Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Good morning. So far I'm feeling better today. Here's hoping that sticks. On the other hand, I'm taking the feeling like crap as a sign my body was responding well to the vaccine.

Having a bit of soul-searching around my writing today. I have a fairly long (6500 or more word) fantasy piece nearly done and a sequel/continuation in development. I am putting a fair bit of work into this project. The default would be to post it on Stories Space, my usual writing site. But I am concerned about the state of the place. The forums are getting quiet. The new comp is up to only 4 entries and a couple have already said they just bashed something out to support the comp, i.e. did not take it especially seriously. My own comp entry has managed 3 comments in 4 days, which is low for a competition entry. I know some people are struggling with the upgrade and some were already drifting away.

So I am debating if I want to put something like this that I have put a fair bit of work into on that site where it might not get as many eyeballs, or should be I trying something else. Options are many. Starting my own site on something like Tumblr or Medium is one. Another is to actually take a shot at pro markets, of which there are plenty for the fantasy genre. Self-publishing (probably I would finish the sequel and put them together) on Amazon or Smashwords would be a third. Money is not a consideration, though obviously getting some pocket change out of the deal would be icing on the cake. It is more about how to get eyeballs on it and maybe start building an audience for my work in general.

Stories Space was a good start. Just wondering if it is where I should stay.

* takes a tea and settles in a corner to meditate *

Good morning. So far I'm feeling better today. Here's hoping that sticks. On the other hand, I'm taking the feeling like crap as a sign my body was responding well to the vaccine.
Lucky, I am worse. Lump on arm keeps growing. Overall sore and just generally not feeling well. New today is lymph node in armpit is swollen too. Eczema is starting to get worse but that could just be steroids wearing off and not be connected to the vaccine at all.

Good morning! Happy T-giving Sunday. As we note our side effects and other symptoms coming up, as we think about the stories and about the cyberaudience who will see them, let us pause in our sojourning for hot beverages and conversations. All is ready. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Oh, so much to give thanks for.
I read this morning of 126 refugees found in a truck abandoned at the side of the road in Guatemala. Lives saved, but dreams of a better life ended. There had been a similar case in Germany years ago, but with a worse ending. The people could not make anyone notice them and all suffocated.

From an on-line source that gets no respect (Wicked Paedia) perhaps because the general population is deficient in knowledge about the old so and so:

The psychological phenomenon of illusory superiority was identified as a form of cognitive bias in Kruger and Dunning's 1999 study "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments".[1]
Other investigations of the phenomenon, such as "Why People Fail to Recognize Their Own Incompetence",[10] indicate that much incorrect self-assessment of competence derives from the person's ignorance of a given activity's standards of performance. Dunning and Kruger's research also indicates that training in a task, such as solving a logic puzzle, increases people's ability to accurately evaluate how good they are at it.[11]
In Self-insight: Roadblocks and Detours on the Path to Knowing Thyself,[12] Dunning described the Dunning–Kruger effect as "the anosognosia of everyday life", referring to a neurological condition in which a disabled person either denies or seems unaware of their disability. He stated: "If you're incompetent, you can't know you're incompetent ... The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is."[13]
In 2011, Dunning wrote about his observations that people with substantial, measurable deficits in their knowledge or expertise lack the ability to recognize those deficits and, therefore, despite potentially making error after error, tend to think they are performing competently when they are not: "In short, those who are incompetent, for lack of a better term, should have little insight into their incompetence—an assertion that has come to be known as the Dunning–Kruger effect".[14] In 2014, Dunning and Helzer described how the Dunning–Kruger effect "suggests that poor performers are not in a position to recognize the shortcomings in their performance".[15]

Thus thot's do wander and disperse .... and few know of a' hole where they escape as somewhat smelly to those that would rather not know in the first place as it makes them feel insecure ... creates allowances for darkness in bothe absolute and abstract form (take close notice of the multifaceted definition of abstract) it spooky! Tis sacred, hidden or buried in the pool of denial that resides in mine d' eis! ...

Commonly translated if you believe you're sharp and smart ... you're not and the alter holds true for the case when you feel you're ignorant and thus may be able to learn ... but may not ... the free choice sinned Rome ... and nothing is free as you see how we pay as you go until there is nothing left to make something of ... then anon comes into the image as abstract ... and one may be over the hump with that bump in the night ... dark and swell as irregularities in one of the Oh Seans ... there we Ci on and on as the horizon departs ... drippy ... yes! But humans are like that ... view from a' sol (ground of belief) ... and you may not believe what you see when looking up at those burning out ... busting their hinds to support tyrants? All is flat Eire ... de lit Mass test ... burning irrationality in essence ...

