TRUMP - Some people think......... How do you feel?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

"Sixty cents of every $1 of U.S. budget goes to the military-industrial complex, Trump’s $750 billion military budget. Who voted for that? Democrats as well as Republicans. That’s part of the imperial extension, that makes it difficult for us to speak to issues of healthcare, jobs with a living wage. It suffocates the domestic agenda. And Martin Luther King Jr., our dear Sister Dolores and Cesar Chavez and others, those grand exemplars of the social movements of the past, they understood that. And I think that’s part of the challenge that we have to bring." - West
  • Well, as you know, I was blessed to do over a hundred events for my dear brother [Bernie Sanders]. And this is the first time I’ve had a chance to publicly endorse him again, but yes, indeed. I’ll be in his corner that we’re going to win this time. And it has to do with the Martin Luther King like criteria of assessing a candidate namely the issues of militarism, poverty, materialism, and racism, xenophobia in all of its forms that includes any kind of racism as you know against black people, brown people, yellow people, anybody, Arabs, Muslims, Jews, Palestinians, Kashmirians, Tibetans and so forth. So that there’s no doubt that the my dear brother Bernie stands shoulders above any of the other candidates running in the Democratic primary when it comes to that Martin Luther King-like standards or criteria.
  • [Bernie Sanders is]...an anti-racist in his heart. Two, he’s old-school. He’s like me. He doesn’t know the buzzwords. He doesn’t endorse reparations, one moment in the last 30 years, silent on it. He has the consistency over the years decade after decade and therefore it’s true in his language, in his rhetoric. There are times in which he doesn’t... use the same kind of buzzwords. But when it comes to his fight against racism, going to jail in Chicago as a younger brother and he would go to jail again. He and I would go to jail together again in terms of fighting against police brutality. So in that sense, I would just tell my brothers and sisters, but especially my chocolate ones that they shouldn’t be blinded by certain kinds of words they’re looking for, that in the end, he is a long distance runner in the struggle against white supremacy.

Of course it isn’t. It’s structural, institutional, not always overtly ideological on a conscious level. But racism in the form of white supremacy is overtly ideological (bad ideology at that) and is the most dangerous and pervasive overt racism in the “west” today...because it aims to totally legitimize and strengthen - to canonize - structural and institutional racism.

Last edited:
If rich black people are modelling “success” by what they see rich white people doing, if those are who set the “standard”...and if ultra rich black people then turn around and copy white colonial behaviour...it still started with white supremacy at the root of the problem. You have to remember the context is that they were brought to America as slaves to build America for white colonials and have endured centuries of oppression, and trauma, and though slavery was abolished, injustice continues. There would be some “if I can’t beat ‘em I may as well join ‘em” happening among a few wealthy individuals...I think it’s relatively common for members of historically oppressed groups to have a few who come to side with their oppressors, strangely...but they are not the root cause of racism. Racism (as can sexism and ableism and homophobia) can become internalized by people against themselves also...where people start to think themselves less worthy of equality based on being part of a minority community because of the conditions imposed on them by a racist, etc. society, and they give up. White supremacy is at the root of that, also.

Freedom is still a work in progress and it cannot happen without equality.

Last edited:
I got 1/2 way through. Trump is a racist..he is being and has been vocally racist. He’s losing support...he’s losing support among white women, and minorities rapidly, and among Jews for his anti-Semitic remarks about Jewish Democrats. Also, the younger generation of voters this time may outnumber both dyed in the wool republicans and establishment dems. Liz Cronin was not telling the whole truth, and she is an “entertainment journalist”, who cares what she says. Maybe she was busy chasing other stupid stories. The reason specific dirt didn’t come up yet, is because it hadn’t come up yet. There is a corrupt underbelly in New York and it has thrived in extremely wealthy high-society, it appears. (It always does among those who can simply buy their way out of their legal problems), not a lot of it had come up. And fewer people would’ve cared anyway before he ran for president...so they really wouldn’t care if he paid off “Stormy” or made some shady deals in his business life before he ran for president (he’d just be another corrupt wealthy American oligarch, ho-hum, one news cycle tops). That would be his own problem mostly. Nobody would lose sleep over his stupid behaviour if he was just some wealthy NY tycoon. Running for office, and being in office, brings him to another level of responsibility and scrutiny, and it should. He doesn’t understand that because he’s so damn narcissistic, and that is highly problematic...his “presidential harassment” complex is ridiculous.

He was not a devoted family man. He’s had 3 wives and cheated on at least his first and his 3rd (I don’t know if he cheated on Marla but he definitely cheated on Ivana with Marla, and on Melania with Stormy Daniels). Chuck Shumer doesn’t represent the whole Democratic Party...they are moving in a post neoliberal direction. Trump could still win, that’s a real possibility, but I can’t see any good reason why he “should” win. He’s not a faithful Christian, he’s not a “very religious” man as he said, he’s not the best thing that’s happened to America or Israel or anywhere, he’s not the messiah, he’s not “the chosen one”, he’s not the king of the Jews or the king of anyone...and the good that’s happened has happened from opposition to him.

