US Election result?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

So, who will it be? And how?

• Donald Trump (in a vain attempt at holding on to power)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Donald Trump (fair and square)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Joe Biden (clear win)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Joe Biden (after a lengthy battle with Trump in the courts)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mike Pence (after Trump storms out in a huff)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamala Harris (after Biden keels over in shock after actually winning a clean victory)

• I neither know nor care

• I like polls

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody's saddened.

I'm saddened by people who don't vote because they think both sides are exactly the same. I'm saddened that people still believe there's a centre line to walk that hasn't been shifted way over to the right. I'm saddened that people are falling down disinformation rabbit holes.
Thanks for you thoughtful language!

Better to be sad, over difference, than angry. Sadness offers opportunity for healing when acknowledged. So many suppress sadness. Carl Jung speaks of the majority who do not want to acknowledge the presence of death in every moment. These suppress the fear of death, which leads to neurosis.

Disinformation permeates modern media. My bias is for books, written by philosophers, theologians, and insightful persons of all times and places. These have educated me, equipped me with protection, from the all seeing eye at the heart of our latest technological advance in communication control.

Guessing the implanting of computer chips in human bodies is not so far away in time.

Thanks for you thoughtful language!

Better to be sad, over difference, than angry. Sadness offers opportunity for healing when acknowledged. So many suppress sadness. Carl Jung speaks of the majority who do not want to acknowledge the presence of death in every moment. These suppress the fear of death, which leads to neurosis.

Disinformation permeates modern media. My bias is for books, written by philosophers, theologians, and insightful persons of all times and places. These have educated me, equipped me with protection, from the all seeing eye at the heart of our latest technological advance in communication control.

Guessing the implanting of computer chips in human bodies is not so far away in time.
Or, everyone could just say "No it isn't."

What I'm going to "come out of" is any cultish predictions - don't care if it's Cohen or an ancient man named John (we're good at making idols out of anyone and anything, including someone else's private feelings poetically expressed, as well as culturally cultivated fears like microchip implants) - that move swarms and hold humanity to our own demise.

Last edited:
I heard this word used to describe the situation in the US governing organization ...

Incoherence: the quality of being illogical, inconsistent, or unclear.

Is this close to emotional loss of intelligence?

Is there a balance in these two extremes that would leave the middle man on a fulcrum as a means of divisiveness?

Then again ... there is the Claymore ... generating an edge!

Yet real people hate word ... even Trump say he doesn't read ...

Nothing is really written in stone forever though. Even stones get worn away. Then they're just ideas floating around that we turn into something or not. Even Cohen's brilliant lyrics are not immovable predictions. Several of them are laments, private laments that he made public, that were woven together with biblical references that captivated the audience (and made a lot of money and made him a powerful figure in his own right). A lot of people he loved and left probably thought he was an a**hole in regular person terms - I know he lost a lot of money at one point, was ripped off - but he lived a very comfortable lifestyle, mostly. Just saying - he's not a diety. He was a creative genius - he was fortunate to have the brain he had - but that doesn't mean the dark predictions anyone has have to come true. They can serve as warnings but shouldn't be made idols.

Last edited:
And he probably wasn't saying both sides are equally wrong.
Cohen’s most focused political action centered on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, which was no doubt a personal cause for him as a Jew. The musician spent time with the Israeli army playing performances for troops during the 1973 Arab-Israeli War. Then in 2009, he returned to the country to play a show billed as “A Concert for Reconciliation, Tolerance and Peace.” Cohen donated the proceeds from his concert to groups working to promote peace between Israelis and Palestinians.11

I'm saddened that you favor killing children under the guise of Biden as better than favoring killing of children under the guise of Trump.

300,000 Americans - a few them were children. Many of them were adults who were raising and caring for children - they died because Trump would rather be at a rally or on the golf course than doing his job, to lead his country through covid. He put lots of his time, though, into denying its existence and/ or its seriousness instead; disparaging the media who were reporting was was really going on with people on the ground dealing with and suffering from the grips of a pandemic - while also spending time employing his minions, and rallying his fans, to spread his words for him.

Wow is it even possible to talk about the election, or Biden or Trump without attacking each other?

The SUBNETS vision is distinct from current therapeutic approaches in that it seeks to create an implanted, closed-loop diagnostic and therapeutic system for treating, and possibly even curing, neuropsychiatric illness.
Oh yeah. I saw a documentary about bipolar disorder - and the scientists interviewed were in the early stages of devopment on treatments like that. It was cool - and one of the neuroscientist/ physicians - nice guy, who has a history of mental illness in his family - that affected his family profoundly and who wants to help inner city black kids who may have mental illness that gets missed, to develop their full potential - he said that meditative techniques done properly are just as powerful for re-wiring the brain but not everything works for everybody. It's called Ride the Tiger.

Last edited:
and who wants to help inner city black kids who may have mental illness that gets missed, to develop their full potential
Indeed, the selfless motivation of such individuals who devote their most precious commodity ... 'black kids bodies' ... to such studies, more than anything else highlights our very humanity.

Sidney Powell was kicked off of Trump's legal team. Even thought she was lauded by them last week.

And what do you imagine will change for the children all over the world if Trump is not the 'Commander In Chief'.
Trump is about the worst public role model they could have. He's got no grace, no humility, whatsoever.

Kids will have learned from the commander in chief to lie as much as necessary, even as much as possible, publicly, to get one's way. They'll learn to always find a scapegoat they can throw under the bus for their own mistakes.

Brute, forte, power is the assertive faction ... perhaps driving common sense (hommo sapiens) underground ... as a kind of buried talent ... should one dream otherwise .. like Crystal Gayle or Willie Nelson?

No false flat Erie ... just true encouragement where due ... yet one should expect cracks!

Tis when the bohemian loses it and laughs when the higher forte doesn't know what to do with the talent! Could come out as a rap sodie ... aus aught!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back