Subject: COVID-19 Pandemic and Universal Basic Income Program

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Canada would be broke and unemployed within a generation. There would be a mass move of head offices, and jobs, to countries with more lenient corporate tax policies, in some cases with those governments' encouragement. And what corporations are we going after? Big multinationals, who I suspect are the ones you are targeting, have more ability to move money around to avoid taxation leaving smaller national companies bearing the burden. So my son's employer, a fairly small Canadian tech company, would get the s**t kicked out of them while the big American and international companies they do work for would laugh it off because they don't pay taxes in Canada for the most part. So, as I have said many times, lets not lump all corporations together as "evil money-grubbing fiends". My employer and Little M's do all their business in Canada, employ solely Canadians, and the profits stay, and are mostly reinvested in, Canada. Corporate taxes should be fair, just as individual taxes should be. And dumping the nations entire tax system on to corporations is not fair, especially to those corporations that are good citizens and provided much needed jobs and investments for Canadians.
Isn’t that mostly already so?

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
I do not know where this expression comes from, but I hold this value. "From each according to their ability; to each according to their need."
This principle doesn’t call for a “ universal” solution but for an individual one.
The problem is not just distributing money so everybody suddenly knows what to do with it.
For the unemployed there are issues of education, work ethic, sticking to a routine.
For students, clearly, there needs to be weight that the have to have enough money to survive on. However, there also needs to be a limit, or people just keep studying forever. ( believe me, that’s happening in Germany quite a bit). Social assistance should be sufficient to live on- but people also need to have assistance to explore howthey can contribute to society. Because- contributing gives meaning and also deflects the attention away from the ego.
People who are used to living off charity are not living healthy.

Luce NDs

This principle doesn’t call for a “ universal” solution but for an individual one.
The problem is not just distributing money so everybody suddenly knows what to do with it.
For the unemployed there are issues of education, work ethic, sticking to a routine.
For students, clearly, there needs to be weight that the have to have enough money to survive on. However, there also needs to be a limit, or people just keep studying forever. ( believe me, that’s happening in Germany quite a bit). Social assistance should be sufficient to live on- but people also need to have assistance to explore howthey can contribute to society. Because- contributing gives meaning and also deflects the attention away from the ego.
People who are used to living off charity are not living healthy.

Its a given ... by some person's buddy called grace! This is not common when living close to avarice.

Cannibalism is generally not a shared conspiracy ... sometimes like marriage that may be marred! Like much ... there's more to it ... as scattered from those that hate to know and thus broad-spread intelligence is much denied! Differing buts to the if, and, plus or ... statements ... human communication is tough!

Through the flaw a glimpse ... gamma's r's? Thus Sars enters the code ... sard on ihc? Heh came ... heh saw ... heh went on ...

If one looks at the wealth of a few top folks in the financial slice and figure what they save in taxis with certain cuts ... you could support a bunch of poverty stricken misfits because of what we are not cognizant of ... by mis direction towards the field of fear and anger ... where cognizance is lost ... floundering?

Then it gets poetic and poorly misunderstood as was the plan ... a type of conspiring in the dark! Since po' folk are not supposed to know ... say so in the great biblios ... and we believe it?

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Do we have a virtue of believe in not knowing that causes fore getting and disposal ... on a Dais to Dais basis? Desi 's the way it blossoms ... and then gone! De parted ... for diversity ... some dissociation required ... thus dissemination ... if you can grasp what went!

Some psychotherapy may ensue as the search make many insane ... they jus don got it! That's commonwealth ... a Gem unseen! Gem & I ... perhaps e&c ... or etc. There's more ... that we don't know ... free choice!

jimkenney12

The from and to is not limited to money. Mrs. Anteater identified a variety of issues beyond money. A next generation relative used to have a good work ethic. He was lured hooked not a relationship with a past school classmate who did not have a work ethic. When he was injured in a vehicle accident they ended up on welfare while he was recuperating. He did get back to working, but it became easier over the years to live on welfare when he was sick and he did not change his diet or other habits that would have improved his health.

Welfare type financial support can become a trap because of how it penalizes people who try to get off by working or getting an education. It also affects self esteem and values.

I envision a basic income that would provide shared accommodation in moderate cost neighbourhoods, public transit, basic home cooked food, and some funds for clothing and other basic needs.

Luce NDs

The from and to is not limited to money. Mrs. Anteater identified a variety of issues beyond money. A next generation relative used to have a good work ethic. He was lured hooked not a relationship with a past school classmate who did not have a work ethic. When he was injured in a vehicle accident they ended up on welfare while he was recuperating. He did get back to working, but it became easier over the years to live on welfare when he was sick and he did not change his diet or other habits that would have improved his health.

Welfare type financial support can become a trap because of how it penalizes people who try to get off by working or getting an education. It also affects self esteem and values.

I envision a basic income that would provide shared accommodation in moderate cost neighbourhoods, public transit, basic home cooked food, and some funds for clothing and other basic needs.

That's sometimes is grasped ... by those freed of extreme bias of brute diversity! Solutions ...