WE. What in earth is going on?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Lastpointe

Reaction score
More and more calls for Morneau to resign related to the scandal. i am not sure that gives a very good feeling in this time of out of this world spending. Yet........

this is quite the double whammy for the PMO. Dealing with this scandal. How will Telford and Trudeau testify. Will they release all the emails and communications back and forth between April3 when WE first lobbied, illegally, for a job. And then when it was announced and WE was ready with a new proposal that day. Someone told someone something. They didn’t just guess

and then the GG work harassment issue. Despite no money involved this is a very big issue

i see sponsors of WE are dropping like flies. Just like companies jump in the band wagon they drop off the same way.
another interesting column related to this voluntourism issue.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
How do we chose these types of representatives/

Could it be wolly visions of the sheepish after being taught so long that intellect is evil compared to vast will? Tis a gravid state ... rendered to a point ...

Some lessons this week were built up around mustard seed (black) and unseen pearls ... abstract hues?

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
More and more calls for Morneau to resign related to the scandal. i am not sure that gives a very good feeling in this time of out of this world spending. Yet........
God, no. He's one of the competent ones in this government. I'd say Trudeau resigns and Freeland takes over the top job and gives Morneau free reign to fix the finances. That's how the Chretien-Martin team got things under control; appoint a competent finance minister and then keep the PMO out of his way. My gut feeling is that a lot of the problem in Finance is Trudeau, not Morneau.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
God, no. He's one of the competent ones in this government. I'd say Trudeau resigns and Freeland takes over the top job and gives Morneau free reign to fix the finances. That's how the Chretien-Martin team got things under control; appoint a competent finance minister and then keep the PMO out of his way. My gut feeling is that a lot of the problem in Finance is Trudeau, not Morneau.
Suggests that monis corrupts those not trained to account! Didn't Matthew take up the first accounting of the second testimony? Yet it too is somewhat of a miasma ... after centuries of being messed with ...

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Quite uncanny how Rowling can deftly sketch a few character types really very well. A person in senior HR in an institution in which I once worked bore an uncanny resemblance to Delores Umbridge complete with an almost ubiquitous fondness for things pink. I have got every young employee at No Frills sniggering a bit when she goes through their till.

Ritafee

TWOFORTHESHOW
Reaction score
I'd say Trudeau resigns and Freeland takes over the top job
The Freeland that has a close partnership with Pompeo, Bolton, Abrams and Trump in their campaign of aggression against Venezuela?
Some say her aggression against Venezuela is not only a crime under international law, it is a moral outrage that is harming millions of Venezuelans and risks full scale war.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Don't know what happened here ... wrong quote was inserted ... thus I've deleted and reposted below!

Luce NDs

Reaction score
The Freeland that has a close partnership with Pompeo, Bolton, Abrams and Trump in their campaign of aggression against Venezuela?
Some say her aggression against Venezuela is not only a crime under international law, it is a moral outrage that is harming millions of Venezuelans and risks full scale war.
Political wisdom is that conflict is necessary ... so as to support further debate to suppress dialogue! Thus the ambassadors can be deleted ... or entire embassies filled with eM!

Lastpointe

Reaction score
Always a bad sign when the Wall Street Journal comments

big headline. Will the Scandal sink Trudeau

of course I suspect they are just tired of talking about trump

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
they are just tired of talking about trump
So say we all. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I find that Canadian news generally only gets picked up in the US when it's bad, especially politics. The Economist, which is British, is a bit better. They usually have at least one Canadian story in their Americas section. Of course, they are also better at international coverage than most North American media, too.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
PM and Telford are set to testify Thursday. Oddly today more facts have been released about the plan and the numbers are different. Which is odd. The layout to WE is the same houghh

also front page of the Globe is about the Chair of the board of WE who suddenly resigned in March. Not as WE stated, a regular change but a sudden resignation

WE itself is facing scrutiny, let alone the PMO. Another article asked if Margaret and Sasha Trudeau had received payments from WE prior to Justin becoming PM. That will be interesting and I expect a diligent reporter will find out

under Harper WE got $1 million in grants over 9 years but under Trudeau got $5 million over three years . if prior to the liberal government if Margaret was not getting paid then there is a much fishier smell going on About WE buying access and about Justin giving favors for WE while WE was paying family members

Waterfall

Reaction score
In the middle of the article, Rex Murphy says he's just curious, not concerned about it at all? Waaa?

Is the National Post a mainly Conservative paper? Sort of like Fox News leans mainly one way?
Is Murphy still a liberal or did he get bought out too?

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Rex is critical about everything and likes to stir it ... to see what's beneath the surface!

Lastpointe

Reaction score
Yes, the post is a conservative leaning paper. Murphy certainly can be a caustic columnist. Lately he has been very upset at parliament not sitting.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
The Globe also has a large time line article today.

as many other articles point out, the time line is odd. The payment up front is odd. The paying volunteers is odd. The new fact that while $900 million was announced the contract is for $500 million and change. laying teachers, which now several provincial teacher rules show that as a conflict of interest resulting in loss of license

many many things are odd

I certainly hope, but don’t expect it actually, that when the PM testifies on Thursday the questions are actual questions. Not just pontificating.
let’s get over asking Trudeau andMorneau to resig. That isn’t going to happen

so let’s try get to the bottom of a very strange story.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
So many matters of the privacy type ... so as send the populace to the chit Hur!