Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

BethAnne

Reaction score
I would like to point out that my two LAST posts made me LAST for almost a FULL week (Darn RB ruined my streak) VERY humid here - paper deadline approaching fast.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
I think it is all a long week ... end! Is week gentile if it ends with Shabba rest?

Industrial economist will demand we work more ... for the purpose of extracting wealth in one direction ... no 2-way Charon!

Charon is just too moony or Monis lost ...

BethAnne

Reaction score
More rocks around the labyrinth path (still need so many more!)...raspberries picked...did some weeding...biked downtown for the paper (so biked twice today)

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
We went biking just for fun. Nice ride out to a creek not far from here that has public trail along its length. Got stung by (I think) a wasp on the way home. It collided with my finger as I was riding along a road. It hurt for a bit right after but no pain or inflammation now so maybe a "dry" (i.e. no venom injected) sting? Do wasps do that? I have heard of venomous snakes and spiders doing it, but never anything in the bee-ant-wasp family.

BethAnne

Reaction score
We went biking just for fun. Nice ride out to a creek not far from here that has public trail along its length. Got stung by (I think) a wasp on the way home. It collided with my finger as I was riding along a road. It hurt for a bit right after but no pain or inflammation now so maybe a "dry" (i.e. no venom injected) sting? Do wasps do that? I have heard of venomous snakes and spiders doing it, but never anything in the bee-ant-wasp family.
Not sure if wasps do or not

Lots of dragonflies around now - tiny to ones as big as a small bird

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Not sure if wasps do or not

Lots of dragonflies around now - tiny to ones as big as a small bird
Saw a really odd one buzzing around my bushes when I came back from a walk last night. Took off too quickly to get a picture.

BethAnne

Reaction score
LAST after another day under an extreme heat warning...at least today there is a nice breeze to help

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
LAST, as I pick away at the end of my delivered sushi dinner. From my fav restaurant, so pretty good. It is my birthday, and one doesn't cook on one's birthday, especially when one works 2-7, and it's still friggin' warm here.

For those "low plastic, enviro" folks, I will offer that I tried doing a load of laundry with those "washing strips" you can buy. Seemed just fine me to me. I used 2/3 of a regular strip. My sister, who have me a couple of strips to try, uses only 1/2 one, but she has softened water and the water in Barrie is extremely hard. Now, if also goes somewhere to alleviating this damn skin problem, I will be even happier. $20 for about 50 loads.

BethAnne

Reaction score
Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday @BetteTheRed...Happy Birthday to you!

Fingers crossed the strips help...the hard water could itself be part of your skin issue problem?

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
.the hard water could itself be part of your skin issue problem?
Not all that likely. I've lived with Barrie water the better part of my life, the extreme skin issues have only cropped up in the last decade or so.