Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Good morning. We move to our winter park today. We'll be in one site until the 27th then move to the site where we'll spend the winter.

Good morning! Happy Friday. As summer all too swiftly gives way to autumn, we gather round the coffee cart, to discuss, among other things, the pros and cons of pumpkin spice flavouring. Or, if anyone comes us with a better topic or topics, we can float that instead. Anyway, coffee's ready, water's boiling. C'mon in.

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

Good morning. We're back in our winter park and have caught up with some friends. Hubby is on his way up island to help a friend move his trailer. He is travelling with friends who are buying a class A motorhome to replace their smaller fifth wheel. I'll be working on cutting material for a Victoria's Quilt. It won't be done by the Tuesday meeting. I'll have the top done and will be able to sandwich it there on the bigger tables at the centre.

Good morning. We're back in our winter park and have caught up with some friends. Hubby is on his way up island to help a friend move his trailer. He is travelling with friends who are buying a class A motorhome to replace their smaller fifth wheel. I'll be working on cutting material for a Victoria's Quilt. It won't be done by the Tuesday meeting. I'll have the top done and will be able to sandwich it there on the bigger tables at the centre.
I have been reading and viewing videos about "van life". Basically people doing what you're doing but in a much smaller "home", usually a customized Sprinter or similar. These are young people with careers that they can work at on the road or making money as "influencers". They sleep in parking lots or random campgrounds and parks. Probably break laws doing it, too.

Not planning to do this myself, but might be useful for a story. It's a fascinating culture that's developing.

My friend's daughter and her partner live like that in B.C. Interestingly though, they own a house but rent it out. They are real adventurers, making a lot of their living income by tree planting.

I've seen stories about people who live in a van. I also have a friend who was spending a lot of time travelling the US in their Casita which is like an updated Boler and small. I can see where living in such a small space would be fun when you're nomadic and when you can create an outdoor living space. Our space is small enough for two. I don't think I'd want to go smaller.

I have been reading and viewing videos about "van life". Basically people doing what you're doing but in a much smaller "home", usually a customized Sprinter or similar. These are young people with careers that they can work at on the road or making money as "influencers". They sleep in parking lots or random campgrounds and parks. Probably break laws doing it, too.

Not planning to do this myself, but might be useful for a story. It's a fascinating culture that's developing.
A man lives year round in his13' fibre glass trailer (like a Boler) and runs a business. He is an artist/photographer and frequently lives free in trailer parks in exchange for some minor maintenance jobs. While there he sells his photography and paints murals on peoples' campers for a fee. They choose the style they want from his photos and he paints it on their camping unit - coastal scenes, deserts, forest etc.. The lifestyle suits him.

One of my neighbours who lost his home due to landlord selling it is now living in his trailer on a campground, because he couldn’t find anything affordable.

That's quite the undertaking.

It is. She's got all the seats out. She has plans (it's a kneeling bus, and the front kneeling door will house her motorcycle, for instance; she's also got monster wheel wells to work around). I really think that she's hoping to borrow my English cousin for a couple of months to get it well underway (he has fitted out narrowboats from a bare iron shell twice, and ripped his current 1850's house back to the original brick, then modernized) so it's the sort of thing he's good at). I have visions of the bus ending up in my driveway to be finished... However, she's currently working 40+ hours a week as a bus/driver/route inspector, so 'spare time' is a bit short.

Good morning! As we shat about living in vans, trailers, campers, etc. the idea may be worth exploring more. I can see it as a coming trend, sort of. And converting a bus sounds intriguing as well, let us know how that's coming along! In the meantime, coffee's up, tea water's ready. Help yourself.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Spare time for bussing ... imagine that de establishing the well seated!

In the understanding of "epi" as up, beyond, or out and fani as an old word for the behind ... imagine that getting ahead of you ... only in such dispossessed manner can one see there "as is" going. In comprehension thereof a far out concern ... as here and now folks waste all things including the self! Thus self destructive as thoughts spin and go round ...

Could we know any better when authorities tell common folk they needn't know? Thus the greatest of power leads to collapse ... it is reciprocating process with ups and downs ...when up ... look about ... alas ye cannot due to inhibitions!

Consider being inhibited in the functions of word as an ideal icon ... do not worship it because it may evolve ... may naught! In May roots get entangled ... as they go down ...

Not feeling super comfortable with the current COVID situation. Aunt and Uncle have COVID (another family already had it recently too). Chemguy has a big work event on Tuesday. Wednesday we drive to Manitoba.
Biggest risks feel like being in close proximity to Chemguy after he's around people form multiple cities, and then post-funeral I will be have large-ish family dinners (I will mask the entire time indoors for the funeral but can't expect others too). Will also be staying at my cousin's place - one works at the same school my aunt works at.
Bleh.
Am glad I got that 5th dose at least. First opportunity here if I waited for Omicron instead would come after I left anyway. Still, not a trip I'm thrilled about making but also really do feel like I should go. Funeral is one aspect. There's also the house, helping with some of that and will be my last chance to really be there most likely, and I didn't get that after my Grandma died because of the COVID situation. So really it's a way to say goodbye to both, where i have the most memories with them. Plus the remaining grandpa isn't getting any younger.

Good morning, all. Happy Sunday! Welcome to the Coffee Cart, where we gather in support and conversation, assisted by virtual hot beverages. As we continue to chat about Covid, about the royal funeral, and about whatever comes to mind, may we find support in the gathering and comfort n the Room.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Here we are working to develop our crokinole skills :giggle: I recently picked up a board for $15 at the ReStore. Now we've spent on new buttons, new posts, spray wax etc. .... it's one of those 'bargains' :ROFLMAO: But we like games & haven't played crokinole in decades - so it's bringing some challenges & new learning! Any other crokinole players here?

Any other crokinole players here?
Oh wow, I have not played in years, maybe decades. Didn't even think to look for the board when I was at the cottage this summer. That's where we usually played, though I think we had a set at home, too.

Back