Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
I'm doing some homework on fall risk and how other facilities handle it. I chatted with my siblings and we're all on the same page. This type of facility was created so that people could move easily from independent living to assisted living to nursing care as needed. Of course, being a private for profit facility, that doesn't happen these days. Sadly.

I'm of the belief that we need to treat our elders much better. Silly me.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Good morning! As we start another day, getting ready to deal with stressed people in a stressful time, let us take a few moments around the coffee cart to breathe and relax, converse and support. All is ready, come and get it.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Luce NDs

I'm doing some homework on fall risk and how other facilities handle it. I chatted with my siblings and we're all on the same page. This type of facility was created so that people could move easily from independent living to assisted living to nursing care as needed. Of course, being a private for profit facility, that doesn't happen these days. Sadly.

I'm of the belief that we need to treat our elders much better. Silly me.

What occurs when elder care becomes innate ... you know when one gets right into it without a thought ... the personification of denial?

Decrepit psyche syndrome hits some people at a young age and they never get over that mound ... consider leaders stuck on high ground! Hierarchal tacky points ...

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
"It was a dark and stormy night..." and a dark, stormy, rainy morn as well. At least in these parts. But the coffee cart is ready, with hot beverages of all kinds, to bring sunshine on a dull morning. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Northwind

It's very dark and stormy here. I wish my friends in the west could get this rain. Maybe not quite this heavy, and certainly not with the lightning.

Yesterday was a productive day. We sold my father's mobility scooter and went through some of his boxes in our friend's basement. We enjoyed a supper with those friends. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

I've spoken to the director of the community where my father lived. She offered to have a meeting between her, the regional director and me today. That has been changed to a phone meeting which is fine with me. We'll have a chill day today then go over and get the rest of the stuff (not much there) out of the apartment. When we were there yesterday, there was an invoice for August rent under the door even though I signed a termination agreement. An agreement I still haven't seen again. I was supposed to get a copy of it. I talked to my father's neighbour yesterday and was glad to hear they did come to help my father when she called. I do still have questions though.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
In a total joyful moment, I got to meet a neighbour's new puppy after work today. A beagle puppy, friendly as hell, with a very soft tongue. We had quite the conversation. Hound puppies are the bomb.

Mendalla

Agnostic pantheist gorilla
In a total joyful moment, I got to meet a neighbour's new puppy after work today. A beagle puppy, friendly as hell, with a very soft tongue. We had quite the conversation. Hound puppies are the bomb.
Beagles are fun but I am not sure I would own one again. Terriers are really more my speed.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
I'm starting to think about my "next dog". I adore my Lucy, and she's a mutt, but a fair-sized one (think English Foxhound with extra fur), and she's 11. I've watched my fellow "hound friends" move through dog breeds as they age (Lucy is a bit much for anyone but a fit middle-aged adult, has been known to break 200 lb. test chain). They all end up with daschunds. I will never be ready to move to doxie-land, so a beagle it might just be.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Good morning! For beagle puppies (Snoopys-in-training), responsive health care persons, and good neighbours, we give thanks. For the myriad of other topics, concerns and thoughts, let us gather round the coffee cart, where all sorts of hot beverages await.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

JayneWonders

Good morning.

Yesterday was a canning day with my sister-in-law. Haven't canned for probably 20 years.
We spent much of the day visiting, and made two batches of zucchini relish. Didn't make as much as I remember, but we had a nice time.

Today is a sewing day, i think. We shall see.

Northwind

Today is a laundry day. I was not impressed with the laundry facilities at this park when I used them so we're going into town. There's a couple laundry cafés that look interesting. We'll (I'll) do laundry and we'll enjoy a lunch

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Today is a laundry day. I was not impressed with the laundry facilities at this park when I used them so we're going into town. There's a couple laundry cafés that look interesting. We'll (I'll) do laundry and we'll enjoy a lunch
Went to our first (prob only!) laundry cafe in Iceland! It was a bustling bar/cafe and packed with people. Sure enough - downstairs (to visit the loo) I found a great kids playroom & all the laundry machines. Thought it was brilliant.

Luce NDs

Today is preparation day as one day ends and we are dazed by future prospects ...

Prescience?

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Good morning, all! From canning to laundry, from illumined by the past to dazed by future prospect, let us take a few moments to breathe, converse, and, of course, drink hot beverages. All is ready, the coffee cart is up and running. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

Luce NDs

And a grand dais to play with god as a word that permeates all things ... if we can find a label for what we didn't know a' forehand!

It is an ideal that one can reshape as the English did with countless prior linguistic tildes ... you can create chaos with such outcomes ... yet some will swear by fixed words ... before you know it they too are gone ... like some of history's most glowing and mental glories ... the ancient Tiferet ... to use an ancient shining expression! A mass struggles to hide such potential so as to support unknowing ... universal expectations of the alien and macabre..

Some say macabre relates to the dead and thus the rising of dead languages to shake up the corrupt powers! Materials to be forgotten and converted to immaterial ... rightly causing remnant humps in space ... riffles?

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Good morning! Today we mark Emancipation Day, 'officially' for the first time. (It's been celebrated for generations in Owen Sound and a few other places). :Let us raise our cups and mugs in celebration.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Luce NDs

Yet .. through the power of denial ... imagine what might be depleted!

Thus the mindless state ... and if you note such things the opposed will deny it! Immediately it is gone ...

Luce NDs

Dance and sing like nobody is there ... and potentially none will be encountered ... and then a person notes what they've missed.

In a mental state things are different than in the mindless state ... as something we must get through in the test ...

Being the human opposition to just about everything it is best not to have anything in your aura! It is a concept to be enigmatically expanded on as an exception to the endless rules, regulations and laws given how we ignore them ... thus vast naivete! Isn't that stupid ...

You'd think after all our history we'd have learned something out of our endless nothings (passions)! Thus the coded intelligence ... outdated?

One can not say enough about the vast expanse providing never ending edges ... people go off on that regular regular rants ... conformation is recommended!

Note political stimulations ... usually based on giving nothing to the lesser power ... anything other than governing, religious, or mercenary options ...

It is brain boggling as mental bashing ...