Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sabear, 30, says he believed false info he saw on social media. “That&#39;s why I never got the vaccine. I was scared.” Then he landed in the ICU w/ COVID-19. “I want to tell people that having COVID is probably the scariest thing you&#39;ll go through. It&#39;s not a joke. Get the vaccine.” <a href="https://t.co/L78tH6x0Xb">pic.twitter.com/L78tH6x0Xb</a></p>&mdash; Alberta Health Services (@AHS_media) <a href=" ">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Tried the embed code, will try to clean that up when at s computer

So much wrong with this. I understand just being in COVID vaccine mode, although there should be a a doucle checking procedure in place to help prevent that.
90 minutes to be notified is inexcusable though, some form of this is the vaccine that was given should have been provided ASAP and since that should contain the lot number even if the pharmacist or whoever did the vaccine didn't pick up on it then, they parents possibility could have.
Completely inexcusable was not giving the vaccine proof, with lot number, etc. the same day. I hope a complaint gets made to the regulating body over that although American culture tends to focus more on lawsuits that professional standards.

In dashes to get things done ... are safety margins cut to a thin condition? Ethereal consequence ...

Luminescent clouds are denied except in AI ... glowing failures?

Welp, looks like I can enter the US beginning November 8. CDC has ruled that while they still do not recommend mixing, it does recommend that the US accept people from countries that do it as fully vaccinated.

Good, hopefully that increases. I looked into ABs vaccination policy for travellers. People who had 1 mRNA with anything else mixed can get a 3rd dose now to get a 2nd of the same mRNA. So even Moderna and Pfizer they can get a 3rd.
Anyone with 2 AZ can actually get 4 doses at this point, as long as spacing them out, so they can get 2 of the same mRNA.

A little ridiculous considering we're not giving everyone who is high risk a 3rd dose if they want it.

Last edited:
From what I understand, in SK a very small collection of groups are approved for third shots. LTC residents, those with certain cancers, those taking immune suppressing drugs and possibly a few others. At the moment it seems that people with heart disease or lung disease aren't included.

From what I understand, in SK a very small collection of groups are approved for third shots. LTC residents, those with certain cancers, those taking immune suppressing drugs and possibly a few others. At the moment it seems that people with heart disease or lung disease aren't included.
I think for the most part provinces are doing it for people where there's reasonable evidence to show they have reduced antibodies compared to other people, it's not about covid risk factors regarding severity of the illness. I suspect more groups will get included with time.

Highlighting some of the AB data, as they do change what is being presented plus obviously things change over time. This is all in the 'last 120 days' although I don't think it's updated from the weekend yet. and is all COVID specific (ie. not including people who were in ICU for reasons other than COVID for example)

Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated:
Deaths
  • Over 13 deaths / 100k for 40something year olds who are unvaccinated, slightly behind deaths for vaccinated 70something year olds at 18 deaths per 100k.
  • Within each age range the risk of dying goes up by a minimum of a factor of 10 - with the smallest effects being seen for those under 30 (it's a low death rate either way) and those above 80+ The death rate is still significant for the elderly with slightly over 1/1000 dying in the 80+ bracket when fully vaccinated, this jumps though to a bit over 13/1000 dying when unvaccinated.
  • Looking at the 10 year ages ranges 50s, 60s and 70s the death rate is decreased by at least a factor of 40 with vaccination. Someone in their 40s was 59.5x less likely to die if they were vaccinated.
  • There are no deaths during this period for anyone in their 30s who were vaccinated, for this age range 11 unvaccinated people died, and 1 partially vaccinated person died.
ICUs

• Leaving out the 80+ group, all other age groups show a difference by at least 40 fold when it comes to ICU rates..
  • For 30s the rate is huge, differing by a factor of 297. Ie. If a 30something was unvaccinated they were 297 times more likely to have been in the ICU. 1 vaccinated person in this age rage was in the ICU, 99 unvaccinated people were, yet the majority in this age range were fully vaccinated.
Hospitalizations
  • Similar to ICU data, people aged 12-70 are anywhere from 45-56x more likely to be hospitalized if not vaccinated.
  • For those in their 70s, the factor is 37.
  • For those 80+ the factor is 10 fold.
  • Unvaccinated people in their 30s are more likely to be hospitalized than vaccinated 80+ year olds.

Breakthrough infections are not rare!
While vaccination is helpful, I also get a bit concerned by those who are vaccinated and then act like they are not a risk to others.

• Breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated people is 0.7% which is over 19000 people (for 2021, not just the last 120 days).
  • Completely vaccinated people still make up a significant number of cases (using recent data, 27.29% of active cases, and 31.05% of new cases) Being vaccinated still has a significant impact on infection rate, as the minority of the population is unvaccinated and make up the majority of infections. It's still a large number of people who could potentially spread COVID when in a group where vaccination status is verified.

Last edited:
So we had a big anti-vax, anti-mask rally in London on the weekend and the chucklehead conspiracy idiot from Council spoke at it. The mayor is filing a complaint with the integrity commissioner, which is about all that council can do about it apparently. I hope to hell some sane candidate runs against him and takes the ward next year. The guy has also been trying to stonewall climate change measures.

So we had a big anti-vax, anti-mask rally in London on the weekend and the chucklehead conspiracy idiot from Council spoke at it. The mayor is filing a complaint with the integrity commissioner, which is about all that council can do about it apparently. I hope to hell some sane candidate runs against him and takes the ward next year. The guy has also been trying to stonewall climate change measures.

In an insane world is intelligence favored?

It seems an unlikely chance like that gambler on the train to nowhere... indeed ... we don't know! Such is the psychosomatic journey ... and we might learn something on awakening from what appears as a bad dream ...

Say something of alien intelligence in a crowd and see what occurs ... thus ignorance creeps forward as we'd prefer not to know!

So Nova Scotia has mandatory covid vaccinations for healthcare workers. I filled out an online form today and submitted it with the proof of vaccination. I believe the vaccination rate here is fairly high. Whoever hasn’t had his vaccination will be put on a two week paid leave as of mid November and has to attend education. I like that part of mandatory education. I am not sure if they have said what happens after those two weeks but we can all guess.
I hope I won’t get into trouble because I have a hyphenated first name. My health card has the full name on it but the proof of vaccination only printed the first half of my first name. My workplace only has me by my second half of my first name. So when I submitted it to my employer, it had the “ wrong” first name on it. Will see what happens.

So Nova Scotia has mandatory covid vaccinations for healthcare workers. I filled out an online form today and submitted it with the proof of vaccination. I believe the vaccination rate here is fairly high. Whoever hasn’t had his vaccination will be put on a two week paid leave as of mid November and has to attend education. I like that part of mandatory education. I am not sure if they have said what happens after those two weeks but we can all guess.
I hope I won’t get into trouble because I have a hyphenated first name. My health card has the full name on it but the proof of vaccination only printed the first half of my first name. My workplace only has me by my second half of my first name. So when I submitted it to my employer, it had the “ wrong” first name on it. Will see what happens.
Sounds like it would be simple enough to sort out, but can you possibly get it verified that your proof is accepted before the deadline?

So tonight I went to get gas at my local Pioneer gas station and low and behold when I went to pay, the plastic barriers are down and the clerk is not wearing a mask! When I asked why, she stated she's double vaxed. I reminded her she can still spread Covid...stated she doesn't care.
This is the second time I've encountered an employee not wearing a mask at this location. The first one, when I asked said she's not vaccinated, wont wear a mask and was the one who took the plastic barrier down.
I'm thinking of calling public health in the morning....should I?

Back