Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Could it be this simple? A cholesterol drug that makes Covid 19 go away in 5 days? Further studies are still taking place but if this is true there would be no need for a vaccine and Covid would be reduced to be as common as a cold.

On the other hand, is a treatment like this safe for someone like me who has very low total cholesterol already? My HDL/LDL ratio is a bit wonky, but my total cholesterol is often at or near the bottom of the reference range and lowering it would potentially put me off the chart.

Still, it would be very interesting if a common, readily available drug could do the job. Is it still in patent protection? My one worry would be that if it is, some pharma exec would go, "Cool, time to hike the price." Think of what "pharm bro" Martin Shkreli (one of those guys who went out of his way to give capitalism a bad name) pulled with Daraprim. But if generics are available, that becomes pretty much impossible.

Then there are those of us that statins knock right flat ... the muscles fail to operate due to some rheumatic disorder (likely a complexity with the mitochondrial gates either agonist or antagonist ... separate from anti-agonist).

All contributes to the mysticism of why we know so little ... some believe this aesthetic! Tis a beauty of loss ... rites?

By rites never present pure intelligence ... as some dark force demands mysteriously that intelligence must be subtle in the stories ... to avoid exceptionally powerful histories as nemesis!

It may be material of the lesser power ... contrived as thought ... immaterial to the gross desires about avoiding literacy skills!

The latter may go round ...

Could it be this simple? A cholesterol drug that makes Covid 19 go away in 5 days? Further studies are still taking place but if this is true there would be no need for a vaccine and Covid would be reduced to be as common as a cold.

Honestly, this source doesn’t seem very much scientific. Here is their disclaimer:
Knowridge Science Report offers all articles to the public at no charge. Contents on Knowridge Science Report are for educational and entertaining purposes only. Knowridge Science Report is not intended to provide medical or other professional advice. All views and opinions expressed in the articles and videos do not reflect those of Knowridge Science Report.
I am wondering how much fact checking they are actually doing.

Honestly, this source doesn’t seem very much scientific. Here is their disclaimer:
Knowridge Science Report offers all articles to the public at no charge. Contents on Knowridge Science Report are for educational and entertaining purposes only. Knowridge Science Report is not intended to provide medical or other professional advice. All views and opinions expressed in the articles and videos do not reflect those of Knowridge Science Report.
I read their reviews before posting too....but most were positive. So I encourage others to check out the site to their own satisfaction like you did.

Here are some other sites:

Here are some other sites:

Looking super quickly - Tissue studies are vastly different than human studies. Something to look into potential claims are likely exaggerated.

What's at issue here alternate to the meat of the question ... who lied about what they knew and didn't know about falsifications?

Lies are freely spread as encouraged by leading AD's and AD men! Divine the truth in an advertisement ...

In NB there is a rumor that folk will mislead you about their contact with victims, travel, etc.

Can you imagine this given the virtues in all kinds of leadership: church, government and mercenary organizations! Business as normal ...

Can't see it? Must be the blinded Eire ... then who understands Eire?

A Halifax Realtor has been suspended for a month and fined for showing a client a home when that person had come from outside Atlantic Canada and wasn’t following the quarantine rules. The Realtor knew that the client has arrived the day before the showing.“The violation resulted from an investigation of a complaint from a member of the public.
You can say- we have become a society where neighbours “ tattle” about their neighbours. But this is why Nova Scotias infection numbers are still low. In larger cities, where people don’t exercise that kind of social control, breaking the rules is too easy. The other side of this is that people also care and help out.

A Halifax Realtor has been suspended for a month and fined for showing a client a home when that person had come from outside Atlantic Canada and wasn’t following the quarantine rules. The Realtor knew that the client has arrived the day before the showing.“The violation resulted from an investigation of a complaint from a member of the public.
You can say- we have become a society where neighbours “ tattle” about their neighbours. But this is why Nova Scotias infection numbers are still low. In larger cities, where people don’t exercise that kind of social control, breaking the rules is too easy. The other side of this is that people also care and help out.

