Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I had the most lovely day today (well yesterday now). We have a Maundy Thursday service followed by a Seder Haggadah. The actual dinner is "mine" to organize - hummus and pita for appetizers (very unkosher), roast lamb, roasted vegetables, rice, salads, desserts (oranges and date themed treats, usually squares). Roasted 5 legs of lamb this afternoon, and concocted two crock pots of pilaf, after having made a large batch of hummus yesterday. I was taking lamb out and rubbing it for roasting early this a.m., so I was in and out all day.

Dishes done, my share of human deliveries done, just Phil down a few blocks, shared a final glass of wine with the big guy after he delivered his humans.

I love my community of faith. They are just so eternally helpful, eternally hopeful, and hopelessly fun. Dawna reminded us tonight that if a certain linda didn't get her container back this time that she was NEVER EVER EVER going to donate date squares again.

Date squares are also known as matrimonial squares. Apparently a common contribution to Canadian potlucks, including marriages.

"Marriage" as a civil union remains sorta unchanged. Marriage ceremony, as a current social institution is, compared to what I did, ridiculously over-hyped and very expensive. And with no correlation to the actual relationship longevity.

Ahh yes, before last Sunday I had never hoid of Matrimonial cake
The Anglican church here had some and they told me what it was and I was delighted as it was new to me :3

And yeah, my wife and I only paid like 800 USA for our intimate marriage, with Christian symbolism for her and "Heathen" symbolism for moi

Married by a lesbian and a bi poly dude who liked french kissing a lot lol. And a good hugger. So cuddly.

Yup, and as soon as you tell me to Wake Up and learn The Truth, you're probably not sticking around long.

It would be nice if we could disagree without insults and accusations.

Or eliminations in all encompassing groups ... or so some stoic gatherings declare, falsely., as they are not fully encompassing!

So that ide-AH goes ... how can they possibly learn things that they don't understand?

Last edited:
Date squares are also known as matrimonial squares. Apparently a common contribution to Canadian potlucks, including marriages.

"Marriage" as a civil union remains sorta unchanged. Marriage ceremony, as a current social institution is, compared to what I did, ridiculously over-hyped and very expensive. And with no correlation to the actual relationship longevity.

Are square dates like sacred movements??? Leading to a country song ... in the vernacular ...

Good morning! This is a holiday Friday, but somehow wishing all a Good Friday doesn't seem fitting. We use today the liturgical coloured mugs and cups, to commemorate the day. Hot cross buns are available. Coffee is ready, tea water is boiling. Come in, have a mug or a cup, and share in the conversation. (hopefully all the internet troubles are resolved, and stay that way). All are welcome, come join the fun!

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Good morning! This is a holiday Friday, but somehow wishing all a Good Friday doesn't seem fitting. We use today the liturgical coloured mugs and cups, to commemorate the day. Hot cross buns are available. Coffee is ready, tea water is boiling. Come in, have a mug or a cup, and share in the conversation. (hopefully all the internet troubles are resolved, and stay that way). All are welcome, come join the fun!

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

But don't say anything incriminating ... because many do not wish to know about our After David's Theory! That's when deviation was begun or initiated under a tree ... di verse? All Isis should not observe --- Still Alice? (an oval on circulating toeMs)

May Good Friday be meaningful. The world is still.

It may resemble the day of the dead and when the lights went out in this place ... being it is declared that Jesus is the illumination ... but this effect is often denied as folk reject alien concepts! Thus the dark side (under the trees)! Judah was overcome by the widow at this point in the biblical passage ... something to get thro' ...

Life is mostly dark as you observe folks practicing avarice ... taking all they can get ... yet strange intelligence and all related is considered bad, foreign even!

On earthy daze, do some folk rise up (like Eris, or dissonance) and get over what's in the order of virtue? Lying in that high state is an example ... perfectly disentangled as they last of an ought in parse! But in follies they did ... it come down to that ... the line as "|" is something needing a cross beam ... thus "t" as an anchor 'd ... sacred even ... as Dah NDi! The Welsh have their Daffyd's ... thus Wahl-ish as a ideal or defied idol ... and some Mac Hines need idle 'n gear ... thus we stand for a bit ... something to grow out of? Earth is an improbable place ... just space to draw a medium ... a bump in the great gap AH? Knob isle!

Kno Bill ...

Last edited:
May Good Friday be meaningful. The world is still at this early hour.
We human beings are a vital part of reality

Part of our reason to be here is to help with Beauty -- notice all those various indiginous peoples who have such colourful garb...they know quite well :3

Still not going out into public because of that covid beast. But I'll test tomorrow and hopefully, will get back to being able to help my Mom, and go to church and plan and host a small Easter dinner. If I still test positive...well, it will be a quiet Easter! Today was a disaster of a day. I tried making hot cross buns with a new recipe. And I forgot the yeast! So I threw that batch out and made a second batch. Not great, but I guess we'll eat them. I have days when I should not be allowed in the kitchen.

There's things I shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen with. Today we had one of them, fish. I cannot cook fish. I cope well with shrimp, and I've done thick-ish boneless salmon fillets in phyllo before, but plain fish cookery escapes me. Particularly without a cast iron frypan and on an electric range.

So, the big guy does a lovely job with a beer batter. So daughter and I donated half a can of IPA each to a lovely fish batter on blue cod fillets, which I had not had before. and were very tasty, particularly with daughter's homemade tartar sauce.

Back