Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Germany started to sell quick tests in grocery stores and pharmacies. They sold out quickly. A five or six pack for 25 euros. I might ask my sister to send me some. Wondering when we will get them here.

Guy came in the store today claiming he didn't have to wear a mask, as he'd been vaccinated. Apparently, that is NOT the current rules. Also, he was apparently middle-aged, so how did he get vaccinated?
On the first point, nope. Still got to wear a mask.

On the second, he could be a healthcare worker or have family in LTC (some areas did vaccinate some family). Some of our staff in their twenties got their shots because they serve patients in longterm care facilities.

I want nothing to do with this, unless you attempt to check out through my lane. And if I've been so careful, for so long, to so much pain, and you think you can just dis me?

Again, I'm getting mad. I have done a lot, for apparently nothing, and people think it's okay to just throw it in my face. Well, not mine. Try it.

And since when have we not allowed dissent?
It is not even dissent that you are not allowing anymore ... it has moved past marginalizing or moving my posts to just deleting them. It does not upset me as much as it baffles me. People here speculate on almost everything more than they provide any evidence ... when I take exception to that my posts are ridiculed removed or reprimanded.

I am managing it ... and so far I have avoided being banned. I will not waste more time with this in this thread.

Moving right along...

I'm getting quite tired of this BS. Do as you're told, or stay out of the store.
And I am getting even more tired of the BS that masks are mandatory to stop the spread.

If your 'leader' said tomorrow that masking in stores was no longer necessary (by magic of the rules changed again) would the owner of the store you work in continue to enforce it? No one should have been expected to enforce it in the first place ... no matter what age they are.

Masks should never have been mandated for healthy people in the general public, especially children, ever.

Guy came in the store today claiming he didn't have to wear a mask
And that is all he had to say. He does not have to wear a mask by law. Any one that tries to force him to is liable to be sued if he decides to go that route. Further to that ... wearing a mask just to make others feel better about being afraid ... not a very wholistically healthy approach ... so people that refuse to wear masks when they are healthy ... that is what we need more of not less of ... many of us are tired of playing the 'sick' game and we have evidence 50 ways to Sunday to back us up. Here is my latest 'evidence' ... you can read it or not ... but none of you here have any grounds whatsoever to disrespect my choices. I can provide numerous studies as well citing the adverse affects of mask wearing but I doubt anyone will even read this one so. I will leave it here for now.

The CDC’s Mask Mandate Study: DEBUNKED Paul E. Alexander
– March 4, 2021 Reading Time: 9 minutes

Paul E. Alexander received his bachelor’s degree in epidemiology from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, a master’s degree from Oxford University, and a PhD from McMaster University’s Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence, and Impact.'

Blind cc'd in case of non-censoring non-banning deletion.

Last edited:
Ya know, rita, I get "hills we're willing to die for". I even understand, and from a personal POV, your struggle with vaccination. Anecdotal evidence is strong with vaccination side effects.

But your objection to masking, is so trivial, so not a hill to die for, that you undermine your own credibility. It's also oxymoronic.

It's like "don't mask because it might inconvenience you a bit" and "don't vaccinate because it might kill you" have never met each other.

It is not even dissent that you are not allowing anymore ... it has moved past marginalizing or moving my posts to just deleting them. It does not upset me as much as it baffles me. People here speculate on almost everything more than they provide any evidence ... when I take exception to that my posts are ridiculed removed or reprimanded.

I am managing it ... and so far I have avoided being banned. I will not waste more time with this in this thread.

Moving right along...

And I am getting even more tired of the BS that masks are mandatory to stop the spread.

If your 'leader' said tomorrow that masking in stores was no longer necessary (by magic of the rules changed again) would the owner of the store you work in continue to enforce it? No one should have been expected to enforce it in the first place ... no matter what age they are.

Masks should never have been mandated for healthy people in the general public, especially children, ever.

And that is all he had to say. He does not have to wear a mask by law. Any one that tries to force him to is liable to be sued if he decides to go that route. Further to that ... wearing a mask just to make others feel better about being afraid ... not a very wholistically healthy approach ... so people that refuse to wear masks when they are healthy ... that is what we need more of not less of ... many of us are tired of playing the 'sick' game and we have evidence 50 ways to Sunday to back us up. Here is my latest 'evidence' ... you can read it or not ... but none of you here have any grounds whatsoever to disrespect my choices. I can provide numerous studies as well citing the adverse affects of mask wearing but I doubt anyone will even read this one so. I will leave it here for now.

