The Flint Water Crisis

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Happy headbanging ape!!
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Scishow tackled the Flint water crisis a few days ago. Not the politics, though they touch on it, but the science of what actually happened in the pipes. And it is scary stuff.


Of course, we had our own rather different water crisis in Walkerton, Ontario so it's not just an American problem. I knew a woman whose family was affected by that one.
 
Hmmmm, I hope our pipes are being checked throughout Canada. I wonder if this could be a contributing factor as to why Alzheimers has increased? Purely speculative on my part.

Very scary though, did they not have anyone on board to check the interactions between different chemicals before adding them? Geesh......
 
Hmmmm, I hope our pipes are being checked throughout Canada. I wonder if this could be a contributing factor as to why Alzheimers has increased? Purely speculative on my part.

We had lead problems here in London within the last decade. Not on the Flint scale and the city moved fairly quickly on it, but it did force replacement of some lines and they had to turn off the water fountains in one of my son's schools while he was there. So, yeah, our infrastructure needs to be checked and, where necessary, replaced.
 
My corrosion knowledge is more related to pipelines but I was unaware of the causes of what was going on in Flint. Processes would differ, but I would be concerned about pitting corrosion thanks to the mess they already made. That is not water I would want to use for any type of consumption. It's easy enough to avoid straight from the tap drinking water but much more of a PITA (plus costly) when it comes to cooking.
 
Scishow tackled the Flint water crisis a few days ago. Not the politics, though they touch on it, but the science of what actually happened in the pipes. And it is scary stuff.


Of course, we had our own rather different water crisis in Walkerton, Ontario so it's not just an American problem. I knew a woman whose family was affected by that one.
Did they end up fixing the Walkerton crisis?

Fatty Slim,
Inannawhimsey
 
Did they end up fixing the Walkerton crisis?

Fatty Slim,
Inannawhimsey

Absolutely. I'd be betting that Walkerton has some of the safest water in the world in perpetuity. Also, it resulted in Ontario becoming a Canadian leader in water quality management.
 
Btw @Mendalla

Hope yer alright. Truly. Didn't mean 2 contribute to consternation or anxiety on yer part

Sorry, friend ape.

Loxley Marian,
Inannawhimsey
 
@Luce NDs, this appears to be up your alley...

I won't say dram about it ... as authoritarian despots claim I know nothing so ... I must follow the tyrannical order of REX ... a Latin silence when accused as a stinking old dinosaur ... some wrot to remember as folks bott into wit! That odd thing called irrationality ... the elect?

It may have something to do with ease (E-157's relations) when some operators need to be set on alert to intelligence about the complexity of a simple thing like water falls and angels in the mist ... higher 'd waters encoded!

Recall information of intelligence in the dark impressed words that we don;t know ...in a large dark sea ... UV in hu'?

I'am directed by authorities that they know nothing about what I say so I should be eliminated ... that's what I recall! Thus naivete rains ... unrestricted as reined out ...

Consider a demi urge ... opposing a mini pathe as a muse ... caught up in a larger kitty!

BS wins and as a gift I remain silent at the wish of the greater portion who didn't wish to know some observed science as I've perceived it ... drippy intelligence? Sometimes one has to get right into the unknown pool and look out ... from that improbably spot of abstract ...

The scene of numbed Hu's bleak and depressing ... on the other side it may be resurrected as missal ... angels of thought? The stuff we don;t wish to know is criminal ... but the Prosecutor may give relief ... if you give evidence about corruption ... a powerful item in this world as etymology ... good for a bath as chi Ba ... creature of the shadows cast by the ruff Ur! Alien essence of a body out of its mind and seeking ...
 
Last edited:
It's tuff to tell your experiences here when those of religious trends still don't believe the warpage of earth into a sphere of cycle Ops, and what was once known returns in legion of legend ... about understanding lost due to irrationality ... semantics blown away?

Flat out impressions of what lies are yet ahead of us ... in the holes we've dug! Tis pity ... that which is eliminated in la Trina-a-dada Cree-ole? That's another tongue ... yet some insist on proper spin ... some English? Saxon Kings don't lie in the Diel* do heh?

Do you understand the celtic word Deil as so much blarney in the face of god's representation by M'N in de UV or purple?

Dead wrong about what they know about ultimate distances ... the last nein yards are hard to take as muse'n haunts ...

Then there is that enigma of X= XI+I ... until reciprocated to I+IX=X a classic anagram! With the old 1, 2 there's IO'z ... Jude'n singularity when civilly collective ... secular gathering for piece of the acts? Shakespearean play on word ... real time can be portrayed as nonsensical giving what am'n does to the brother hoo' d sooner be cistern ... storage place for memes! Thus the understood orders ... gone down in hysteria --- Jung Eire Froid! Nordic winds ...
 
Last edited:
Did they end up fixing the Walkerton crisis?

Fatty Slim,
Inannawhimsey

They did, but part of the fix was firing the guys who f'd up the system. Human error and failure to follow protocol was a big part of what happened. Two men who ran the system were found guilty of criminal negligence.

(Tried to link to CBC's timeline of the events but phone is being stupid)
 
They did, but part of the fix was firing the guys who f'd up the system. Human error and failure to follow protocol was a big part of what happened. Two men who ran the system were found guilty of criminal negligence.

(Tried to link to CBC's timeline of the events but phone is being stupid)

Err 've protocol? They couldn't process beyond the box ... defining where we're at ... rigid ... we don't know half the myth yet eh! Reading into alchemi is a strange field encompassing nomenclature as related aswell ...
 
Yet 'a water is considered simple by many folk that resist complexity with explete nature ... that is something to be exploited without due concern (ANis)! We all have a phe (Ж) Zoe it ... to experience the floe in nature ... as it comes out of the mountains of Persia as a myth ... with vapours rising above as a white wisp ...

Real people don't wish to know this ch*t ... rather be unrelated or dis-alchemie 'd! The dark pool lies there greatly understood as Shadow persona ... haunting ...
 
Back
Top