Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

As a non-consumer myself, I tend to miss the date unless someone mentions it. Happy 420! I actually watched a relevant episode of PBS Eons recently, looking at what we know of the evolution of cannabis both pre and post cultivation. Which is not easy because marijuana's original wild form appears to be extinct, completely replaced by feral domesticated cannabis.

I only know about 4/20 because of my job. We were in downtown Vancouver one year on this date. I was in the hotel room when I heard some friendly sirens and people. Then the smell wafted upwards. I then realized it was 4:20 on 4/20. The police were chill as was the crowd. The hotel was near the art gallery where such events are held.

I had a good visit with my cancer ladies. We went to lunch after the group and talked about all manner of things; books, movies, TV shows etc. It's a great bunch.

I used to have neighbours who smoked weed. Could smell it. I don't think I knew about the whole 420 thing back then, though, if it even was celebrated outside of the user community. This was mid-late 90s.

Our neighbours here smoke weed. Thankfully we don't smell it at our site. It is very strong though when you walk past their site.

I consume a lot of weed. Don't really smell of it, and the big guy and I do our smoking in controlled private environments. Outside of that privacy, I use a vape, which is very discrete and edibles for sleep, etc. Happy 4/20 to those who celebrate!

Interesting observation, that I've been yacking about with the nurse who controls the nitrous at my dentist's. I do not do dental work without nitrous. There's something about mouth and pain that just goes badly. But, some ad hoc consultation indicates that those for whom nitrous doesn't help also have a negative experience with cannabis. Related receptors, we think. For me, it is more medicinal than alcohol. Also use special steeped salves that I make and everyone seems to love.

4/20 stands for marijuana

April 20 ( 4th month, 20 day) is a day that folks light up in public places

You can read more here
Thanks.
Germany has just decided to legalize- plans are still in the works. Public opinion seems to want to shun it in outdoors restaurants, laws don’t allow smoking on playgrounds and near schools- don’t know how they would want to control that.
I think it stinks. I am all for it not to be smoked near other people without their permission.

Good morning! Happy Sunday! Toastmaster's speeches, marijuana day, and the smoking thereof, as well as all the other thoughts and topics that come to us, we bring them here to the Coffee Cart to chat, to drink hot beverages, to deepen our connections. The water is hot, he coffee is fresh brewed. Come on in and join the conversations! All are welcome.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

I think it stinks. I am all for it not to be smoked near other people without their permission.

The smoking of it is handled about the same as tobacco smoke in Ontario. Basically, in your own home. I haven't heard of any complaints of it being smoked in backyards. Public parks and walking trails are all marked no smoking or vaping (referring to both cannabis and tobacco). Same rules about smoking X metres away from building entrances.

Our neighbour grew it a couple of years for his son. By early August we could smell the plants. To me, it stinks.

Cold, cloudy, windy here today. Nice church service focusing on loving the earth. Going to an Elvis Tribute concert this afternoon at the church in Rockland.

The smoking of it is handled about the same as tobacco smoke in Ontario. Basically, in your own home. I haven't heard of any complaints of it being smoked in backyards. Public parks and walking trails are all marked no smoking or vaping (referring to both cannabis and tobacco). Same rules about smoking X metres away from building entrances.

Consideration and appreciation of both side of the draught is important as the understanding of the wisp that went up the chimney with a jingle ...

The heat rises as the flakey settles in with a bite! Find a hob to share ... bet that some will oppose your stinking apprehensions about lighting up!

It's a nice sunny day with some rain showers. We're visiting my sister and her husband. It was a nice drive to get here.

Sun came out this afternoon and temp was around 10, I think, but there's quite a wind chill.

Sunny day here and about 13C. We went for a short walk this morning and a short drive this afternoon. The goal was finding the water birds that we couldn't find before the snowfall. Found a few swans, Canada geese and a variety of ducks too far away to identify. Also looking for sandhill cranes fruitlessly .

Our neighbour grew it a couple of years for his son. By early August we could smell the plants. To me, it stinks.

Not a great idea anyway. Growing outside is almost a surefire invitation to pollination, ergo, seeds, which is most emphatically not the point. Hard to grow sensemilla when your neighbours don't know to cull any male plants they may germinate, even if using feminized seed.

It pretty well smells like skunk. I live in a neighbourhood with a lot of skunks, just a geographical niche I guess, and it's sometimes hard to tell around here.

Not a great idea anyway. Growing outside is almost a surefire invitation to pollination, ergo, seeds, which is most emphatically not the point. Hard to grow sensemilla when your neighbours don't know to cull any male plants they may germinate, even if using feminized seed.

It pretty well smells like skunk. I live in a neighbourhood with a lot of skunks, just a geographical niche I guess, and it's sometimes hard to tell around here.
Yes, surprising me who would want to manifest skunk smell in their yard…

Back