Relearning old skills: Sewing

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Jacket for older girl got "more unicorns" embroidered onto it. (and flowers from the wreath on the front, as well)

Also, both used "metallic" thread, as it sparkles and the 4 yr old liked the sparkly thread.

Last edited:
I finished this sweater for hubby. I bought the yarn and the magazine that has the pattern in 1999 or 2000. It was in a bag in a closet for years. I knit it as part of my destash mission. Does anyone have tips for sewing in a zipper. The yarn is bulky weight. I suspect I'll have to hand sew it in.

20230419_163504.jpg

Interesting pattern. It looks like it will make for a cosy sweater. Can't offer advice about the zipper I'm sorry to say. Maybe Youtube can help.

Interesting pattern. It looks like it will make for a cosy sweater. Can't offer advice about the zipper I'm sorry to say. Maybe Youtube can help.

That will be part of my research. I'm also going to a knitting group tonight. I'm sure a wise woman there will have ideas too.

How did today go for you?

So I've done some thinking and consulting. I was on the right track. I'll put the zipper in this morning.

Back