Last edited:
Not that being Christian or religious should be a criteria...it’s that he lied. He needed to be in with the right wing evangelical elite crowd. It had nothing to do with faith, for him.

Sop ... just imagine the abstracts ...

1. 1.
    a thing given or done as a concession of no great value to appease someone whose main concerns or demands are not being met.
    "my agent telephones as a sop but never finds me work"
  2. 2.
    a piece of bread dipped in gravy, soup, or sauce.
verb
verb: sop; 3rd person present: sops; past tense: sopped; past participle: sopped; gerund or present participle: sopping

1. soak up liquid using an absorbent substance.
    "he used some bread to sop up the sauce"

2. wet thoroughly; soak

What does it take to be cognizant of the stew we're in when a host is somatic to the roiling situation ... constructs a concept of the unconscious mind? ... whereas some people do not believe in the mind-psyche-sol complex ... only simple laws!
.In some traditions this is "nan" a well bred constitution ... sometimes used for dipping and intimate trysts! Could test the patience of those in a rush! Isn't that ducky ... to suit the Don'd leader of those with refusal to read into it?

It other traditions it can lead to whetting and becoming sharper to things presently dulled and fogged in the emotional mind!

Lordy bring down that other dark thing with the silver lining ... reflective? And the charged said to the judge: "Your Honour ... I didn't see it!"

Thus details are lost in the larger story ... still enigmatic! Too much to gather ... for slacker psyche ...

In the sense of flawed humanity ... are they something else to the divined soul observing the comings and goings ... and the integral doings ...

Is resurrection like reconstitution as a recycling sense in the dark of seminal unguents ... raising of tote*Ms? Carries well, often veiled!

Last edited:
Imagine the clear stine as crystal grail ... and compassion that the powers just can't handle! The brutus fringe ... valcarries?

Remember the service responsibilities! Things to be done in return ...

Well, as you know, I was blessed to do over a hundred events for my dear brother [Bernie Sanders]. And this is the first time I’ve had a chance to publicly endorse him again, but yes, indeed. I’ll be in his corner that we’re going to win this time...

But last time ...

AMY GOODMAN: You are endorsing Dr. Jill Stein. You were a surrogate for Bernie Sanders. You spoke all over the country for him.

CORNEL WEST: Yes, yes, yes.

AMY GOODMAN: What made you decide to support the Green Party presidential candidate as opposed to Hillary Clinton?

CORNEL WEST: Well, I’ve never been tied to one party or one candidate or even one institution. And that’s true even with one church as a Christian. I’m committed to truth and justice. And Brother Bernie, no doubt, was the standard-bearer for truth and justice during the primary at a national level, at a highly visible level. Once he endorsed Hillary Clinton, who, for me, is a neoliberal disaster, it was clear—

And once my dear brother moved into his endorsement, his strong endorsement of the neoliberal disaster that Sister Hillary represents, there was no way that I could stay with Bernie Sanders any longer, had to break with the two-party system. The duopoly has to come to an end. I was hoping we could bring the neoliberal era to a close, because a year ago, populist, Bernie Sanders; neofascist with Trump, or neoliberalism limps on with Hillary Clinton. Right now the Democratic Party still run by big corporations, big lobbyists and so forth, from AIPAC to a host of other lobbyists of big money, and it looks like they want to hold on for dear life. And it’s a sad thing to see, because the country is having a nervous breakdown. And you just hope that there can be enough people with compassion and courage to hold onto justice, keep the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. and Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel and Edward Said and Dorothy Day alive.

AMY GOODMAN: Finally, when you look at what Donald Trump is calling for—the wall on the border with Mexico, banning Muslims from coming in—barring Muslims from coming into the country, hesitating to disavow the support of the white supremacist David Duke and other issues—for those who say it’s only Hillary Clinton who could defeat that, what is your response?

CORNEL WEST: My response is, and when you actually look at the mass incarceration policies, when you actually look at the reinforcement of the new Jim Crow and the segregation of our educational systems and so forth, that occurred under Democrats. It would persist under Hillary Clinton. What Donald Trump talks about in the abstract has actually been concretely enacted under neoliberal regimes of the Democratic Party.

Same would be true in terms of foreign policy. Foreign policy, for me, is very, very important in terms of the no-fly zones in Syria that can lead toward war, the kind of encirclement of Russia. I mean, can you imagine Russian troops in Mexico and Canada? What would the U.S. response be? Oh, my god. Well, that’s very much what NATO troops are vis-à-vis Russia. Now, we know Russia is run by autocratic Putin, but that kind of provocation for Russia, who has nuclear arms, is the kind of thing that Hillary Clinton, of course, supported. And her connection to the Robert Kagans and Henry Kissingers, of course, are just frightening in regard to militaristic orientations.

