Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Wow - 15 degrees sounds great @Northwind! I do sense the warming here - spring solstice will be upon us tomorrow! And the extended daylight hours are most welcome too. My first two plantings of seeds for the garden are sprouting indoors under light - yay! Did a bit of transplanting to larger pots yesterday.
Today we are off to a visitation for a friend's 95 yr old Dad who died in palliative care this week. It was a long road for all of them, a release that was welcomed, but no less difficult to bear. At least the sun is shining brightly - that does lift one's mood and create more hopeful space for me.

Sunny and bitterly cold with a fierce south wind here in Eastern Ontario. Had pancakes with blueberry compote and coconut whipped cream after getting home from church. While at church started on arrangements for rides to and from the airport in Montreal for our trip to Portugal. A family from Brazil visited Church today. I asked them how to say good morning snd good afternoon in Portugese. Good morning is very different from Spanish. Good afternoon is similar.

Sunny and bitterly cold with a fierce south wind here in Eastern Ontario. Had pancakes with blueberry compote and coconut whipped cream after getting home from church. While at church started on arrangements for rides to and from the airport in Montreal for our trip to Portugal. A family from Brazil visited Church today. I asked them how to say good morning snd good afternoon in Portugese. Good morning is very different from Spanish. Good afternoon is similar.
Directly from Google Translate -- my lifeline, albeit an imperfect one.

"Aproveite sua viagem e fique seguro"
:)

Before going out today, I snagged 3 bins of Lego on my local freecycle site! So when we got home I happily cleared the dining room table & dove right in. Lego was always a big past-time at our house when kids were young. Lots of sorting! I intend these items as gifts for the refugee kids I'm involved with. So I had to try building a few things that were in the accompanying books before passing stuff on. One has a birthday this week :) and will be 9 - but some of this stuff is beyond his level - I will tuck it away for future :) There's a nifty electrified train track - so I got most of the engine built & it works! Might need to clean the contacts, but looking good! A fun distraction from jigsaw puzzles & knitting LOL

I have just read a post with an extreme misrepresentation of a past conflict and am really angry. I have been portrayed as the villain with zero acknowledgment of the hurtful things said to me. I may need to take a break from this community because I have to evaluate my level of trust. This makes me feel sad as well as angry.

I have just read a post with an extreme misrepresentation of a past conflict and am really angry. I have been portrayed as the villain with zero acknowledgment of the hurtful things said to me. I may need to take a break from this community because I have to evaluate my level of trust. This makes me feel sad as well as angry.
I too felt sad to read it.

Good morning! As we discuss the cents symbol (I can't remember the last time I used it, actually), trips to Portugal, weather (Happy 1st Day of Spring, btw) and all the other hills and dales of life, online and offline, let us gather round the Coffee Cart for support, tea and sympathy, coffee and chitchat.All is ready, come on in.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Good morning! As we discuss the cents symbol (I can't remember the last time I used it, actually), trips to Portugal, weather (Happy 1st Day of Spring, btw) and all the other hills and dales of life, online and offline, let us gather round the Coffee Cart for support, tea and sympathy, coffee and chitchat.All is ready, come on in.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Stimuli for the ah! Woke? Now there is grounds for a tale ...

I'll sit here quietly in the corner with my coffee. I finished my sweater last night and just need to weave in yarn ends and do other small details. I'm eagerly awaiting a resolution to a request I made so need quiet time for a bit. I'm still feeling raw and hurt by events.

Before going out today, I snagged 3 bins of Lego on my local freecycle site! So when we got home I happily cleared the dining room table & dove right in. Lego was always a big past-time at our house when kids were young. Lots of sorting! I intend these items as gifts for the refugee kids I'm involved with. So I had to try building a few things that were in the accompanying books before passing stuff on. One has a birthday this week :) and will be 9 - but some of this stuff is beyond his level - I will tuck it away for future :) There's a nifty electrified train track - so I got most of the engine built & it works! Might need to clean the contacts, but looking good! A fun distraction from jigsaw puzzles & knitting LOL
My kids loved the Lego train!

Good morning! I kinda wish now that Lego had been around during my childhood years, I would have loved that. But anyway, the Coffee Cart is open for your conversations, concerns, and community. All is ready, come and get it.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

I once cried leg go and it did now it is out there looking about for scattered thoughts as they appear in reality!

Have you noted how irrational the world is? Clues are alien ... and we do not recognize it under rules of major forgetting ...

How much thought will you displace today? Some get really hostile because they don't want our thoughts either ... and thus rejected! Realism is like that ... gives rational for unrealistic projections in which some go overboard ... screaming! You may hear them in the night as they get in tude ...

I played with a set of red plastic bricks as a kid. I loved those a lot so I think I would have been a fan of lego if they had been around. As a teacher, I always had lego in the classroom as an activity. I also washed the lego every spring and set them outside to dry. It was a big job. I have a friend who is taking an on-line course about the many ways to use lego in the classroom. I wish I had used them more than a spare-time activity.

The blocking of the entire world tends to creep ... there is a geological term for it that could be confused for something in des crypt ... may resemble glacae elle ... from there everything slips because of Sisyphus ... the peddling of the sister yah hoos because of desires of the fodders? Leads to considerable gnashing ... nash being dark as gimmel! What happens when messing about with god, word and such poorly understood icons ... then there was "M"! Can a mother be snaky also ...

Caduceus ... and the senators' wives were messed up also? Expect swelling of different nature ... discrete? Spontaneous?

I doubt because if you investigate physical beginnings they have cause and effect ... only the mind can be vacated of such efforts! Alas that must be ineffable too ... and it remains silent as derelict of all sentient matter ... an empty bone head ...

Last edited:
Of course, there's the hypothesis that Lego is a terrorist plot to hobble Western civilization (yes, I have stepped on Lego, why do you ask?). :ROFLMAO:

But, yeah, I was a huge Lego fan as a kid. We didn't have the fancy licensed kits they have nowadays, but I was still producing some pretty cool stuff. In fact, I think we had to be more creative if we wanted stuff like the USS Enterprise or a Star Wars spaceship since we had to figure it out without plans or special parts.

We had Duplo here. I have noticed even Duplo has gone to more kits with special pieces these days. When we had it, there were just a few basic shapes. I actually think it was more creative that way.

I stepped on a few. I wonder if they could go in the dishwasher? Obviously in a net bag! That's presuming you or a friendly neighbour has one.

Back