people say the past is past and has nothing to do with vider perspective of broad views of nature encompassing us in a sadistic state of things generating waste and compost for future plants ... vert egos? Them's green as the essences of Eire ...

Then there are time travelers ... mental states of subsistence (buried values)!

Literature is like that draws some folks tuit ... thus imaginations are taxed, or tacked in place ... stunned by encountering Ur in the wry condition ... dancing on the wend? Once in a while Wendet ...

Last edited:
Back to Chemgal's question Since the school is K to 5 YES many of the older students do walk home without adults, and often accompany their younger siblings. In this case those families were called to send someone.

I was walking to and from school without an adult (sometimes with friends) in kindergarten and it was a probably a 20 minute walk at that age (or seemed so). I know that in this age of "helicopter parenting" and more concern about possible dangers on the street it may be less common at that age but that was reality c. 50 years ago (yes, I just realized that next year will be 50 years since I started school).

accompany their younger siblings.

I was the eldest and rarely accompanied my brother. We usually walked with friends, not each other. Sometimes if they sent us home for a storm day, the school made sure we went together, but otherwise we did our own thing. And youngest brother was so far behind me that I was almost in high school when he started school, plus he did French immersion, so we never even went to the same school.

Back