Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Excited Pumpkin Spice GIF by Starbucks

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. I went to my mom and step dad's for a small feast - just 3 of us - and had my own "kid's" table in the living room (which is the other end of the larger open area from the dining room - but there was about 12 - 15 ft between us. Good acoustics. Nobody had to shout). Actually, it was a folding craft table set up nicely with a tablecloth, flowers and a place setting. Kudos to my mom for that. She was in a more relaxed and jolly mood - not stressed to the gills with too many guests like she often is. We had a nice evening.

Last edited:
View attachment 4223
Not sure what this staying at home has done to my son and his girlfriend- within a month they got themselves two bunnies, two goats, two mini pigs and two guinea pigs. Additionally to the dog in the house and the mice in the basement. Happy Thanksgiving! Here the mini pigs photo shoot. Except for the dog, they are now all in the barn that he built. Next spring he is planning to add chickens. They both have full time work....
When they got the first bunny I said I wouldn’t mind taking care of it when they go camping. As they added animals- that option is no longer there. I carefully mentioned that if they start fighting over who has to muck out the barn and their relationship is suffering- it is easier to get rid of the animals....
I am slightly worried, because last year they had a mouse infestation in their kitchen and I had to push to do a several day cleaning. Now, with winter coming, they still seem to not being able to get their dishes done and the garbage out of the house on a regular basis -all of which would attract the mice again. They probably should get themselves two cats added to the Arche.
Oh my gosh those are the tiniest, most adorable piglets I've ever seen! So funny looking they're cute - and I mean that in a good way! Are they real? If so, wouldn't they be in danger from a cat? They look like (cute) rodents with pig snouts!

I read it's a good idea to be careful with buying miniature pigs (I've never seen real live pigs that small! They must not be very old) because sometimes they are not really miniatures and grow into very large pigs. Those ones look legitimately mini.

Last edited:
I read it's a good idea to be careful with buying miniature pigs (I've never seen real live pigs that small! They must not be very old) because sometimes they are not really miniatures and grow into very large pigs. Those ones look legitimately mini.
I heard that, too and have been telling them not to be surprised if they end up 350 lbs, which made my daughter in law mad. They really are that small, but they are still piglets. They are not home yet, the barn is still being worked on. They were home for a “ sleepover”.
Just hoping the exitement over the animals keeps on to make sure they are well looked after.

You asked; is the St. John River regulated by dams?

Only partly so. The largest dam is about 15 miles upriver from Fredericton. It is a major source of electric power at the water flow is somewhat regulated. However, nature seems to play a big role in regulating floods or dry spells. Upriver from the head pond the river is very shallow again, as are the tributaries. A major tributary, the Nashwalk, near Ninji's place is so shallow in places that you could walk across without getting your shorts wet.

Waterbouy (of the original Cafe) could tell you more. Now Luce NDs.

Last edited:
You asked; is the St. John River regulated by dams?

Only partly so. The largest dam is about 15 miles upriver from Fredericton. It is a major source of electric power at the water flow is somewhat regulated. However, nature seems to play a big role in regulating floods or dry spells. Upriver from the head pond the river is very shallow again, as are the tributaries. A major tributary, the Nashwalk, near Ninji's place is so shallow in places that you could walk across without getting your shorts wet.

Waterbouy (of the original Cafe) could tell you more. Now Luce NDs.
You are right Seeler ... the storage capacity of the headpond of the Mactaquac Dam is geologically unsuited as a storage pool. Its volume must be carefully regulated or the headpond quickly gets out of control.

NB Power controls the system of dams on the Saint John River primarily by monitoring flow rather than water levels. Early experience with Mactaquac resulted in excessive releases of water and flooding downstream. A situation that some powers would sooner not discuss!

Water is a powerful factor in life ... and man nor beast cannot contain it indefinitely ... thus the FLOTUS ... the Lady of the Lake Myth? Imagine Ur with her back up ... Ureal, or Uria? This is a raw amino form ... if you can relate to the methods of labelling ... nomenclature as the words rattle ... A Dios Ami Ghos ... things jess ordered?

Expect returns ... "K" is a grand icon of Ka or reflection as light may bounce off a wall ... dependant on the hue of the wall and absorbent quality as defined in the nature of a Black Bodied Example ... when absorbing enough ... it blows! Journalists with heavy breaths! Often out of the corner of the orifice (mouth)!:sneaky:

Normal's attire ...

Last edited:
Happy belated Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a small meal cooked at our trailer, with sister and brother-in-law while we were waiting for their son and daughter-in-law to arrive from Thunder Bay. They will be staying in the trailer for the week, and then we will winterize. Then, yesterday, we were at my other sister's place and had a traditional meal with them and Mom. Then we played a rousing game of cards -- Wizard. Very nice. I did a you-tube church service and my minister pointed it out to our congregation by saying: Nancy had a very good message. Maybe she felt badly about the thumbs down I received a few weeks ago. Anyway...a good weekend here.

and after popping by the office for my computer I am home for the day. I threw up just a mouthful before heading out the door. Unusual for me (ok gagging brushing or flossing is not unexpected). So I fail the covid self assessment screen and need to satay home until symptoms subside. It was usual breakfast. Fortunately the class I was set to visit this am the teacher is away so I will reschedule.

I am very sure it is not covid as my lungs are fine. In non-covid years I sometimes get pneumonia or bronchitis so I am well aware of what that feels like.

I think I will start making some ginger plum jam.

That sucks, Tabitha. Maybe the rich food from dinner? I've had delayed impact from such. Hope you are feeling well, and it was just that minor issue.

So, had dinner one night last week. Myspouse had heated up turkey, and veggies, including the leftover squash from the weekend.
The squash tasted off to me, and i wasn't a fan.

Yesterday, I was standing at the fridge, and said, i should make some pumpkin muffins, and use up the pumpkin that was left from the pie.
He looked at me, and said "ooooh, that wasn't the squash?"

Lol, turns out the squash tasted odd as it was pumpkin!

Collusion:
secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
"the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers"

Can you imagine such a definition colliding with the normal acceptance of blind faith as unseen?

Back