Quirky facts we've learned

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Now, I didn't know that was an actual rule, however, on our church sign, which is accurate, in that [other] people care about naming conventions, our rev is designated the Rev. Dr. Susan E, because she has a doctorate, honorary. And I didn't conclude that it would supercede a knighthood as well. Hmmmm.
BAsic grammar at work here. Reverend/Rev is more of an adjective than a title. SO the adjective comes before the noun

Discovered Cardinals are very common birds in many places. Never saw one in Deep River and have not seen any here yet in Hawkesbury. We saw an Oriole a couple of times last summer near where we live.

Discovered Cardinals are very common birds in many places. Never saw one in Deep River and have not seen any here yet in Hawkesbury.
They are fairly common around here. Not as common as, say, robins but I still see them around quite a bit.

They are definitely a regular feature of this neighbourhood. They're particularly fond of grapes, and I have three cultivated grapevines and a wild one on the property, so maybe that keeps them around. I know that they are the dominant song I hear in the mornings.

The dominant singers here are robins. The chickadees are quiet. Occasionally hear the blue jay. The starlings and grackles do not seem to chatter much.

I see and hear crows a LOT. They hang out in the jackpines in the park across the road.
See lots of chickadees, redpolls, purple finches and juncos. Also occasional woodpeckers (hairy and downy), blue jays, and later in the summer (if it ever gets here) we'll have swallows.
We have a pair of chickadees intent on nest building right outside the living room window.

Cardinals are so beautiful. I used to have a pair that came to the feeder. They are actually quite shy, and wait until the coast is clear to feed...sometimes as it's getting dark. I watched the male feed the female during nesting. I love the exquisite colouring of the female. Why on earth is she described in field guides as "dull"?
In the city, I haven't seen one yet, but I've heard them

Can disinformation be defined or too slick because of the sales faction ... thus oil producers!

Is there any greater condemnation of snake oil salesmen than petrol tyrants? Well-greased hands on deck ... brains can be rendered into fatty acids ... useful in tanning skins ... thus head renderings ... divine separates!

A Polar Bear's skin is Black under all that fiberoptic like fur

(Built in solar panels bay bee)

Their teeth are the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything

No wonder I chose this as my fursona lol
(Or it chose me?)

For the first time
I met a Northern Flicker
Who was a mere few feet of me
And who didn't immediately fly away
Like they usually do when I look at them directly
I even got to have a bit of a convo with her
She flew away when some people came up behind me
Quite a special experience
I got to see that she had a red area on her back
Very beautiful birds

They are. I've seen one only once; at my godparents' cabin in Huron County. Hung around long enough for us to identify, then gone. Quite naturally elusive birds, I think.

Very common in Alberta. They cause thousands of dollars of damage to homes in Calgary as they make holes in the walls for nests. One made a big hole in my neighbour's house and started a few others. There were flocks that used the park near where we lived in Wainwright. They are gorgeous birds and they are annoying birds. One or two males in the area where we lived in Calgary would hammer on street lights and chimneys for a few weeks in the spring.

Very common in Alberta. They cause thousands of dollars of damage to homes in Calgary as they make holes in the walls for nests. One made a big hole in my neighbour's house and started a few others. There were flocks that used the park near where we lived in Wainwright. They are gorgeous birds and they are annoying birds. One or two males in the area where we lived in Calgary would hammer on street lights and chimneys for a few weeks in the spring.

Sounds like powerful politicians ... apparently gorgeous in their own vision which varies with perspective as they manifest ... but still self destructive ... as they cannot deal with virtue ... thus more of the alternate ...

If I am wrong I stand to be corrected ... and thus weaker mental orders are whipped so as to identify ... well you know what!

Even if by law that is unspeakable as the man-made Gods directed ... now if a god made man appeared would that be elusive ... only in your darkest space ... an abstract? Virtual unknown ... that 'sa vast-heh! Baffle line ...

Back