Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The tracing only traces the path of an infected person, it doesn’t prevent infection. Only not going out and meeting lots of people prevents infection. Having kids going door to door, touching doorbells, grabbing into bags with treats doesn’t sound like a good idea in places with high incidents. Could it be made safer? Sure, but most people probably wouldn’t.

And Ontario cracks 1000 for the first time. 1042 new cases today. As usual, over half are in the GTA (Toronto, Peel, and York remain the three worst). Durham has now joined the club as well and Ottawa remains the biggest concentration outside the GTA.

@revsdd pointed out in a Twitter thread that this marks two weeks since Thanksgiving so this is our "Thanksgiving surge".

Less than 10 deaths per day. Not congruent with cases...
Wouldn’t want to use the less scary number when inflicting fear is the goal.

Do you really scare that easily? I don't. It helps me to see the bigger picture for perspective. BC includes the number of people who are isolating after contact with someone who is infected as well. More practical information helps many make informed decisions. And no, I am not living in fear.

I had to search hard to get daily deaths. They typically just show cumulative. I’m not scared but lots of people are. Try going to a farmer’s market and walking the isles against the arrows. People look at you like you are pointing a shotgun at them!

Do you really scare that easily? I don't. It helps me to see the bigger picture for perspective. BC includes the number of people who are isolating after contact with someone who is infected as well. More practical information helps many make informed decisions. And no, I am not living in fear.
You are not living in fear ... might that be because you personally have nothing to fear. Try looking at it from another person's point of view for a change. I personally have nothing to fear either ... does not mean I should call continually to pose undue hardships on people that do have a lot to be more fearful of than risking an infection with a more than 99.--? recovery rate.

COVID-19 death rates have drastically fallen among all age groups — even as cases spike​

Khalilah Gates, a critical care pulmonologist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, told NPR that patients in the early days of the pandemic were put on ventilators and breathing machines and perhaps offered enrollment into critical trials but "six-plus months into this, we kind of have a rhythm, and so it has become an everyday standard patient for us at this point in time."

Igor Derysh
SalonOctober 24, 2020

Last edited:
The tracing only traces the path of an infected person, it doesn’t prevent infection. Only not going out and meeting lots of people prevents infection. Having kids going door to door, touching doorbells, grabbing into bags with treats doesn’t sound like a good idea in places with high incidents. Could it be made safer? Sure, but most people probably wouldn’t.
Oh I don't agree with trick or treating at least not here. Tracing does help prevent more infections though - by letting people know they have been exposed so they can isolate. I think there's good information in there even if I don't agree with everything. I don't think trick or treating is the riskiest activity either and I think it could be done safely but I don't have a high degree in trust in others for that to actually occur.

Premier Doug Ford and Peter Bethlenfalvy, chair of the government's newly-established "Future State Modernization Committee," announced what they're calling the "Digital Identity program" as part of a sweeping action plan called Ontario Onwards: Ontario's COVID-19 Action Plan for a People-Focused Government.

One of more than 30 projects intended to "improve the way people and businesses interact with government, saving them both time and money," the digitial identity program would essentially allow Ontario residents to port their government-issued identification documents into a digital wallet.

The provincial government says it will begin consulting with the industry in January on "how the province could introduce a secure Digital Identity for the people of Ontario by the end of 2021."

Netherlands
elke-de-klerk.jpg
We are also starting a lawsuit to the State of the Netherlands to bring this in with a large group of doctors and a really large group of nurses also, because we have contact with 87,000 nurses that do not want the vaccine that is being prepared for us.

The panic is caused by these false positive PCR tests. 89 to 94% of these PCR tests are false positive. They don’t test for the COVID-19.

Medical doctors need to stop looking at those tests. Let’s go back to the clinics and the facts.

How hard is it too admit that more harm is being done than good will come of it?

I won't be switching to your paranoid side anytime soon. I'm cautious and am also skeptical of government measures. I won't move to absolute paranoia.

I won't be switching to your paranoid side anytime soon.
I doubt you will be able to ignore the evidence that the measures you support are causing much more harm to people not as privileged as yourself for much longer ... but I could be wrong ... willful ignorance seems to be the new normal.

I'm thinking of leaving a box outside that says "2 treats per monster. Help yourselves. Please be good ghouls and disinfect your claws first, and rinse off your treats when you get home. Stay safe." And also leaving a bottle of hand sanitizer out there. There are some kids in the neighbourhood. Most kids would be coming out early with their parents, so they can assist them. I might move the box closer to the sidewalk later - teenagers can have what's left, if there is anything left or any teenagers to take it. Or I'll just do first come first serve - then bring it in early, by 8 maybe, and have what's left to myself. :)

But I might just stay home and not give out anything. My landlords won't be participating. They said I could if I want to. I'm thinking about whether I want to or not.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t do that Kimmio. Reaching multiple hands into the container would not help

if you think kids will come by your door, I would have a bowl of treats, maybe a sign that says stand here six feet back from the door. Or little foot prints

then you can toss the treats to the kiddies And wear your mask. Maybe a witches hat too ( people have organized using a piece of PVC pipe to dispense the treats too which is a fun idea)

it will be up to parents to disinfect treats if they want. If people still do for groceries , I would think they might

Back