Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

That we know of. It they are quick to say it is more infectious. Logically that should mean different restrictions
Or at the very least different contract tracing minimums. The 15 min isn't a restriction here it's part of the criteria to determine if one was a close contact. I felt like that was silly to start with. Briefly passing someone I understand not considering that high risk. If I'm having a 5 minute conversation while standing close with someone though? Seems risky enough to get tested if they are positive. Even moreso until we know more about the new variants.

I am happy to see the numbers herecdrop. I think the jan peak we saw was from people who broke rules and delayed testing thinking probably a cold - then decided to go in when the symptoms stuck around. No data to really support that just my suspicions. I really hope with school back in cases don't increase.

There was a contribution on the radio this morning about the lack of oxygen in the worlds hospitals. Question to @Mendalla : If a hospital has power, why can’t they use O2 concentrators like people here have at home? I know they can produce only up to?6 litres, but one or two together might be enough for some of the Covid patients and possibly prevent them from getting worse.

There was a contribution on the radio this morning about the lack of oxygen in the worlds hospitals. Question to @Mendalla : If a hospital has power, why can’t they use O2 concentrators like people here have at home? I know they can produce only up to?6 litres, but one or two together might be enough for some of the Covid patients and possibly prevent them from getting worse.
That was an option some of them looked at for offsite COVID wards, but I have never heard of any using them onsite. I know supply was an issue in the spring but I think that has been resolved now AFAIK. So you would need to ask someone, maybe a hospital RRT.

I would suspect the issue of in line oxygen has to do with line pressure. Ventilators need a certain level of pressure to function. Different ventilators require different levels of pressure. So they get that from the lines in the walls which are under pressure from the power plant somewhere in the basement of the hospital

that is a different requirement than the flow of oxygen that you would use through a mask, cpap of nasal canula

That was an option some of them looked at for offsite COVID wards, but I have never heard of any using them onsite. I know supply was an issue in the spring but I think that has been resolved now AFAIK. So you would need to ask someone, maybe a hospital RRT.
And maybe with covid one is going so fast from short of breath to the ventilator stage that it would not be helpful.

And maybe with covid one is going so fast from short of breath to the ventilator stage that it would not be helpful.
We have a lot of COVID patients on home oxygen. Some are recovering and some are less severe ones that they are trying to keep out of hospital. They would all be on concentrators or maybe liquid O2.

We have a lot of COVID patients on home oxygen. Some are recovering and some are less severe ones that they are trying to keep out of hospital. They would all be on concentrators or maybe liquid O2.
The report was more about shortage in countries like Brazil, or Pakinstan, where nurses were pleading online to other counties to help as people were dying all around them due to the lack of available O2. But they were only talking about the portable tanks. They also said that industrial O2 could be used if there was nothing else.
They interviewed a famous Pakistani comedian who got sick and had the money to turn his home into his own private hospital room with O2, who said he would very likely have had long term damage if he hadn’t had the means to but his own O2.

Germany has had a strong lockdown since after Christmas. Their incidents rate ( infected people per 100 000 residents) was over 200 at the time. Now its under 100. The aim is 50 or under. Lockdown works.

Even to the confinement of irrational thoughts that may emerge as emotional outbursts ... mental fracturing?

Thus demi urges and demi Moors ... dirt laid out and covered by Peat in Celt myth ...

Psyche does not function well without adequate stories myths and ballads to encourage bounce ... great booty?

...in the US...though I imagine there are parallels here.
In NS, staff at small option homes and in Nursing homes as well as in home care were one of the first ones to be vaccinated. Actually, my friend working at L’Arche homes got theirs before me ( and I would potentially be working with Covid patients if there were any in my hospital).Considering the limited supply at the moment, that seems to me the smarter solution to prevent the spread. Once there are more vaccinations available, I have no doubt that the vulnerable would be vaccinated themselves next.

I believe all we disabled by thoughts should up and exit ... thus supporting light intelligence and cognizance that is out of here ... OBI?

Where are those against going some ... to smarten up about the human pickle ... as we fight for preservation? Thus soulis Kahn'd ... and disturbance rules the fluid populace.

Some call it chaos, others Confucius state and other suppose with anarchy ... still a public mass on the move! The integral power chitz ...

Got to admit it adds to fecundity ... and fertility rites abound like rabid ... the bait being set by bunnies that are even unaware ... according to the rule of naivete! Stewed or what ... PID?

Canada is ranked 61/80 countries in dealing with Covid

our Vaccination is per capita are 1/5 if the USA.

but Trudeau is on top of it. Rest assured

Rest ... it is the only way out of virtue ... or maybe that is reciprocated and backward of me! Non existentialism? Out of here ...

I think that this forgets that health care is regulated by the Provinces. So all that can be blamed federally, is that he didn’t get the Provinces to unify in their actions. The spread of the virus depends on the contact between people. There was never a regulation for quarantining people coming from other provinces in the western parts of Canada, while Eastern Canada was successful with that.
Germany had similar problems, but finally around Christmas, Merkel was able to get all Provinces at one table and introduce a stronger lockdown, resulting in the incident rate getting down to 100 from 200 in four weeks.
There is a lot of hope put on vaccinating everybody, but did we really think that all those billions of doses for the whole world could be produced within a month without problems?

All folk have dreams ... even if many are indeterminate or abstract ... going against the absolutely fixated on the spots! So it ghost ... gow est?

I think that this forgets that health care is regulated by the Provinces. So all that can be blamed federally, is that he didn’t get the Provinces to unify in their actions.
But that's a huge problem. Canadian federalism works best with a strong federal leader who can get the provinces to the table to get things done. Like, say, his father. Trudeau has basically sat back and thrown up his hands and said "the provinces are in charge."

Trudeau has not made a single serious effort that I have seen to create a cohesive national strategy. He should be having monthly federal-provincial meetings and maybe throwing his weight around a bit.

And there's a lot more that could have been done federally. They control the airlines and railroads and yet they largely let the companies run things until this week. Air Canada was blasting me constantly with spam trying to get me to fly in spite of the government's recommendations not to. I ended up unsubbing their mailing list for the first time in years.

And the feds are in charge of the vaccine supply which, as we are seeing, is not going well. Yes, some of the provinces and local health units dropped the ball on the actual vaccination programs, but there's also a huge issue with lack of vaccine that is not getting any better. Pretty clearly, those contracts were riddled with escape clauses letting the pharmas off the hook if they didn't make target.

So, yeah, there's provincial level problems, too. But I see a distinct lack of strong leadership in Ottawa as part of the problem. He's a follower, not a leader, as far as I can tell.

Didn't vote Liberal the last two elections, and he has certainly done nothing to change that.

Back