Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

They listened to actual scientists. Wonders will never cease.

They finally extended masking officially to our head office. The policy has been in effect at our branches for a while (being in health care and all) but they've been lax about it at head office, probably because most of us have been working from home anyhow. I have to go in for a day next week so I'll see how it is working for myself.

They listened to actual scientists. Wonders will never cease.

They finally extended masking officially to our head office. The policy has been in effect at our branches for a while (being in health care and all) but they've been lax about it at head office, probably because most of us have been working from home anyhow. I have to go in for a day next week so I'll see how it is working for myself.
Yep now it's a virus with two modes of transmission.......it's time they studied water transmission too.

There are books written on the topic of extreme assertiveness ... yet the narcissist says we shouldn't know of it or it will mess up their conspiracies and plots, plans schemes, etc. Roger the stone is set free ... chip off the old ...

There are world leaders that even hate the word related to alien blossoms! Tis humbling and thus us recessions ... underhanded scratch work ... partisan underground work of the ground squirrel ... thigh crushing even! Rye and gritty ... despised by rheumoured conservationists that would flame at everything ... hus the HOB!

If they divided health regions into smaller neighbourhoods, and everyone in each neighbourhood stayed home for two weeks as soon as there were any cases in their neighbourhood - had response teams ready to deliver food and medicine to each small enclave as necessary - covid could be beat. It could’ve been done and over with in a month or two. Without all this craziness. Even if they divided cities into emergency zones so that people could carry on as normal within each zone (but anyone with covid quarantined), but only do their shopping etc, in that zone (kind of like like school zoning but for day to day living in states of emergency). Just until the crisis passes. Then do the same thing if another virus crisis hits in the future.

Last edited:
If they divided health regions into smaller neighbourhoods, and everyone in each neighbourhood stayed home for two weeks as soon as there were any cases in their neighbourhood - had response teams ready to deliver food and medicine to each small enclave as necessary - covid could be beat. It could’ve been done. Without all this craziness.
And deaths would increase from other things.

I took that approach even though not specifically mandated. I stayed in about a 8-10 block radius the whole time. I went downtown to a park on Victoria Day, I think, was the first and only one of 3 times now. I grocery shopped more often than some, but I never left my neighbourhood “bubble”. I figured that limited my exposure better.

I took that approach even though not specifically mandated. I stayed in about a 8-10 block radius the whole time. I went downtown to a park on Victoria Day, I think, was the first and only one of 3 times now.
That's you though. Different people have different jobs. Many surgeons don't live that close to the hospital; neither do patients. Things need to be transported. I don't get it you were against many of the restrictions when they were implemented and now suggest much more rigid ones.

I think neighbourhood bubbles are a better idea - for two weeks in effect immediately when a case hits town - that family/ household bubbles that include people who see people in other neighbourhoods.

That's you though. Different people have different jobs. Many surgeons don't live that close to the hospital; neither do patients. Things need to be transported. I don't get it you were against many of the restrictions when they were implemented and now suggest much more rigid ones.
It’s not more rigid. It’s less rigid than all the expense needed to create a new normal into the future that absolutely sucks.

Now that we know. Now that we’ve been through a wave (ongoing). Two week neighbourhood bubbles (with careful exceptions to medical staff and patients who live outside of needed medical facilities) going into effect would be much freer. Could still visit in neighbours homes and go for lunch in neighbourhood restaurants. And kids could still play in neighbourhood parks, etc. Two weeks. Not months going on years like this.

It could stamp viruses out without the need for hermetically sealed new normals.

Last edited:
Back