Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Nope, that's only Pfizer. Moderna can be stored at -20 and in a fridge for up to a month per their release early this week. That gives them an edge for vaccinating the general populace. Pfizer might be better suited to hospitals where labs may actually have the necessary freezers.
Yes we mentioned that above.......
I'm wondering how long immunity would last for either of them? Or do they even know?

I was broadly generalizing anyone that works in healthcare anywhere......well at least aiming for that..... :)
Might want to target frontline workers, rather than just "anyone that works in healthcare anywhere." I technically work in healthcare but I am behind the scenes, keeping the systems running so the frontline folks have the data they need to do their jobs. Never in contact with patients and rarely with the frontline people.

Yes we mentioned that above.......
I'm wondering how long immunity would last for either of them? Or do they even know?
They don't. That's part of the problem of the short development period and approval process. Ordinarily, you would have data over a longer period so you could see how long it lasts. Basically, we will be getting it not knowing if we will need a booster down the road.

Might want to target frontline workers, rather than just "anyone that works in healthcare anywhere." I technically work in healthcare but I am behind the scenes, keeping the systems running so the frontline folks have the data they need to do their jobs. Never in contact with patients and rarely with the frontline people.
Yes, agree.....

They don't. That's part of the problem of the short development period and approval process. Ordinarily, you would have data over a longer period so you could see how long it lasts. Basically, we will be getting it not knowing if we will need a booster down the road.
I wonder why using nanotechnology might require a booster if the cells have been "educated"? @ChemGal?

Will you be getting the vaccine when it becomes available?
Why or why not?
NO

The following is a list of the pharmaceutical companies that have, to-date publicly announced that they will stand behind their product and waive immunity from liability for injuries caused by their CovID vaccine:

NONE

NO

The following is a list of the pharmaceutical companies that have, to-date publicly announced that they will stand behind their product and waive immunity from liability for injuries caused by their CovID vaccine:

NONE
And that's another thing for sure!
Also there will be no known long term affects and any volunteers in the trials that did take place with volunteers, requires them to be monitored for 2 more years.
Both companies say most side effects so far have shown up within 2 months of the vaccine.
Moderna said most of the side effects were mild or moderate and 10% had severe side effects. (pain at the injection site, fatigue, headaches, and pain at the second injection site)
Pfizers trial results have not been analyzed by independent experts yet.. Not sure about Moderna's.
Normally vaccines go through a 10 year rigorous approval process but the Covid 19 vaccine will be delivered much sooner due to the pandemic.

The Food and Drug Administration says a vaccine must be at least 50% effective to be approved and WHO says 50% effective also but prefers 70% efficacy over the whole population with consistent results in the elderly.

I wonder why using nanotechnology might require a booster if the cells have been "educated"? @ChemGal?
When cells start producing antigens due to a virus our immune system attacks them, killing them off. That may happen too soon to produce enough antibodies to fight off the actual virus, plus there's the longevity aspect. The first dose might give enough immunity but it only last for a short timeframe.

More good vaccine news from a third group, the partnership of Oxford University and AstraZeneca. It is older data, from their phase 2, but focuses specifically on older people, who sometimes don't respond to vaccines as well.

More good vaccine news from a third group, the partnership of Oxford University and AstraZeneca. It is older data, from their phase 2, but focuses specifically on older people, who sometimes don't respond to vaccines as well.

It looks like they are injecting a form of the virus (dead or live) and using similar techniques to vaccines we have used before or is this similar to Modernas and Pfizers new technique using nanotecnology? Do you know? I cant tell.

I'm wondering where they find the volunteers for these trials? Are they paid? Are they poor?

I'm wondering where they find the volunteers for these trials? Are they paid? Are they poor?
Found this article that speaks to the above question. They are trying to recruit more blacks and latinos and natives because these groups are under represented within the vaccine trials. (Hopefully that's a true statement and it's not really because they are actually using more of these groups than whites....but that's me being skeptical)

I'd never heard of the Tuskegee study of 1932 (see below) before and this fact is making it hard to recruit black and latino Covid vaccine volunteers. They rightfully are asking for paid healthcare for volunteering and if the trials cause them to get sick and also want their communities to be among the first to receive the vaccine if they participate.

Me too.....sadly too many atrocities to keep up with.
I was more aware of African citizens being used as guinea pigs for trials and such.

Could these things be the tip of something vastly buried by all the corruption involved? Icey bergers ... do';t give Adam bout peasants ... giving rise to feud and suffix ...

I'm reading the articles about the vaccines as they show up. My pulmonologist told me to get a vaccination if one comes out. So we now have several racing for approval - Moderna, Pfizer, Oxford and the one being worked on at the U of Sask. I'll carry on reading and will probably phone my doc before accepting any of them.

Astra-Zeneca is the latest possible vaccine to come out.....it has low testing numbers, in the hundreds instead of the thousands and they're not sure it works well with the elderly....which would be a major drawback.

Back