US Election result?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

So, who will it be? And how?

• Donald Trump (in a vain attempt at holding on to power)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Donald Trump (fair and square)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Joe Biden (clear win)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Joe Biden (after a lengthy battle with Trump in the courts)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mike Pence (after Trump storms out in a huff)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamala Harris (after Biden keels over in shock after actually winning a clean victory)

• I neither know nor care

• I like polls

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing the implanting of computer chips in human bodies is not so far away in time.

I just have to say, once again, that this is a sci-fi way of describing the current situation with smart phones. It's absolutely unnecessary to break skin in order to track humans. I'd wager that well in excess of 90% of humans over the age of 16 have their phones on or around their person all the time (and I'm not just talking about first world countries). Wanna freak out? Just check out your Googlemaps Timeline.

Wow is it even possible to talk about the election, or Biden or Trump without attacking each other?
I am guessing that you are referring to my comment ...

I'm saddened that you favor killing children under the guise of Biden as better than favoring killing of children under the guise of Trump.

Which was directed by myself not just @Kimmio Laughterlove but anyone that chooses to ignore the reality that Trump does not stand alone in this regard...

Some sort of antisocial personality disorder is almost a job requirement for any administrative position within the Department of Eternal War which is what the US along with it's 'allies' stands for in my estimation.

It is not about which figurehead gets to go onstage ... they have all been corrupted and none of them can operate alone.

The system itself is beyond redemption and supporting it as it is ... no matter which 'bobble head' gets to play the role of the 'commander in cheif' ... is a vote for your own compliance. I do not consent to forever wars and will not pledge my allegiance to any faction of any so called 'government' that does.

I do not condone 'necessary evil' ... and it boggles my mind that it is even suggested as the 'better' option.

I just have to say, once again, that this is a sci-fi way of describing the current situation with smart phones. It's absolutely unnecessary to break skin in order to track humans. I'd wager that well in excess of 90% of humans over the age of 16 have their phones on or around their person all the time (and I'm not just talking about first world countries). Wanna freak out? Just check out your Googlemaps Timeline.
But what is to be done about those who won't carry a wearable ... the unidentifiable ones. How can they be managed in the long term.

It's absolutely unnecessary to break skin in order to track humans.

ID2020 Summit & Mission

September 2019, an annual summit was hosted by the ID2020 alliance, composed of significant partners from around the world. Microsoft, GAVI (Global Alliance of Vaccines and Immunizations), The Rockefeller Foundation, and a growing number of partners from international governments, universities, and humanitarian relief programs. The entire summit was sponsored by the UN Office of Information Communications Technology, the UN Refugee Agency, the International Telecommunication Union and the Danish Mission to the UN.

The mission of the ID2020 alliance is “Accelerating technology to ensure that everyone in need has access to a unique digital identity as part of their basic human right.”

So far, the system is mostly a proof of concept. But the researchers have already tried it out on rats and found that the patterns were still detectable nine months after injection.

In human cadaver skin models, the patterns outlasted five years of simulated Sun exposure.

"It's possible someday that this 'invisible' approach could create new possibilities for data storage, biosensing, and vaccine applications that could improve how medical care is provided, particularly in the developing world," MIT professor and senior author Robert Langer said in the statement.

But what is to be done about those who won't carry a wearable ... the unidentifiable ones. How can they be managed in the long term.

I sorta suspect, like, ironically, vaccination, that you don't need everyone covered in order for this sort of organization of humans to "work".

? Just check out your Googlemaps Timeline.
Right, but you can turn that off, it just makes Google Maps less useful. All you do is either turn off location history in your Google account or the GPS chip in your phone.

Trump is about the worst public role model they could have. He's got no grace, no humility, whatsoever.

Kids will have learned from the commander in chief to lie as much as necessary, even as much as possible, publicly, to get one's way. They'll learn to always find a scapegoat they can throw under the bus for their own mistakes.
But he is really only different from past politicians in that he is blatant about it. He doesn't even pretend anymore. Which is why I think Trump is a kind of avatar of their system. He is everything wrong or messed up about society and politics in one unholy, godawful bundle. Which leads to the question of whether he is an anomaly or the logical endpoint of where the American system has been headed for a while.

And it is all over but the shouting. And grumbling. And petulant whining.

GSA has given in and begun funding the transition. Trump vows to fight on but is allowing the transition to proceed.

And it is all over but the shouting. And grumbling. And petulant whining.

GSA has given in and begun funding the transition. Trump vows to fight on but is allowing the transition to proceed.

I was just coming to post about this. You beat me to it. :)

So, can we call this a "clear win", with posturing?
"Murphy had drawn widespread ire over her delay in “ascertaining” that Biden won the election, which is required before millions of dollars in transition funds and access to government officials can begin. She said, however, that Trump’s bevy of court losses and the certification of votes in several battleground states had allowed her to determine that Biden was the likely winner of the election."
(from Huffpost)

Plotting a coup?
I think there's probably lots of armchair crying and coup-ing going on - and some big dudes in a few of those particular "men's groups" (being polite) are probably pretty irate - but I'm sure the Biden administration is already planning for the possibility of dealing with stuff like that.

I think there's probably lots of armchair crying and coup-ing going on - and some those particular "men's groups" (being polite) are pretty irate - but I'm sure the Biden administration is already planning for the possibility of dealing with stuff like that.
After the farce that was their attempted coup in Michigan, I am not too worried. I suspect even the sorry mess that is Homeland Security post-Trump can handle them.

Once he leaves the WH, Trump may not be allowed to move into Mar-a-Lago full time. Maybe he'll be a vagabond, roaming the earth like the monster escaped from the Frankenstein lab. I doubt he's going to want to live in NYC. The residents hate him there and the DA is on his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back