Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

the above article covers a case of sexual assault at one of the quarantine hotels in Montreal by a man who was supposed to be security

the other sexual assault was a man who was checking on home quarantine people

i would not have expected this and yet it makes a twisted sort of sense. If you are a predator what better job can you get than one where vulnerable women are kept under lock and key. Horrible

the above article covers a case of sexual assault at one of the quarantine hotels in Montreal by a man who was supposed to be security

i would not have expected this and yet it makes a twisted sort of sense. If you are a predator what better job can you get than one where vulnerable women are kept under lock and key. Horrible
Your link is broken. Here's the link to the story on CBC's site.

And an investigation and better vetting of quarantine staff is definitely in order. Suspending the whole program? Not sure if two incidents merits going that far, but if they really can't protect people in quarantine, then perhaps.

It is a strange story. Thanks for fixing the link

The Star has a column today. They do this occasionally. Ask you to write in about a specific thing. Pets, grief, parents.......

today the title is. What is the last normal thing you did before Covid?

it’s a tricky question. What was the last thing you did? Before Covid? Well we watched Covid in China and then Italy with borrow before it came here. But those days still felt pretty normal

my Last normal thing would be last March, in Florida. On Wednesday March 11, I went to an 80th birthday party for a Canadian friend at our golf course. People kind of chuckled about keeping distance, not hugging. But no one was actually worried I don’t think. I had a glass of wine and went home to my dog. Hubby was in Toronto. Had been to the ballet and skiing with daughter. He flew to Florida Friday. But the ballet had been cancelled Thursday night. The news got worse on that Thursday and Friday and by the time I picked him up Friday I knew we had to dash for home

almost a year ago

what about you guys. Do you remember your post Covid life?

I don’t see too much difference from the risk of being a single woman in a regular hotel. Maybe there is less traffic in the hallways in front of your room, but in any hotel, someone could knock and force his way into the room.
Was there a slower reaction time because security had to put on PPE?
To question the whole program because of that soesn’t make sense.

Pre-COVID life wasn't really normal for me. I was still recovering from a biopsy. Christmas that year I did see my family but I was very wiped out. I was sitting a lot, not getting up a lot to get things. I could get up, but it was hard. New Years Eve I went to the grocery store - first time in a long time. I wasn't picking up items and placing them in the cart, I wasn't pushing the cart and it really was too much. The store had no courtesy scooters or even benches for a place to sit. I remember really wishing we were at walmart instead - as I have gone and sat down while Chemguy has finished. I didn't even trust myself to get to the vehicle on my own, because that has been something I have done when feeling unwell before. It wasn't even a long shopping trip! I must have seen the nephews at least once before March after that but nothing stands out.

Day to day not much has changed, so a lot of 'normal' is still happening.

I don’t see too much difference from the risk of being a single woman in a regular hotel. Maybe there is less traffic in the hallways in front of your room, but in any hotel, someone could knock and force his way into the room.
Was there a slower reaction time because security had to put on PPE?
To question the whole program because of that soesn’t make sense.
Unless expecting someone though, I would be unlikely to open the door. When expecting security, that's different.

Me last pre-covid activity? I returned from 2 weeks in Germany, where my mother had been in hospital and went to work the next day, February 27 th or so. Me colleague, who had vacation the week before March break and the week of March break, returned early because of the recommendations to return to Canada and had to quarantine for two weeks. Yes, NS had that rule as of Mid March and still does.

My last year before covid wasn't normal for me. I was poisoned, slashed and burned (chemo, surgery and radiation). My last radiation was in January and I was looking forward to a more normal life. I was slowly regaining my strength and was feeling better.

I suppose my year before covid helped me prepare for a one day at a time, acceptance approach to life.

I'm looking forward to more freedom

That’s horrific! Yeah, I think they need to suspend the program until they get better safety protocols in place. Getting sexually assaulted by a security guard in a hotel you’re trapped in for 2 weeks, or becoming seriously ill with covid. The former might mean lifelong trauma for those women.

My life hasn’t changed drastically because of covid, I guess. I wasn’t exactly a social butterfly in the few years before it either. But it’d be nice to spend a few weekends in Vancouver sometime, see if I still want to live there, and then maybe look around for something. It’s interfering with several goals or dreams of possibilities I might have...couldn’t do anything with them even if I had the “get up n’ go” for them. I think that’s what’s bothering me. Everything on hold.

It is a strange story. Thanks for fixing the link

The Star has a column today. They do this occasionally. Ask you to write in about a specific thing. Pets, grief, parents.......

today the title is. What is the last normal thing you did before Covid?

it’s a tricky question. What was the last thing you did? Before Covid? Well we watched Covid in China and then Italy with borrow before it came here. But those days still felt pretty normal

my Last normal thing would be last March, in Florida. On Wednesday March 11, I went to an 80th birthday party for a Canadian friend at our golf course. People kind of chuckled about keeping distance, not hugging. But no one was actually worried I don’t think. I had a glass of wine and went home to my dog. Hubby was in Toronto. Had been to the ballet and skiing with daughter. He flew to Florida Friday. But the ballet had been cancelled Thursday night. The news got worse on that Thursday and Friday and by the time I picked him up Friday I knew we had to dash for home

almost a year ago

what about you guys. Do you remember your post Covid life?
Same, early to mid-March, a family member’s small birthday party. We spent much of it chatting in their living room about this new coronavirus thing. We talked about covid (it was still just being called coronavirus) and how overblown everything was getting here, it seemed. I remember mentioning that a staff person took my name down to use a public restroom in Tim Horton’s ...everybody thought that was weird. Someone else told jokes about toilet paper.

Last edited:
There's been official acknowledgement that cases are increasing since some restrictions were relaxed - dine in being one. Will find out on Monday if they will ease more, which I don't understand considering at this point. Cases aren't stable, 400 new ones now could be 600 new ones in a few weeks, etc.

Decision was to move onto an amended step 2, so not as loose as what step 2 was announced to be earlier. I still don't think it's a great idea but better where we could be. I do find all of these labels to be a bit ridiculous. It's like they keep restarting with what's allowed and not.
By May I fully expected lots of fluctuations in terms of restrictions. I figured though they would keep phase 1, 2, 3, 4 and then edit them as more is learned. But no it's like every set of adding/removing is entirely new. I find that odd.

Face it; little is known about what we're doing because of primal desires to keep as much to the self as possible ... material desires can even corrupt emotional-intellectual domains!

May be due to intimate connections and discussion going on in mysterious places ... within the head mans high rheum as drippings!

Wax & old as ancient stuff beats me ... isolation and triad separation may be the anonymous exit ... mysteriously ... a' voidation!

Psssst'd ... and something similar to that and they were gone ... simple as a myth ... and no one knew!

The more you study it ... the more you realize how large the unknown void gets ... expanding hole in the head ... mon that's ruag!

LGK suggested this was trance-like ... psychosis of a different kind from those that just dip there and make a mess!

Last edited:
Ugh listening to the update about the distinction of low intensity - people are very much going to take advantage of this I'm sure.

Sorry exercise. Indoor low intensity group exercise is allowed high intensity in groups is not. That seems like way too tough of a rule to enforce.

BC has had that rule for some time, or at least a variation of it. It seems to be working to reduce spread.

Back