Always two side of the de baiting ... regardless of what bean phished ... give it a quick jerk and someone will thrash about in opposition! It is best if you don't understand ... cause people are just trouble ... take it from as hole ... the pits!

My grandfather used to say never trouble trouble or Yule be bothered by the report that goes in the log ... Ire?

You can say- we have become a society where neighbours “ tattle” about their neighbours.
Governments have encouraged people to become vigilantes, setting snitch lines that have been flooded with reports of people failing to obey the latest revised social distancing and “stepping outside your damn house” mandates.

Happily, not everyone is bowing.

Unfortunately, there is no official data to track trends in the number of snitches nationwide.

After so many months of lockdowns and shocking degrees of economic and social carnage, millions have decided that there surely must be some rationale for all the insanity and have signed on to become enforcers themselves ...

Even (perhaps especially) when the rules make no sense at all.

I wonder how many years before many people can think clearly and rationally again.

Man you must be a bitter unhappy woman Rita. :confused:

Our province has not encouraged people to snitch. I suspect it's not the only one.

Governments have encouraged people to become vigilantes, setting snitch lines that have been flooded with reports of people failing to obey the latest revised social distancing and “stepping outside your damn house” mandates.

Happily, not everyone is bowing.

Unfortunately, there is no official data to track trends in the number of snitches nationwide.

After so many months of lockdowns and shocking degrees of economic and social carnage, millions have decided that there surely must be some rationale for all the insanity and have signed on to become enforcers themselves ...

Even (perhaps especially) when the rules make no sense at all.

I wonder how many years before many people can think clearly and rationally again.
I knew that would be your reaction. Surprisingly ( or not) that is coming from someone who is against government institutions regulating people’s behavior. Which only leaves people regulating eachother. Which in this case has happened as people made sure that the Realtors regulatory body ( which is made up of Realtors) is aware of one of them putting others at risk. Your whole concept of only doing what you yourself accept what is right for yourself stops working as soon as there are more than one person living on the planet.

Are snitch line for transporting truths or or harmful lies to advantage the opportunist?

This is a 2 way street given unreserved freedom without responsible inhibitions where appropriate ... alsa few know better because of the hatred for intellect! Rare form for the elect to grasp to get out while they are Able ... thus he was lost after the Canaan Cross!

It seems to be not literal ... almost a literary skill requirig much depth of reading ... guess who with their fans don't read intuit? Too abstract!

Leaves me with vertigoes and wobbling in the trees ... too much info ... I'm said to be simple! Lowered have mercy on the sin Eire ...

See depends on how the spell is enforced ... nere as bad as believed and you're out (from under the hex)! Hex tain't as bad as formerly believed ... while in that tunnel vision with Plato, Socrates being gone too!

I have a question that I haven’t see a answer for.

the new variants, from both Brazil and the UK are here. Community transmission is happening. We are told it is 50-75% more transmissible.

so what guidelines have changed to account for that. I can’t find any. Health Canada and provinces continue to say stay home, wash hands, wear masks, 15 minutes near someone has a risk of spreading.
but how can it still be 15 minutes? If it is so infectious what are the new rules. Wear a mask and don’t be near another person for more than five minutes? No minutes?
why have they not given any new guidelines for this more infectious version

the new variants, from both Brazil and the UK are here. Community transmission is happening. We are told it is 50-75% more transmissible.

so what guidelines have changed to account for that. I can’t find any. Health Canada and provinces continue to say stay home, wash hands, wear masks, 15 minutes near someone has a risk of spreading.
but how can it still be 15 minutes? If it is so infectious what are the new rules. Wear a mask and don’t be near another person for more than five minutes? No minutes?
Because there is, as of yet, no science on those new variants to suggest whether new guidelines are needed or what they should be. They are getting stricter about masking in workplaces and we tightened our mask rules at work in response.

Germany is changing the rules quickly. Schools staying closed because the amount of infected but no- symptoms you g people will be greater. I believe Britain also has the schools still closed.
Germany required people to wear medical or N95 masked in stores and public transportation. Which will be a financial burden on some people, so they are also making decisions about financial support for low income people to assist with acquiring masks or getting free masks.

Back