Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Luce NDs

Ancient things need to be eliminated and burned ... propaganda spread by Rome in the burning and burying of old myths (to coverup primal screwup)!

The children need not know how the present came to be ... it is embarrassing to some to be thus connected! Separate sects may appear badly n the social order ... thus sacred convergence ...

You can't see it?

ChemGal

One with keen eye
I saw something about fairly strong normal reactions to the vaccine where there are concerns about people not choosing to get the 2nd dose. Fevers headaches fatigue aches. With my immune system that's a concern. Sounds like it would be a trigger. Hopefully there will be other options.

Waterfall

I saw something about fairly strong normal reactions to the vaccine where there are concerns about people not choosing to get the 2nd dose. Fevers headaches fatigue aches. With my immune system that's a concern. Sounds like it would be a trigger. Hopefully there will be other options.
Is that with all 3 vaccines that may be offered?

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Is that with all 3 vaccines that may be offered?
The 2 mRNA ones. For most people it means a day of feeling crappy. Considering how the flu vaccine would make both arms and neck hurt and often vomiting for 5 days along with the throat swellsI would say I probably wouldn't do too well with my immune system responding to a vaccine where most ferl so unwell for a day.

Lastpointe

I think t hat goes to show the issues with rushing this

in a normal study, if a manufacturer error was made that data and this patients would be tossed and it would start again. Just think of the error if it had made a dose ten times to string instead of half as strong

we all want to get through this but it needs to be done safely. This is a big red flag.
and oddly they took the Spyro types of groups who got differing doses with differing results and averaged them. That makes no sense

Waterfall

I think t hat goes to show the issues with rushing this

in a normal study, if a manufacturer error was made that data and this patients would be tossed and it would start again. Just think of the error if it had made a dose ten times to string instead of half as strong

we all want to get through this but it needs to be done safely. This is a big red flag.
and oddly they took the Spyro types of groups who got differing doses with differing results and averaged them. That makes no sense
We might be lucky we won't be first in line for the vaccine.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Ooh, yeah, I agree with how they are interpreting those results is sketchy. I do hope they learn more from the mistake though, but that will take further studying.

Waterfall

I do worry that the rush for vaccines is causing corners to be cut. Like testing
Also the efficacy rate for our regular flu shot was never that impressive for the elderly....we may be putting too much pressure on a Covid flu shot to save the elderly and to stop the pandemic.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Also the efficacy rate for our regular flu shot was never that impressive for the elderly....we may be putting too much pressure on a Covid flu shot to save the elderly and to stop the pandemic.
That's a big part of why I think those working in long term care homes should be one of the top priorities. I would do something like critical care workers in the hospitals - doctors and nurses in ERs, ICUs, cardiac units, etc. who cannot be 'swapped out' with their training (there are likely other professions in there as well). Next tier would a larger number of healthcare workers & other professions in health care facilities plus living facilities of the highest risk groups. I think putting the elderly as the next tier would only make sense depending on how they respond, to me that's not necessarily the next step. It may be better do their 1-2 visitors before actually doing the residents.

Waterfall

That's a big part of why I think those working in long term care homes should be one of the top priorities. I would do something like critical care workers in the hospitals - doctors and nurses in ERs, ICUs, cardiac units, etc. who cannot be 'swapped out' with their training (there are likely other professions in there as well). Next tier would a larger number of healthcare workers & other professions in health care facilities plus living facilities of the highest risk groups. I think putting the elderly as the next tier would only make sense depending on how they respond, to me that's not necessarily the next step. It may be better do their 1-2 visitors before actually doing the residents.
Also spend more money on home Covid tests for Everybody! Trudeau shouldnt be sitting on his hands waiting for the vaccine....spend lots of money on the home tests.....and then instruct people to put the results on a web site.

Waterfall

By the way @ChemGal , do you know if giving a Covid vaccine when you have Covid (asymptomatic or not) is wise? Is it better to be tested first before giving this vaccine?

ChemGal

One with keen eye
By the way @ChemGal , do you know if giving a Covid vaccine when you have Covid (asymptomatic or not) is wise? Is it better to be tested first before giving this vaccine?
Ideally, without testing how pre-symptomatic individuals do with the vaccine it would at least be ideal to test to at least know who had the virus to at least get that data. Other than suspected exposures though I don't think that will happen.
We do give vaccines as post-exposure treatment - rabies, tetanus come to mind, there are likely others. So it's possible it could still help.

Waterfall

Ideally, without testing how pre-symptomatic individuals do with the vaccine it would at least be ideal to test to at least know who had the virus to at least get that data. Other than suspected exposures though I don't think that will happen.
We do give vaccines as post-exposure treatment - rabies, tetanus come to mind, there are likely others. So it's possible it could still help.
Thankyou, i suppose that's another area that needs testing.
There may be many lining up for it that have it but no symptoms.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Thankyou, i suppose that's another area that needs testing.
There may be many lining up for it that have it but no symptoms.
The roll out is a concern too. When going to the mass flu clinics, before I had few options and the really bad reaction I used to say it always seemed like a good way to actually get sick with the flu. The flu vaccines this year were at least good practice and extra precautions were in place.

Lastpointe

It’s an interesting thought though. People who are asymptomatic. When you get the flu shot they want to ensure you are well