Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

That's why I make a single cup at a time. No discarded coffee in my life.

One of the accidental hazards of switching time zones all the time on your CBC music to listen to more of the stuff one loves (classical, mainly) is that I'm constantly being disturbed by emergency alerts from odd places. There's a tornado warning for southern Manitoba at present, LOL.

Hope B is doing better @jimkenney12 .
Okay...this is my sense of humour. I fell down stairs and hurt ankle and tendons on Mother's Day. Today is my birthday, and my sisters visited early in the morning and now...I find out one of them has tested positive for Covid. So...special days in May have NOT been special in a good way to me. Just kidding..lots of special amidst the disastrous.

She was feeling better and sleepier when I left her a few minutes ago in surgical day care. They were getting ready to take her back to the recovery room as that is the only space staffed after 9 pm. I will lick her up at 6:15am tomorrow morning so we csn go home. For tonight I am staying at the Rotel Motel, a motel on campus provided by Rotarians.

Back to work the second day- lots of work has accumulated. My cold has turned into an ear infection on Friday, and after it was better Monday morning it was worse Monday night. Will see what this night brings before going looking for antibiotics. Took my heat bag to work and was holding it to my ear while working on the computer. Energy wise I feel much better.

I've had a good day today. I went into town to get together with knitters this morning. I had a nice lunch, got a small piece of fabric for a project then got together with some cancer buddies. I'm tired now.

It's good to see @pommum making her presence known.

Pup Flirting GIF by Justin

My favourite minister, Jeffrey Dale, was ordained yesterday. The service was amazing. It's a bit long. He's a tiny bit in the middle.

Good morning! Let us hope for a smooth, uneventful recovery from surgery for B, a happy birthday to Nancy, and a better May next year, for going to work with an ear infection, getting together with friends, and ordination services and anything else that happens. We gather here around the Coffee Cart to start to sort it all out. The coffee is fresh perked, the tea water is just about to boil. Come on in and help yourself.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

My favourite minister, Jeffrey Dale, was ordained yesterday. The service was amazing. It's a bit long. He's a tiny bit in the middle.

I've been in on-line meetings with him. He makes a lot of sense when he talks...and he is a really good listener in a group setting. I quite like him too.

Ha, I have a funny story to tell. I was already considering getting an appointment for antibiotics for that ear infection, when I remembered yesterday, that the day before the ear pain started, I was missing the tip of my hearing aid- and hadn’t found it since. So I came to the conclusion, that I might have pushed it into my ear, where it detached and bothered me since. And, lo and behold, with the benefit of working in a hospital, I walked over to Ambulatory care, where a nice nurse found and retrieved it! Feeling much better since.

Ha, I have a funny story to tell. I was already considering getting an appointment for antibiotics for that ear infection, when I remembered yesterday, that the day before the ear pain started, I was missing the tip of my hearing aid- and hadn’t found it since. So I came to the conclusion, that I might have pushed it into my ear, where it detached and bothered me since. And, lo and behold, with the benefit of working in a hospital, I walked over to Ambulatory care, where a nice nurse found and retrieved it! Feeling much better since.
Eek. Good thinking. I sometimes worry about the rubber covers on my earbuds doing that but so far, I've never pushed them in far enough (and they are fairly large so might no make it in that far.

Good news. I wish I had such a simple answer to my recurring problems in my ears. Between infected eczema and impacted ear wax, and the world's narrowest little ear canals, I am ready to do a van Gogh. When you are something of a teeny tiny person, ordinary bits get a bit extraordinarily small. The big guy has the opposite problem. Legs like friggin' tree trunks.

Eek. Good thinking. I sometimes worry about the rubber covers on my earbuds doing that but so far, I've never pushed them in far enough (and they are fairly large so might no make it in that far.
Yes, my fault was that I had a nap and forgot to take them out before lying down.

Good morning! Thought for the day is 'Never put anything in your ear except your elbow.' Just kidding, but do be careful with what goes in there. Best wishes for those newly ordained, and hopes for a steady, if seemingly long, recovery from surgery. We also think of those affected by fires and by smoky air. For these and other things on our minds, we gather round the Coffee Cart for conversation, fellowship and hot beverages. All is ready.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Back