Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
Except that your naked chest and feet are less likely to communicate a known, currently circulating disease than your uncovered face.

It's not all that funny if you have loved ones at risk.
You are still missing the point ... let's say I don't even bother to wear a mask ... I am willfully thwarting the rules ... what consequences should I face?

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 the Province distributed 20 million free, non-medical face masks through A&W, McDonald's, and Tim Hortons drive-thrus.
mask glove pollution.jpg

What do you see in this picture? I see a whole lot of nonessential garbage ... and 20 million of these (gloves masks and wrappers) is just a drop in the bucket!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
You are still missing the point ... let's say I don't even bother to wear a mask ... I am willfully thwarting the rules ... what consequences should I face?
I hope that you don't find out that you've killed an older person with your lack of care.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Realistically, it is my experience, living in a liberal democracy, that, with some exceptions, we rely a lot more on obedience than enforcement. In "some" Asian countries, they rely more on enforcement.

Also, realistically, countries are obligated to come up with some sort of strategy to deal with contagion. I remain profoundly confused as to what Rita's reaction to pandemic should be.

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
I hope that you don't find out that you've killed an older person with your lack of care.
I hope that non medical reusable masks and latex gloves will be banned - because I care.

I am supportive of re-usables and hand washing alternatives for those who feel compelled to be care-fully obedient even without the threat of financial or physical violence being enforced on them.

I take seriously my responsibility of care for the elderly and the children and all life beings equally ... I can do that with or without a mask ... really I can.

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
I remain profoundly confused as to what Rita's reaction to pandemic should be.
I am profoundly confused as to why there is so much over-reaction and irrational fear mongering. One way or another we all have to give up the ghost ... not sure why I should care more about someone dying from complications of a virus that we will learn to live and die with as we always have ... more than I care about people dying because of the deliberate capitalistic withholding of medicine or food or shelter or clean air and water ... denied the basic freedom to thrive ... because of unjust wars and sanctions and other such exploits in the name of profit hoarding for the privileged.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
So, Bette, I am not up in arms about any rules.

I abide by the rules that I think are just and I reject the notion that I should to be 'forced under threat of violence' to obey the rules that I do not.

I extend that freedom of choice to any and all and recognize that there are consequences.

If I 'being of sound mind' and only for the sake of 'being defiant' ... chose to run into a public no shirt no shoes establishment while other than sporting a mask I was stark naked ... what should be my just consequence?
I highlighted a line here Ritafee. Society doesn’t support you only abiding by rules that YOU think are just. If that were the case society would fall apart. We agree to follow the rules, laws of our society. Or face the consequences. If you don’t like the rule law that doesn’t mean you get to ignore it

you are not alone in feeling that somehow your personal liberty is at risk by being told to not enter or wear a mask. no one , obviously , is going to change your mind. You seem to believe that your personal choices are more important than the rules set out by other people. It is a sad statement about your support of society and your support of your fellow mankind. But you are certainly not the only completely selfish person out there

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
Interesting interview yesterday on CBC about the effects of Covid on mental health. The stress for Covid positive people of the worry potentially having given it to others and the potential serious consequences for them as well as the worry about once own health as the disease progresses. At the beginning, we had only spoken about the effect of being isolated for the general public. Of course, in most cases, nobody is to blame when catching it ( except the ones that go to Covid parties or don’t self isolate when they should have).

Luce NDs

Reaction score
There is a large collective movement happening. Bigger than the civil rights movement. It isn’t happening here on WC per say, but it’s happening.
Is a collective movement a sort of large crap that has a backlash ... abstract comeback or JUST return ?

Mental Health ... if mental is part of the unseen sol of the difficulty ... can mental health be existential? I've been told psyche doesn't exist ...

Mor rebound ... as a floater bourne well?

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Even Dante had a masque ... a pure sign of something deeper in his devilish narrative?

It remains an enigma for those still under the fabric where the tattoo (dance) cannot be observed ...

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
I highlighted a line here Ritafee. Society doesn’t support you only abiding by rules that YOU think are just. If that were the case society would fall apart. We agree to follow the rules, laws of our society. Or face the consequences. If you don’t like the rule law that doesn’t mean you get to ignore it

you are not alone in feeling that somehow your personal liberty is at risk by being told to not enter or wear a mask. no one , obviously , is going to change your mind. You seem to believe that your personal choices are more important than the rules set out by other people. It is a sad statement about your support of society and your support of your fellow mankind. But you are certainly not the only completely selfish person out there
Actually if I don't think the rule of law is just it is my 'civil' duty to disobey it. I am informed of that by many that have fought for 'freedom from tyranny' in the past and are still fighting for their personal freedoms today. My personal freedom translates to your personal freedom ... if you want it. If you do not want to be a free individual ... that is your choice ... I am not obligated by any moral standard to wear a face covering that I do not feel is beneficial to the health and well being of my fellow citizens. That is an informed decision on my part ... not a selfish one. And the idea that anyone here thinks they have the 'civil' duty to 'shame' me into compliance is sadly mistaken . I tried to follow the 'rules' of the new Virus BS ... but they keep moving the goal post. What is it with people that are afraid of a person that claims personal freedom. Slavery Patriarchy Wars Debt Servitude Masses of Incarcerated Peoples The Death Penalty - All under the Rule of Law - Were all those that stood against those Rules doing it for selfish reasons?

