Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I've never felt the impact of a pandemic before this. Maybe it's different now that I'm immunocompromised.

This thread is beginning to sound like the conflict between indigent, indigenous endogenous and endogeneity ... just a beginning? The flaws are obvious and yet oblivious ...

My concern about refusing EI is based on ethic reasons. In a social state, government/ society looks after the well being of all people, not just the ones that conform with a certain opinion. People who break the law and go to jail will still be fed there and will receive programs and social assistance when they get out.
People who get fired for not getting vaccinated have had made contributions to EI from their wages and my feeling is they have a moral right to not fall out of social security even if they are wrong.
If other employees are getting EI when they get fired, they should too.
Social democracy has to be very careful to not turn into a more authoritarian system. And todays world seem to tend to that.

My concern about refusing EI is based on ethic reasons. In a social state, government/ society looks after the well being of all people, not just the ones that conform with a certain opinion. People who break the law and go to jail will still be fed there and will receive programs and social assistance when they get out.
People who get fired for not getting vaccinated have had made contributions to EI from their wages and my feeling is they have a moral right to not fall out of social security even if they are wrong.
Social democracy has to be very careful to not turn into a more authoritarian system. And todays world seem to tend to that.

There is an old adage that states authority is power and it corrupts and humans searching inhuman insanity ... drive hard to get there ... and then respond by saying mental projection is a bad point ... as these bother radical politicians and their like ... thus anarchy which is just another potent word for furthering chaos ... collectively God appears to like the Grand Turbulence! Mental dissonance as once an Eris? That's Eri ...

WHen you are dismissed "with cause" you are often, as I understand it, not eligible for EI. [This is why if you ever get fired you rally want the paperwork to read "without cause"] Failure or refusal to abide by ompany policy would surely count as grounds for dismissal "with cause" so it is not treating this issue differently than others.

That being said, I have long wondered if there is an argument about what qualifies one for EI and what disqualifies one.

Gord covered the fired aspect, if fired typically no EI, it's for those who are laid off. People who don't get hired after finishing their education don't get EI either, even if working as a TA or something like that. People who become too sick to work, no EI.

Gord covered the fired aspect. People who don't get hired after finishing their education don't get EI either, even if working as a TA or something like that. People who become too sick to work, no EI.

Seems awful lop sided ... especially on the scales of justice ... then if politics can take over the justice system! Guess what ...

Oh, never mind that is too complex for those searching simplicity ...

I would be curious how the unions respond to nurses and others within the hospitals being fired without pay?

The unions are between a rock and a hard place. They need to support vaccination requirements to protect other nurses and support those who do not want vaccinations.

The unions are between a rock and a hard place. They need to support vaccination requirements to protect other nurses and support those who do not want vaccinations.
Exactly...and possibly that this is a one time occurrance due to a pandemic and not necessarily a declaration for every vaccine that may occur in the future.

I'm confused....we were told we would need vaccine QR codes or proof of vaccinations to enter businesses? What businesses? Just restaurants?
So far I have only been asked once and that was 3 weeks ago....so who is supposed to ask to see them before we enter? I'm in Ontario.

In ON it's restaurants, gyms, banquet halls, activities in community centres (but not the library located in that centre). A few other places too.

Restaurants, movie theatres, play venues. I also assume gyms, fitness centres, etc., but have no experience with such lunacy (dog walking, chores and work are my preferred forms of exercise).

Hair salons and churches can elect to check for Vax status too. If they do so, I believe they can let up on measures such as distancing. Masks are still required in all public spaces unless you are eating/ drinking.

Hair salons and churches can elect to check for Vax status too.
I think any business can elect to check vaccine status on their property, it's just that it is mandatory for restaurants, bars, gyms, etc. Our corporate parent is checking vaccine status of visitors (i.e. not employees) and requiring a rapid test if they aren't fully vaccinated. We have not adopted that at my office, though.

Back