Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday @BetteTheRed...Happy Birthday to you!

Fingers crossed the strips help...the hard water could itself be part of your skin issue problem?

Last, as I watch a hockey game, remembering momentarily how much I missed it this year; yet wondering how soon I'll be sick of watching playoffs every. single. solitary. night.

LAST, as I struggle to imagine myself watching a game of any sort...

True story: when I first left home for good, age 21, I got a job at the U of T, and acquired a flat in Leaside. Upon discovering that my rent included free cable, which I hadn't anticipated, I adopted my parents' oldest black and white "portable" TV. It took pride of place. On the floor, behind a chair. If I, or a visitor to my flat, required the use of a television, it could be lifted onto said chair and watched. For the royal wedding, the sound was turned on. For sports, not.

LAST as I wonder how long the LOUD party is going to LAST tonight...LAST night it was after midnight and I didn't get much sleep.

In my neighbourhood we have LOUD vehicles - it's ridiculous. Racing around all through the night. I'm so grateful we have central air now - last night was a lovely temperature, but it was SO noisy that I closed all the windows and turned on the air so we could sleep. Very annoying. First world problem, I know.

Tried closing the windows - didn't muffle the sound enough - and I don't have central air so had to open some windows again

Last Post ... end of the fencing ... someone should tell those building loud rackets? Could 've woke the dead ...

Horn blower ... as blue brae'zn ...

just went and loaded rocks by myself (!) for 40 mins...now I need to find someone to help me unload them

As previously discussed with chemgal and her wishes for a wine-drinking partner, I'd love to offer my unloading services, were I closer.
The thought does count ;) Next door neighbour was still home so unloaded...I think that it will only take another load (or 2?) and I'll be done! :)

Doesn't show up quite the same with the plants growing ;) Am going to have to widen the path as too narrow in spots but that won't be a big deal with the hardest part done now...It is absolutely mind-blowing that I did all this! LAST load I did totally and completely BY MYSELF! Rocks loaded, unloaded and placed
grady pic of garden 8.jpg

@BethAnne where did you get the rocks?
I've been meaning to get some larger ones than the stone alongside the house to help with holding down stuff in the garden.
You got a lot rather quickly!

Local auction business plans to have regular garage sales (though more like a thrift/second hand store) and is willing to buy items for folks - will talk to sis and then see if they will take the furniture and big stuff that is in my yard sale

@BethAnne where did you get the rocks?
I've been meaning to get some larger ones than the stone alongside the house to help with holding down stuff in the garden.
You got a lot rather quickly!
A farmer friend contacted their neighbour and got permission for me to get rocks from their rock pile as accessible from the road.

Back