The CDC’s Mask Mandate Study: DEBUNKED Paul E. Alexander
– March 4, 2021 Reading Time: 9 minutes

Paul E. Alexander received his bachelor’s degree in epidemiology from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, a master’s degree from Oxford University, and a PhD from McMaster University’s Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence, and Impact.'

Blind cc'd in case of non-censoring non-banning deletion.
Hahaha! I knew Paul Alexander's name sounded familiar. Just today it was reported that Alexander broke a report embargo and leaked information to the US Government, while under Trump, regarding a report on Hydrozychloroqine. The findings, including the ones he leaked, do not indicate that Hydrozychloroqine is effective for treating covid, and do state that it can have potentially dangerous side effects! Still DEBUNKED. But he left his job at McMaster and took a job with the US government last summer, trying to tell Fauci what to say on behalf of Trump. Anyway, he's a Trump "shill" (I know that word is popular with some).

There's also the possibility he was vaccinated elsewhere- Northern communities or another country. He should make himself aware of the laws though and follow them. I have seen articles that state things like if vaccinated sure go ahead and remove the mask for visiting in someone's home. I wish there would be the caveat to follow local laws plus check what others are comfortable with.

CTV
Hahaha! I knew Paul Alexander's name sounded familiar. Just today it was reported that Alexander broke a report embargo and leaked information to the US Government, while under Trump, regarding a report on Hydrozychloroqine. The findings, including the ones he leaked, do not indicate that Hydrozychloroqine is effective for treating covid, and do state that it can have potentially dangerous side effects! Still DEBUNKED. But he left his job at McMaster and took a job with the US government last summer, trying to tell Fauci what to say on behalf of Trump. Anyway, he's a Trump "shill" (I know that word is popular with some).

Hahaha! I knew nobody would read the article on it's own merit. I read your smear article which really did not say much at all to discredit Paul Alexander to my reading of it. It was a CTV smear attempt but I am used to reading between the lines of those.

No matter ... I have known for quite sometime that no matter what certification I provide to support my 'scientific' evaluation of the situation at hand ... there will be a counter narrative to get persons that are not at all interested in reading anything for themselves. As I have said many times before ... this can go around and round forever so let us just stick with the law ... mandatory masking is against the law. That is why Bette has to allow for non-maskers in her store whether she likes it or not. I have not been inside a 'mandatory mask' space for over 2 months now ... because In all good conscience ... I know that wearing a mask as a pretense to good will towards all men is counter intuitive to actually being 'socially' responsible. The sooner people understand that masking does not need to be mandatory the better. It's never going to happen if everyone keeps complying for the sake of complying. It is not healthy and I am not going to pretend it is. Ancedotely ... 90 percent of the people that I talk to agree that they are just doing it to appease the fearful and not because they have any faith that it makes good health sense.

Anecdotal evidence is strong with vaccination side effects.

But your objection to masking, is so trivial, so not a hill to die for, that you undermine your own credibility. It's also oxymoronic.
Ancedotal evidence is far stronger for vaccination beneficial effects.

I don't care about your ancedotal claim that you are less symptomatic when you get 'the flu' shot than when you don't.

I have seen the damage that vaccination can and does do ... ancedotally and medically documented cases.

It is not worth the risk for many of us. That should be respected.

My objection to masking is based on evidence that is more harmful than beneficial when mandated in the public square. I am not the one dying on this hill that you keep bringing up. You are the one complaining about how much you have had to sacrifice by following the mask rules when others just won't do it for you. You can wear as many masks as you want for as long as you want ... I am not trying to stop you ... you might want to stop complaining about how hard it is though. It just makes me more inclined to favor my intuition that it is probably not healthy for any of us.

CTV

Hahaha! I knew nobody would read the article on it's own merit. I read your smear article which really did not say much at all to discredit Paul Alexander to my reading of it. It was a CTV smear attempt but I am used to reading between the lines of those.