And so, this idea that somehow we’ve got to opt for a neoliberal disaster as the only option vis-à-vis the neofascist catastrophe, as a blues man, I appreciate you playing that blues, said I can deal with catastrophe, not by panicking and being driven by fear, but I can look the catastrophe in the face and still tell the truth and still go down swinging with a smile and, most importantly, love, Coltrane’s love—and for me, Jesus’s love—at the center of how we proceed.

There would be some “if I can’t beat ‘em I may as well join ‘em” happening among a few wealthy individuals...I think it’s relatively common for members of historically oppressed groups to have a few who come to side with their oppressors, strangely...but they are not the root cause of racism.
It was not a vague white society that created ghettos but government—federal, state, and local—that employed explicitly racial laws, policies, and regulations to ensure that black Americans would live impoverished, and separately from whites. Baltimore’s ghetto was not created by private discrimination, income differences, personal preferences, or demographic trends, but by purposeful action of government.

The reign of Obama did not produce the nightmare of Donald Trump – but it did contribute to it.

And those Obama cheerleaders who refused to make him accountable bear some responsibility.

A few of us begged and pleaded with Obama to break with the Wall Street priorities and bail out Main Street. But he followed the advice of his “smart” neoliberal advisers to bail out Wall Street. In March 2009, Obama met with Wall Street leaders. He proclaimed: I stand between you and the pitchforks. I am on your side and I will protect you, he promised them. And not one Wall Street criminal executive went to jail.

After calling Washington, D.C. home for 8 years, 'President' Obama and his wife, Michelle, put down permanent roots in the city.

They officially purchased the mansion they had been renting, for $8.1 million.

The Obamas’ new-ish neighborhood is Kalorama, an exclusive and wealthy enclave that is home to a host of politicians and diplomats.

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, as well as Rex Tillerson live there.

The price tag makes the Obama's home the second most expensive in the neighborhood.

Jeff Bezos’ $23 million mansion (the former Textile Museum) is No. 1.

See Photos of the Obamas' New House the neighborhood.

Last edited:
It was not a vague white society that created ghettos but government—federal, state, and local—that employed explicitly racial laws, policies, and regulations to ensure that black Americans would live impoverished, and separately from whites. Baltimore’s ghetto was not created by private discrimination, income differences, personal preferences, or demographic trends, but by purposeful action of government.

The reign of Obama did not produce the nightmare of Donald Trump – but it did contribute to it.

And those Obama cheerleaders who refused to make him accountable bear some responsibility.

A few of us begged and pleaded with Obama to break with the Wall Street priorities and bail out Main Street. But he followed the advice of his “smart” neoliberal advisers to bail out Wall Street. In March 2009, Obama met with Wall Street leaders. He proclaimed: I stand between you and the pitchforks. I am on your side and I will protect you, he promised them. And not one Wall Street criminal executive went to jail.

After calling Washington, D.C. home for 8 years, 'President' Obama and his wife, Michelle, put down permanent roots in the city.

They officially purchased the mansion they had been renting, for $8.1 million.

The Obamas’ new-ish neighborhood is Kalorama, an exclusive and wealthy enclave that is home to a host of politicians and diplomats.

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, as well as Rex Tillerson live there.

The price tag makes the Obamas’ new home the second-most expensive in the neighborhood.

Jeff Bezos’ $23 million mansion (the former Textile Museum) is No. 1.
They wanted to stay in the neighbourhood. Maybe as soon as their youngest is finished high school, they’ll move. Who knows. I don’t care about their big house. But I don’t think Obama did a good job. He’s an example of “if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em”. And much of that comes from the way he was stonewalled due to the birtherism thing and pure racism perpetuated by Trump...white supremacy bulls**t. Obama didn’t do a great job but he should never, ever, have had to put up with that s**t in the first place. If he called it out as white supremacy while president it might’ve started something really ugly, so he had the self control not to. And, I think West should’ve voted for Hillary if only to avoid Trump. But he didn’t. Past is past. I like the guy.

On the other hand what is coming out of the resistance to Trump is positive. People are rising up and facing all sorts of problems in society, and the new faces in congress are promising.

Side note - watch The Great Hack on Netflix and find out how Cambridge Analytica helped shape your opinion of Hillary through Facebook.

Last edited:
Chaos and catastrophe reins! Then it is so embedded we can't think any different ... and without different thoughts can we learn anything?

Strange things and different thoughts deserve considerable hatred and no hospitality!

Such is the way reality goes ...

The “both sides” argument is fallacious.
“liberty, which means resisting all forms of cultural authoritarianism, be it from the right wing church, black ideologues, black nationalists, or mainstream white media. We have to accent liberty and freedom of expression and thought in all their forms.”
― Cornel West

Back