Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Received word yesterday that my mother's older sister died in the BC lower mainland ... occured on August 11 at the age of 106 ... thus the support of the late news from the trustees ... legalistic routes are slow when you tend towards autonomy and independent personality traits.

That was the last of the 3 sisters of the past generation ... Mum passing Aug 13 2019, another Dec 2109 and the end of the triad at a riper age ...
Wow. All three within a year. Sad to hear. Condolences, Luce. But, wow, 106. That's a pretty good age.

106 is an amazing age. Condolences Luce

On top of that her second husband died some years ago at 104 ...

This space of years between us in recent times left us sort of feeling separated!

Condolences appreciated ... even tho' here at home few remember these relatives ... and in a few years few will remember me and my clan! It is the way it is realistically. If you say this different ... folks will read into it a differing message ... missal! Like tre boo chet ... ringing toss! I will remain a feinting vapour ...

On top of that her second husband died some years ago at 104 ...

This space of years between us in recent times left us sort of feeling separated!

Condolences appreciated ... even tho' here at home few remember these relatives ... and in a few years few will remember me and my clan! It is the way it is realistically. If you say this different ... folks will read into it a differing message ... missal! Like tre boo chet ... ringing toss! I will remain a feinting vapour ...
As long as you remember them, that is the most important

I am sorry to hear about your aunt, Luce. Hard to lose the last of a generation. 106 is a damned good age, though.

Condolences Luce. It is HARD to lose family members close together. I found the grieving process was incredibly difficult. While grieving one I felt I was ignoring the loss of the others. In the space of three months I lost my brother and my sister. To cap off the situation my sister's husband died as the family made their way to her funeral. The other complication I had was that people didn't seem to think that these losses were worth their sympathy. I guess they were a bit like miscarriages - considered non-events by many. Take your time to honour them as you will, with or without community support,

(((((Luce)))))

Received word yesterday that my mother's older sister died in the BC lower mainland ... occured on August 11 at the age of 106 ... thus the support of the late news from the trustees ... legalistic routes are slow when you tend towards autonomy and independent personality traits.

That was the last of the 3 sisters of the past generation ... Mum passing Aug 13 2019, another Dec 2109 and the end of the triad at a riper age ...

I communicate as best I can to a BS that supports not knowing is best ... there are leaders that form images of the sort .. albeit part of the anarchy of life. Don;t you love having to reorder stuff? The directions are extremely variable ... the settling of the will is something else and Isle probably outlive that doings ... thus dissonance has preferred continuance ... as Eris (some say Aries as they don't collect metaphors and Pa Rabble)!

Thus the re dunn dance ... over indelible word(s) ... inky at best ...
So the end of an era.....take encouragement from the long lives... You are just a pup.

Not changing the subject here - just a brief interjection...final chapbook class is in less than 15 minutes...those 6 weeks flew by FAST!

So the end of an era.....take encouragement from the long lives... You are just a pup.
For Luce that seems true. Long lives.
Not really true for my losses. Brother 65, sister 66, BIL 70. In a short period of time I went from being the youngest in my generation to the ONLY one in my generation. It was sobering to realize that there is no one left who remembers me as a child, a younger woman.........

What is sobering is that at a mere 47 I am almost getting to be the "older" generation in my branch of the family now that mom is gone.

For Luce that seems true. Long lives.
Not really true for my losses. Brother 65, sister 66, BIL 70. In a short period of time I went from being the youngest in my generation to the ONLY one in my generation. It was sobering to realize that there is no one left who remembers me as a child, a younger woman.........
A great-uncle of mine lived to 101, but everyone else died in their 70's and 80's.
I have a couple of friends from childhood still. The one I can't remember a time I didn't know her, we were around 3 when we met. I still have my brother and I can't imagine the world without him, but being 10 years older than me...

Really snowing and it's sticking...I think my biking is over for the year
There's a cyclist here in London who rides year round unless it gets really bad. He cuts through our neighbourhood so I used to see him all the time en route to work or when driving Little M to school.

There's a cyclist here in London who rides year round unless it gets really bad. He cuts through our neighbourhood so I used to see him all the time en route to work or when driving Little M to school.
I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't end up deep

Bit of a difference in zones, sweetie. My sister used to drive a motorcycle in Toronto virtually twelve months a year.

I note that the birthplace of our Moderator, Richard Bott, (Marathon, Ontario) has once again had an early snowstorm this year. I will not soon forget my adventure in Marathon two years ago...

depends on how much ice we get too...and we don't have regular snow removal as we're on the outskirts of the county

Bit of a difference in zones, sweetie. My sister used to drive a motorcycle in Toronto virtually twelve months a year.
Toronto really does not get snow. They just whine about getting snow. Most of them wouldn't know what to do if they actually lived in a snowbelt area like Barrie or London.

They just whine about getting snow.

They don't get snow, but they do get vast quantities of slush. I lived there for five-seven years in the early 80s (school, then work, at U of T), and I remember that my feet were chronically damp from December to April.

Back