Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I got a sinus infection from swimming in the Ottawa River close to Montreal the weekend before leaving on our big trip to the West. I had a runny nose and cough for three weeks. On the fourteenth day, the first we were not changing location, my best friend took me to the Strathcona Health Centre. After over four hours, blood work, chest xray, and ECG, the doctor said I had a 99% probability of a virus infection and to keep treating the symptoms as I was. Twelve days later, yucky mucus, worsening cough, and similar tests in the Urgent Care Centre in Cochrane, the xray showed possible pneumonia, inflammation in the lungs, and the doctor prescribed prednisone for the inflammation and a strong antibiotic for the possible pneumonia. Three days later my coughing ended and B had been coughing for a few days. Not overly worried about Covid but maybe I should be.
Curious, does the Ottawa river get tested for bacteria? I know we have a river running through our town, and when I asked why no one is allowed to swim in it, it's partly because they stopped testing the water years ago. Unfortunate for the campground that has a beach they aren't allowed to swim in and another for day use

The water was fairly yucky. The beach is about a kilometre long and is along a giant eddy caused by a bend in the river. The breeze was offshore and the water is very shallow, which made it fairly warm. The result was a mix of broken vegetation and other stuff accumulating there. The Town Of Oka and the reserve are upstream of the park. I was being careful but made a bad move and got water up my nose. It almost certainly has both bacteria and viruses in it. Out of three times swimming there, this was the first time I got water up my nose.

I spent most of yesterday drooping around and going back to bed. Never had a reaction to a flu shot before. Not nice.

The Covid shots are here now and we are scheduled for today. Crossing my fingers that I don't react!

I spent most of yesterday drooping around and going back to bed. Never had a reaction to a flu shot before. Not nice.

The Covid shots are here now and we are scheduled for today. Crossing my fingers that I don't react!
Hope you're feeling alright!

Thanks, but yes, I'm feeling fine other that an arm that feels slightly bruised. Glad to have both shots over and done with until the medical folks decide another is needed.

While waiting we were entertained by an anti vaxer telling us about all the people she knew who had their lives ruined by the Coviid shot. Apparently her brother immediately went deaf when the vaccine entered his arm. Her sister was rushed to the hospital with cancer throughout her body that entered her body with the shot. Her cousin has had a really bad flu for two years since getting his shot and can no longer work. Her neighbour went home after getting his shot and died of a heart attack. She claimed that this all happened right in our town and the families were paid to keep quiet and the doctors refuse to talk about the dangers of the shots.

We struggled to listen without laughing!

On a bus ride awhile back, there was a convivial chat happening between a couple of strangers, and it was very friendly until one digressed into antivaxx rhetoric and the chilling effect was real and immediate. The listener withdrew while looking terribly uncomfortable.

We struggled to listen without laughing!

I hereby nominate you for a medal. That no doubt took strength.

I recently got a notice that a flu shot is available for me. This would have been a good week for me since I'm on my two week break from the med that impacts my immune system. I decided not to go because of our trip to Edmonton. I'll wait until my next med break. I'm sure my covid vaccine will be available by then too.

Tis amazing to be living in a country of Anti-Vaxxers

No mandates
No mass firings
No forced medicine taking
Freedom of movement
No contact tracing
Schools open
Restaurants allowed to operate
Its amazing

Must be so frustrating for those of us who are disgusted or even hate Anti Vaxxers...when all it is is projection from their own self loathing

Tisk

(of course, the Trauma of the past few years didn't help...that is lasting...)

No actual Anti Vaxxers who injected during the writing of this post

Tho *everybody with me* SOME WERE SAVAGELY POODLED! :3

#Peace
#Joy
#Whim
#Spray the Room

No mandates
No mass firings
Freedom of movement
No contact tracing
Schools open
Its amazing

Must be so frustrating for those of us who are disgusted or even hate Anti Vaxxers...when all it is is projection from their own self loathing

Tisk

#Peace
#Joy
#Whim
#Spray the Room

Poo may be dell 'd ... collected in hollo spots ... from there fecundity erupts ... take it down gently ...

No mandates
No mass firings
Freedom of movement
No contact tracing
Schools open
Its amazing

Tisk

#Peace
#Joy
#Whim
#Spray the Room
No one ever asks the dead for their opinion

Well no one seems to be asking those who died from Covid except the vaxers.
Do you have telepathy?
I don't ;3

And take that up with everyone in Canada

Why not ask them all?

Why did you kill grandma? :3

Vaxxers? Never heard of them...
I only see Anti Vaxxers as far as the eye can see...including you :3

#BeNotAfraid

Do you have telepathy?
I don't ;3

And take that up with everyone in Canada

Why not ask them all?

Why did you kill grandma? :3

Vaxxers? Never heard of them...
I only see Anti Vaxxers as far as the eye can see...including you :3

#BeNotAfraid
No telepathy, just opinions, just like you and everyone.

Latest Excess Death stats
From the OECD

Mortality (by week) : Excess deaths by week, 2020-2023

Man these past few years have been brutal
1f641.png

You know the answer to that, Science maven :3 It is actually defined. No weird conspiracy theory needed.

To some it is said to be defined as the end of humanity with insane desires regarding avarice ... the final solution? Some envision it as a Dark Lady! These may involve alternate dark robes ...

Oh and there is are belleweathers I use for helping determine how dire the sickness is

One city here

I see what the masking situation is there. And if I see a lot of outdoor masks, yikes! Time to get busy :3

Where y'all live, any places like that?

Back