Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Hubby and the kids used to do the pumpkin carving things. I don't recall anything splendid. If I HAD to try this activity I think I'd see what the Dremel would do.

It's not a "natural" thing for the English-born. I confess that some of my passion for real pumpkins lies in the fact that my Dad, generally pretty good at "ideas" and "execution" (and could be helpful for costumes), considered that a "lit pumpkin" was to drop a flashlight in a plastic pumpkin and consider the job done.

My parents were totally flummoxed about the whole thing (as was I the first time I met it ). Why would otherwise caring parents choose to teach their children to go begging from door to door? Why would they encourage the consumption of lots of sugar and junk food?

I've mellowed a bit over time but I'm not enamoured of it.

I'll make sure I've got a wee stack of brand new toonies for the few kids who may show up.

I think this is a good point:

Nicholas Rogers, author of the book Halloween: From Pagan Ritual to Party Night sees the Halloween-Guy Fawkes competition differently. "I know some in England want to paint it as cultural imperialism," says Rogers, a native of Bristol, who teaches history at York University in Toronto. But, he points out, it is the British who have changed as changed as much as the holidays they celebrate. "In a more multicultural Britain, Guy Fawkes is a bit of an embarrassment," Rogers says. "What you’re doing is burning a Catholic on a bonfire, and that doesn't go down very well today."

Good morning! As the sun begins to rise, let us salute the new day with hot beverages. We van also continue the discussion of the transformation of Halloween to what it has become.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Good morning! As the sun begins to rise, let us salute the new day with hot beverages. We van also continue the discussion of the transformation of Halloween to what it has become.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

That should assist in the pot warming or pot latching onto the gross unknown! God-awful some say ...

I'm in for the coffee with a contribution of Morning Glory muffins. Have a glorious morning. Dull day here, but lots of colour still on the trees.

And just to throw exotic words into the frey there is this contribution to raise alien discussion with some disgust ... no doubt!

Imagine talking nonsense to the institutionalized while on the way along the road of knowledge picking (as if they were cherries)! The very act is not denied in this exposition ... nonsense being projected to augur well into boring eternal wisdom ... thus lost Memes! I can scarcely describe the process as a terminal post all bent out of shape like Omega! Birches after an ice storm ...

Coffee is a stimulant ... perhaps stima to some that don't will any cognizance ... thus that's out and exotic like a dancer ... AD Onus in Michael's perspective? Then the black Adonis and that paired up ... deep Madonna? Hay girl stacked ... explaining the straw man syndrome at Hollo Weenie Time ... prone to spontaneity! Chigoes are something else as they rise ... and few respect eM!

Last edited:
Like fleas observing an elephant meal ... partial views!

Life, too, is like that ... c'esđ eux ... demos unusual ... AB normal folk? Next step in Greek is Gamma ... dark tous? You may only see the r's going ... as a mule called Midnight ... dream carrier ... imagine sparks there!

Is it catching or communicable ... get a grip ...

So, the question of the day is, when the IT guy's computer goes up the spout, who does he call?

No, not "Ghooostbusters!" :D

Tempted as one might to blast the little brute with a proton pack.

Best Buy, for a new one?
Sadly, it's a work computer so I can't just run out and get one. Fortunately, I have a new one. Unfortunately, it was in the office. So I had to race into work for a Teams meeting since I didn't have the new one at home and I knew the presentation they were doing wouldn't be viewable on a phone. Have decided to retire, rather than resurrect, the old one and start commuting with the new one.

I predicted MANY years ago that Guy Fawkes would fall out of favour and Halloween would burst out in the UK. There is just so much more money to be made selling Halloween junk than fireworks and potatoes to bake!

I predicted MANY years ago that Guy Fawkes would fall out of favour and Halloween would burst out in the UK. There is just so much more money to be made selling Halloween junk than fireworks and potatoes to bake!

OTOH, Kimmio does have a point, lololol.

"What you’re doing is burning a Catholic on a bonfire, and that doesn't go down very well today."

Happy Thursday morning, all! As we compare and contrast Guy Fawkes Day and Halloween, let us pause for hot beverages to sharpen our minds.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Back