So, what are you listening to these days?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Seeler

Seldom lisen to radio except in the car. Then it is tuned to CBC.

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
For the Science Fiction affinitied here
A dramatic presentation by Kim Stanley Robinson and Marina Abramovic and the Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination "The Hard Problem: An Audio Voyage"
(Space is Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig)
Center for Human Imagination

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Still heartwarming
The ol comerade may he continue to RIP and his works continue to entertain

Reactions: Jae

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla-in-law
Hugs of Thinder, the latest from Broken Social Scene. Great album but what else is new from that bunch?

revjohn

My eldest daughter sent me a two disk CD of selected tracks from every Peter Jackson movie with a Hobbit in it.

There is something about cruising down these windy roads to the accompaniment of the riders of Rohan that is delightful.

And while I do not get to hear Annie Lennox sing it I still appreciate the sound of Into the West. Makes for great sunset accompaniement.

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Rabbits
A podcast documentary drama
Carly's investigations into the disappearance of her friend results in more and more mysteries, coming across an ancient game with hidden rules and players...

TANIS
Podcast documentary drama
One man's investigation into an obscure story by Jack Parsons results in a deepening mystery of a mythical...place? Idea? Hoax? Called Tanis.

Lake Clarity
Podcast radio play
Follow a bunch of HS friends as they have their last hurrah before they all go their seperate ways as they grow up. Delightful horror. All done with sound and imagination.

The Black Tapes
Podcast documentary drama
Follow host journalist Alex as she investigates tales of the weird with famous archskeptic Dr. Strand. More delightful horror.

Ars Paradoxica
Podcast
Join our protagonist as she deals with the results of accidentially inventing a time machine and gets trapped in the past.

Mendalla

Currently queued up in Hoopla for driving and walking:

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Damn the Torpedoes. While I've known of this album's (the third from Petty & The Heartbreakers) existence since it came out in '79, I didn't really get into Petty until about a decade later so I've never listened to it before. Feels like I have, though. Several familiar songs ("Refugee", "Here Comes My Girl") and the sound is, as you would expect, vintage Petty. Wrong music for my Civic, though. You really should be cruising back highways in a seventies-era 'Stang or Trans-am to get the proper feeling.

Moody Blues, To Our Children's Children's Children. A rare Moodies album that I have not listened to before. Also rare in that I'm kind of "meh" on it. I usually love anything from the 1967-78 edition of the band. Not terrible, but no real standout songs ("Eyes of a Child" comes close) and the album just doesn't seem to rise to the standard set by predecessors like On the Threshold of a Dream and In Search of the Lost Chord.

Moody Blues. On the Threshold of a Dream. To make sure my blah reaction to the last one really was a fluke and not me getting jaded or something, I downloaded this album that I used to own on cassette and that I rank as my favorite of that era of the band. To Our... was a fluke. The album holds up beautifully. Several classic songs ("Lovely to See You Again", "Are You Sitting Comfortably?", "Send Me No Wine", "Have you Heard?/The Voyage") and a well-structured album on a loose theme with no real duds on it.

Mendalla

On Spotify today listening to Jazz. Their Big Band channel in the morning, in the afternoon I've been listening to one called Coffee Table Jazz. Some lovely, softer jazz music. Just listened to a stunningly beautiful 8 minute opus called Landmarks by Brian Blade and the Fellowship Band.

Waterfall

On Spotify today listening to Jazz. Their Big Band channel in the morning, in the afternoon I've been listening to one called Coffee Table Jazz. Some lovely, softer jazz music. Just listened to a stunningly beautiful 8 minute opus called Landmarks by Brian Blade and the Fellowship Band.
Hmmm, sounds interesting, I'll check it on youtube.

Luce NDs

Be careful of the EDGE ... you could get drum doubt ... caused by light hammering of Max swells waves ...

Mendalla

So, I'm listening to Jazztronica on Spotify today. Varies from purely electronic jazz to mixes of electronic with more traditional instrumentation (sax, etc.). No real standout music, but quite a nice channel to have on while I work.

chansen

Pleasant Enough
Working away one day I put YouTube on in the background. I was playing some Metric, and one of the YouTube suggestions was a band (ironically) called "Chvrches". Pronounced "Churches". Been playing their concerts in the background for stretches.

Mendalla

Little M introduced me to Chvrches a while ago. Definitely one of the better newer bands out there (and I can see why they would be an "if you listen to..." choice for Metric, who I also like).

Listening to the Blues & Roots Rock channel on Spotify today. Picked it based on the fact that my current favorite band Whitehorse is on the playlist so I figured it would have music in that vein. It has it in spades, though the best track so far has been "Heavy Is the Head" by the Zac Brown Band featuring the late Chris Cornell which definitely leans to the "Rock" end of that title.