Emotional context is like that a picture of innocence as it is permitted to run about with no sense of responsibility ... contain yourself ... so do and thus the alternate type as proven in blood typing ... thus clots of folk ... all bunched up ... cultivating apoplexies ... a brain blowing episode driving any disturbances out ... mental rejection!

Trump's everything to those that support the lie ... and thus they fell aside ... still the man rages about truth told! It is just the way it is down here when you initiate that stranger thing ... rationality? Thus pawns and pons that may only be fauna ... lost critters ... D' Eire Meis said Ustinov ... a MS Type?

Word does fly when impressed ... powers would soon you not read in to'it ... thus 4'd -ish!

Last edited:
Thanksgiving dinner invitation at my friends house who has an auto immun disease putting her at risk despite vaccination. Everybody but my son were vaccinated. I drove to his house ahead of the dinner and wanted to do a rapid test before he goes to dinner and also talk about the misinformation he texted me two weeks ago from Fox news. He refused, avoided, got angry. I pushed the test on him, so he did it grumpily.
(I said I would make a scene in my friend’s driveway, if he doesn’t take the test now in his home.- He knows me, he knows I would not back down).
He was hanging out with two friends who were also not vaccinated.
He never was a big talker, but this is definitely driving a wedge into our relationship. With him not wearing a mask at work and hanging with unvaccinated friends, my thought is it’s just a matter of time when he will get it. Presently, our area here doesn’t have many new infections, most of them are in Halifax. I am hoping that someone he knows well gets sick and warns all his friends….before he get sick.

Thanksgiving dinner invitation at my friends house who has an auto immun disease putting her at risk despite vaccination. Everybody but my son were vaccinated. I drove to his house ahead of the dinner and wanted to do a rapid test before he goes to dinner and also talk about the misinformation he texted me two weeks ago from Fox news. He refused, avoided, got angry. I pushed the test on him, so he did it grumpily.
(I said I would make a scene in my friend’s driveway, if he doesn’t take the test now in his home.- He knows me, he knows I would not back down).
He was hanging out with two friends who were also not vaccinated.
He never was a big talker, but this is definitely driving a wedge into our relationship. With him not wearing a mask at work and hanging with unvaccinated friends, my thought is it’s just a matter of time when he will get it. Presently, our area here doesn’t have many new infections, most of them are in Halifax. I am hoping that someone he knows well gets sick and warns all his friends….before he get sick.
Sorry he's just not getting it. There's been multiple stories from people in Alberta who were against the vaccine prior to ICU admissions, maybe those would help?

Sorry he's just not getting it. There's been multiple stories from people in Alberta who were against the vaccine prior to ICU admissions, maybe those would help?
He avoids conversation. All I can do is put CBC article links on my Facebook. I have to consider how much to hang out with him. My friend will keep inviting him, trusting her vaccination. I read too much news from Europe in order to fully trust a vaccination I got in February.

Good morning, all! Happy Thanksgiving. As we consider family dinners, who is vaxed, and who isn't, the frustrations aroused thereby, and the joy of learning new techniques, let us join around the cart for hot beverages and conversation. (Be advised that Pumpkin Spice season has begun; be watchful as to which urn you're drinking from.)

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Thank God for the Great Pun Kin and all related gourds ... these head up the land of ignorance that we look to for learning about Eire and other errs!

It has something to do with Kreuger-Dunne space and a company that made fortunes on firearm's that may have backfired in essence ... ghostly!

Good morning. Dog and I have been out for a walk on this crisp cool morning. The app says it's 2 degrees out there. We met a couple other friendly dogs walking with their friendly person. I feel normalish again.

He avoids conversation. All I can do is put CBC article links on my Facebook. I have to consider how much to hang out with him. My friend will keep inviting him, trusting her vaccination. I read too much news from Europe in order to fully trust a vaccination I got in February.
Yes, I don't think it protects me fully either, although those who are vaccinated and dying here are all older than me. I fully trust it to keep me from dying from covid, at least with the current variants. I trust it to keep me out of the icu from direct covid symptoms. Covid infection? Nope. Long covid? It's sketchy. And my health issues being triggered by covid could land me in the hospital.

Wild boars taste good, but Canada would be wise to get the guns out.
There are about 3000 of them in the city of Berlin.
Sounds like guns make the issue harder to control.
Hunting doesn't help solve the problem.
"As soon as there's any kind of hunting disturbance, they scatter. They infest new areas. They become nocturnal. They become real wary of humans, and any trapping efforts we put forward are diminished," Abramenko said.

Back