No matter ... I have known for quite sometime that no matter what certification I provide to support my 'scientific' evaluation of the situation at hand ... there will be a counter narrative to get persons that are not at all interested in reading anything for themselves. As I have said many times before ... this can go around and round forever so let us just stick with the law ... mandatory masking is against the law. That is why Bette has to allow for non-maskers in her store whether she likes it or not. I have not been inside a 'mandatory mask' space for over 2 months now ... because In all good conscience ... I know that wearing a mask as a pretense to good will towards all men is counter intuitive to actually being 'socially' responsible. The sooner people understand that masking does not need to be mandatory the better. It's never going to happen if everyone keeps complying for the sake of complying. It is not healthy and I am not going to pretend it is. Ancedotely ... 90 percent of the people that I talk to agree that they are just doing it to appease the fearful and not because they have any faith that it makes good health sense.
Maybe you ought to start talking to some different people. And listening to different people.

CTV

It wasn't a smear. It's facts. It states what happened, who Paul Alexander is - that he was no longer affiliated with McMaster since he went to work for the US government last summer.

He took a job with the Trump regime to help Trump save face for promoting erroneous information. He left McMaster to work for Trump's interests. If you want to talk about "government authority" misinforming you - there it is. The report he leaked doesn't back up the use of hydroxychloroquine but he tried to spin it positively - for a foolish looking president who would appreciate being told something he wants to hear for his own sake - and he got hired. That's how it looks to me.

Last edited:
It wasn't a smear. It states what happened, who Paul Alexander is - that he was no longer affiliated with McMaster since he went to work for the US government last summer.

He took a job with the Trump regime to help Trump save face for promoting erroneous information. He left McMaster to work for Trump's interests. If you want to talk about "government authority" misinforming you - there it is.
Nope ... that is media Trumping up the useful idiots that will now half wittingly deny any support to the use of the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine ... which they are still using in 'smarter' cultures to good effect. But hey 50 years of evidence is just flushed down the toilet if Trump happens to validate it. Cuz ... the Fauci science ... who also works for the US government if I am not mistaken ... and has some vested interests in promoting vaccination above prevention ... well his 'word' is good as gold ... skip the science.

Scientific training or credentials mean not a lot if their views and inquiry have become politicized.

Dr. Martin Kulldorff of Harvard’s Medical School has recently commented on the present Covid-19 scientific and research environment by stating, “After 300 years, the Age of Enlightenment has ended.”

Sadly, I must agree, that it’s not just that the age of enlightenment has come to an end, but indeed, that the science itself has been politicized and severely corrupted.

Nope ... that is media Trumping up the useful idiots that will now half wittingly deny any support to the use of the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine ... which they are still using in 'smarter' cultures to good effect. But hey 50 years of evidence is just flushed down the toilet if Trump happens to validate it. Cuz ... the Fauci science ... who also works for the US government if I am not mistaken ... and has some vested interests in promoting vaccination above prevention ... well his 'word' is good as gold ... skip the science.

Scientific training or credentials mean not a lot if their views and inquiry have become politicized.

Dr. Martin Kulldorff of Harvard’s Medical School has recently commented on the present Covid-19 scientific and research environment by stating, “After 300 years, the Age of Enlightenment has ended.”

Sadly, I must agree, that it’s not just that the age of enlightenment has come to an end, but indeed, that the science itself has been politicized and severely corrupted.
You believe all the wrong news. You are clearly partisan to some crazy right wing disinformation. You have been for awhile. My eyes glaze over at what you say.

The places you get this misinformation and disinformation from are useful idiots for the far right - and because of that, they don't even know they're useful to the far right right.

Last edited:
I did read your article Rita. He disagrees with the studies done by the CDC. He disagrees with the methods and the results.

I didn’t find his evidence convincing

do masks help? Perhaps, perhaps not. do they harm? Of course not. Surgical masks have been worn by medical staff, dental staff, lab staff for decades. They don’t harm. Surgical masks protect both the nurse who is doing treatment on a patient from said patient and they protect the patient from any gems coming from said nurse

as for children. Why do you think children are being hurt by masks. Children are in school. Socially distanced to an extent, as far as children can be. They are wearing masks and fine

from today’s Star. A protest in Sweden about Covid restrictions

so Sweden tried their experiment with no rules about Covid. Sweden a country of 10 million has had 13,000 deaths. Compared to Canada, 35 million with 22,000 deaths. And compared to its neighbours Denmark, Norway and Finland, which together have less than 4000 deaths

but now people, even though surely they can see their terrible results compared to its neighbours or a similar climate country like Canada, are unhappy about being told to wear masks and take other precautions?

NS is doing a really good job in contact tracing. Potentially, that is the reason why they don’t want to pull staff to become busy with prioritizing? Staff in small option homes are in the second priority group. The prospect is to have every Nova Scotian vaccinated by the end of June

Back