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
This week I have deliberately taken time off from governing my little corner of the world to look at what is happening globally ...
So many people are risking life and limb ... speaking out against the injustice under the guise of this global fear campaign in the name of Carona.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Now, I absolutely agree that, except in a clinical setting, where they are discarded between patients, gloves are useless.

You're better off to sanitize bare hands between interactions. Otherwise, those gloves just become an increasingly thick layer of potential cross-contaminants of all sorts of nasties. The only thing gloves do that is positive is to protect sensitive hands from the extremely drying effects of vast quantities of alcohol applied to your skin.

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
the effects of Covid on mental health.
Indeed ... global PTSD compliments of the Technocracy.

The science of social engineering ... towards 'The Great Reset'.

And there is nothing NOVEL about it.

“The Hard Road to World Order,” was actually the title of an article written in 1974.

It appeared in Foreign Affairs magazine written by Richard Gardener an academic at the time .... an academic who wrote 'the papers', kind of like the Big Pharma people do in our time... (nothing new under the Sun?) ... they get the studies paid for and they can make them say whatever. Well, Gardner was one of those academics back then who supported 'The' Trilateral Commission. Here's what he had to say ...

"In short, the house of world order would have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down. It will look like a great booming, buzzing confusion, to use William James’ famous description of reality, but an end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece, will accomplish much more than the old-fashioned frontal assault."

Now of course you must all jump on me and call me a conspiracy theorist ... because that is what you are socially engineered to do ... have at it!

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Rule of law ... more to break down and digest mentally! Fete noire ... the monster moves ... Perry Tonee L movements?

No crap like those songs of Perree Como about stars falling ...

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
You seem to believe that your personal choices are more important than the rules set out by other people. It is a sad statement about your support of society and your support of your fellow mankind. But you are certainly not the only completely selfish person out there
I liken this to an airplane when they give you the instruction before the flight, they say, "If the oxygen masks come down, put it on your face first and then help the person next to you." Well, that whole thing has been flip-flopped now.

Now the rule is we have to put the mask on to protect everybody else against us, even if it's detrimental to our own health. Some people see through the pseudoscience of face mask and social distancing, contact tracing and all these mechanisms that are being thrown down at us. Once they start to see through the statistical models being totally erroneous, they're beginning to understand that we just need to stop this behavior and not obey them.

Come on people ... we are not allowed gather to sing in Church? Forget about free speech ... singing in public places is now considered a threat to our collective health and I am the one that is being irrational?

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
Think globally act locally ... we need better local sheriffs is what we need.

Like this guy ... Retired Sheriff Richard Mack. He has put himself out there challenging and instructing other sheriffs to take a step back and say ... "Wait a minute. We're not going to do that. We're not the Gestapo out here. We're not going to enforce your phony baloney orders from state level or whatever. We're going to support the Constitution in our county."

A wonderful breath of fresh air to see a sheriff like that stand up for 'the' people.

He's instrumental in training other active sheriffs but he doesn't just speak to sheriffs. He speaks to other leaders of communities ... he speaks to mayors and anybody who's taken an oath of office ...

"If you took an oath to do that, you either need to rescind your oath or you need to follow it. And if you want to follow it, you're not willing to rescind it. Here's how you do that.”

And he speaks at anti mask rallies ...

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
even if it's detrimental to our own health.
Therein lies the problem. There is exactly zero evidence that a mask hurts your own health. A doctor, in the U.K. I think, ran a half marathon in a mask while monitoring his own oxygen levels. They never dipped below 98%.

The only legit mask exemptions, from all the facts that I've read, are skin so damaged that a mask would physically hurt, like 2nd or 3rd degree burns, or a clinically documented phobia of having one's nose and mouth covered.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem. There is exactly zero evidence that a mask hurts your own health. A doctor, in the U.K. I think, ran a half marathon in a mask while monitoring his own oxygen levels. They never dipped below 98%.

The only legit mask exemptions, from all the facts that I've read, are skin so damaged that a mask would physically hurt, like 2nd or 3rd degree burns, or a clinically documented phobia of having one's nose and mouth covered.
With how bad my eczema was this past winter, wearing a mask would have been difficult. Another reason to not wear a mask is when it cannot be removed, so someone with paralysis, an injury that prevents lifting both arms to the face, limited dexterity, etc.

Reaction score
... singing in public places is now considered a threat to our collective health and I am the one that is being irrational?
Yep.

What if you had to have emergency surgery and there was a Hep C outbreak - and the surgeon refused to wear a mask because it infringed upon his or her civil liberties - and you were risk for getting it?

It’s uncomfortable, they have to wear it for hours...but they do it to keep others safe. If they don’t they’d probably lose their job, license, possible legal repercussions for negligence. I think that some kind enforced consequences for breaking the rules would be fair, don’t you?

(I remember many years ago there was a hep C outbreak in BC that doctors in hospitals were exposed to.)

Last edited: