Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I guess that is what "AI" and robots are going to be for? Isn't there something like that already in Telus health does anyone here know?

(and I think we should be focussing on what our silly health care calls Primary Care and most of the rest of the world calls "Healthy Living")
Virtual (which includes Telus' offering) is fine for ongoing monitoring of health conditions (which is what we use it for at work) or even "Telehealth" diagnostics but there's still pretty serious limits on what it can do beyond that. After all, suturing a wound or setting a broken bones still requires in-person, human care. And there's minimal AI involved at the moment. Current telehealth and virtual care technologies are more about improving clinician-patient contact and communications. For instance, our virtual care system prompts the patients for their current condition and symptoms, then alerts a clinician if a contact is needed but it's all algorithmic. No AI per se. Still very much HI (human intelligence).

Checked my blood pressure a few minutes ago and it was very good. Something yesterday must have triggered sone kind of reaction by my body. According to Dr. Google my symptoms in terms of heart rate and blood pressure rapid fluctuations and other stuff were like an angina attack except the symptoms lasted for several hours instead of minutes.

I'm thankful I can "visit" my doctor by phone sometimes. Also, the nurse line (811) or things like Telus Health have their place. Not to mention that even healthy living folks can end up with serious health issues. It's not either/or
Yeah, wider acceptance of telehealth and other virtual forms of care might a rare good thing to come out of the COVID experience. Certainly gave healthcare a chance to find new ways to maintain contact with patients.

Yeah, wider acceptance of telehealth and other virtual forms of care might a rare good thing to come out of the COVID experience. Certainly gave healthcare a chance to find new ways to maintain contact with patients.

I have a friend who is a physician. He mostly does anesthesia these days. He does some locum family practice. He said the ability to do phone appointments is a huge help in many cases. There are so many mundane things, like prescription renewals and such that don't necessarily need an in person visit. His big complaint though is when the person isn't in a private space to receive his call. Crazy.

Good morning! Forsythias, and other plants, nuclear isotopes, and ER waiting times, as well as all the other stuff that happens, the thoughts that come to mind, the topics that call our attention, we bring them with us to the Coffee Cart, for conversation and community; as well as hot beverages and snacks. All is ready, and all are welcome. Drop in when you have a chance and join in!

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]
Good morning all. Just popped in to deliver a braided loaf with sesame seed topping. It will stay magically warm until it is all eaten. Enjoy.

2:43 am in Emergency. Been here since 9 pm. Think i will go home. Probably hours yet before seeing s doctor.
Hope you feel better now despite the lack of health care. Neither of us have ever waited that long to get some attention. It is a bit of a crap shoot anyway as sometimes the Dr. available isn't very knowledgeable or has lousy manners.

I waited from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. over 8 fractured ribs a couple of years ago. Our emergency rooms are a nightmare, and I'm in a major city. However, our after hours clinics (which are only available to those with a family doctor, though) will process you and tell you when to come back, which is helpful. And I book my Life Lab stuff on-line. It's easier, I can book into my preferred clinic, etc.

our after hours clinics
My doc's after hours takes appointments. We've gone a couple times on the weekend. Only issue is that it's at another site of the family health team he is in that is further from home (but close to an area where we shop regularly).

Bloodwork done. I'm waiting to hear from the doctor about the bone scan report. I'm oddly anxious, likely because she usually calls sooner than this. I'm assuming she's busy so will manage. Now to open my book.

Well CT showed some shrinkage and some more clarity (not the right word) on the bones. Dr suggested seeing what the bone scan said. It said there's more uptake on the bones in a couple places. That would suggest activity. She didn't know what to say and suggested we wait to see what the oncologist says. I asked if the new bone scan machine might being showing things not visible before. She didn't think so, but who knows. Radiation may be an option. So, we wait to see what the oncologist says.

Good morning! Hoping those of you with medical issues are doing well. Interesting discussion of medical situations-- ER waits, lab results delivery, phone appointments, online things... Things have changed, and sometimes things have improved. Wishing you with medical appointments and tests smooth sailing through the process, and good results.
The Coffee Cart is up and running, ready to host your discussions of whatever is on your mind. Come by as you are able, and join in the conversations! ll are welcome, all is ready.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

We really need some more 24 x 7 alternatives besides ERs. They really should be focussed for the ambulance patients and other "must see" cases. There's no need for respiratory to be seen in an ER. Even my son's last ER visit (13 hour wait, I heard) was just for stitches and could be handled in an urgent care setting of some kind. But the hospital urgent care in London is basically a business hours operation except that it opens on weekends. My family health team has after hours service, at least, but they aren't equipped to set a bone or stich a wound like urgent care is. Then again, how would we staff a non-emergency urgent care system? We don't have enough docs and nurses for regular emergency services as it is.

Efficiency is key to total elimination of labor ... the powers hate to labor the issue. as it may erode assets ... reconsider GE's past! I once labored for them ... it was not appreciated and thus disposed!

It was tongue in cheek somewhat....but when we were in a snow mobile accident years ago, my driver smashed into a fence post out in the country.....his leg was ripped open from top to bottom and a vet lived near by.....he treated the injury excellently until the ambulance arrived....

However ... would administration clog that factor in a process?

It all sounds so labor intensive for those wishing to eliminate the work with a tongue in each cheek for balance ... split tongues?

Very slick ... like a reciprocal of "" or any other direction! The temporal is said to be non directional when neutral! It is often over stimulated with desire instead of it 's alter ... a mental conflict as alter ego?

Thanks ladies. I'm not overly concerned right now. Disappointed, not concerned. I was chatting with some cancer buddies last night. One suggested it could be inflammatory in response to the med change. I think that's a reasonable theory. Nevertheless, I'll wait to see what the oncologist says. She's brilliant and on the ball.

Back