TRUMP - Some people think......... How do you feel?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Pontifex already showed us a video of that. Big deal. About 1000 ppl in or near Newport Beach are most likely voting for Trump. That doesn't mean the rest of the country or even California supports him.
The Beach Boys are playing for him at Newport. Original members Brian Wilson and Mike Love (I think) have taken every opportunity to denounce Trump and would never open for him. An iteration of the band, however, has just one of the original members -- obviously a Trump supporter.
Yay Brian Wilson.

Newport Beach has a population of 83,784 and it's only the 103rd largest city in California.

Anaheim is 15 miles away, and has over 350,000 population. Santa Ana is 9 miles away and has over 330,000 population. So that crowd could include people from those cities/ towns, and other bigger ones a little further away. Peanuts.

The Beach Boys are playing for him at Newport. Original members Brian Wilson and Mike Love (I think) have taken every opportunity to denounce Trump and would never open for him. An iteration of the band, however, has just one of the original members -- obviously a Trump supporter.
Yay Brian Wilson.
But they'll bill the event as the Beach Boys, of course.

I read John Fogerty of CCR asked the Trump campaignto stop playing Fortunate Son at his rallies because Trump is the Fortunate Son who the song was denouncing. Of course, they won't stop, and unfortunately they can legally play it apparently. Just about every major artist they have played popular songs from has spoken up against it. If they did have to cease and desist with every one, they'd have no choices. Maybe a wind-up music box pumped out over the speakers.

I like this statistician. His polls are really accurate. He has some good advice for the next two weeks....

He was pretty popular last time, but was off. I imagine he's being more careful now.

But they'll bill the event as the Beach Boys, of course.
Legally, probably. Band names are trademarks so whoever owns the trademark gets to use it. Yes had some epic battles over the use of the name (which I think have finally petered out now that Chris Squire, who was the holder of the trademark for many years, is gone).

Sad that this will get played as the Beach Boys supporting Trump when two key members from the band's classic period don't, but legally it is not in the same league as Trump misusing songs by musicians who oppose him. That can be fought assuming the musicians actually own the rights to the recordings (which is not always the case).

Actually saw the Mike Love Beach boys in Naples this past winter. Good band. His son plays with them. As my son said, Love is moving a bit slow these days. But it was fun. We danced in the aisles

interesting they did a lot of pics and video backdrops during the songs nd it was totally fun to see the pics

Mike Love owns The Beach Boys name so he can play wherever he wants under that name

Actually saw the Mike Love Beach boys in Naples this past winter. Good band. His son plays with them. As my son said, Love is moving a bit slow these days. But it was fun. We danced in the aisles

interesting they did a lot of pics and video backdrops during the songs nd it was totally fun to see the pics

Mike Love owns The Beach Boys name so he can play wherever he wants under that name
Ok. It must be Al Jardine that stands with Brian Wilson.

I wonder if the left plans to pout for another 4 years and maintain that they are better than the other half of the country, while burning down perfectly good infrastructure.

I wonder how the right feel about the death toll rising in the U.S. due to Trump's completely inadequacy for the job in which he finds himself.

Seasoned non-voters take a different and longer-term view of history. They know that the similarities between the present government and both its predecessors and successors far outweigh the differences.

Seasoned non-voters take a different and longer-term view of history. They know that the similarities between the present government and both its predecessors and successors far outweigh the differences.
And chaos realms ... if not pure anarchy that we can't see due to Peter Prin. It stirs ...

Does nepotism require training for naivete ... or just the experience of a Pappy's Jeans causing blues in the populace?

Yo*cum out now ... with words of opportunity!

So we can unravel gamma rifts ... stuff from the old lady of time gone by ... pas*in Eire ... Hibernia! Feel the chill ...

Americans must be longing for those former presidents who were going to destroy the country more slowly and with some class, at least. Reagan, Dubya....

Back