Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I am frustrated for small businesses. I get that governments need to do something. It when they seem to have totally stopped contact tracing I don’t think they have any data to make decisions. Restaurants that are struggling but have spent tons of money to beef up protocols are shut down. Are they risky spots? No one knows

small stores that were operating safely. Two customers at a time. Lots of precautions. They are shut down. Wallmart is open though. They sell food. As well as stuff. It’s awful for these small businesses. I can’t imagine the stress

if they could say. Yes. 20% of cases come from restaurants. Or hair salons or small boutiques I would still want them to close the two that have trouble and leave the others open. But they don’t seem to be able to say anything other than most cases are in long term care homes. So nothing changed from March. Honestly it is criminal

Most COVID-19 'related' deaths in Manitoba are linked to hospital and care home outbreaks ...

Manitoba currently has the strictest 'code red' measures of all of Canada.

If Manitobans do see instances of people not following the public health orders, they are asked to call 204-945-3744 or 1-866-626-4862.

This is where we are at.

This is where we are at.

It seems ludicrous that every province is crafting its own plans, and standards, and decisions. Would it not have been possible to run this by daily Zoom conferences between Dr. Tam and the provincial/territorial Medical Health Officers?

It seems ludicrous that every province is crafting its own plans, and standards, and decisions. Would it not have been possible to run this by daily Zoom conferences between Dr. Tam and the provincial/territorial Medical Health Officers?
Alberta now has a mask mandate - for Calgary and Edmonton and areas. Not for other zones with high COVID rates. Attitudes based there I'm sure.
Doing cross Canada standards sounds difficult, unless they were bare minimum.

It seems ludicrous that every province is crafting its own plans, and standards, and decisions
AND WHEREAS the Governor in Council, in taking such special temporary measures, would be subject to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Bill of Rights and must have regard to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, particularly with respect to those fundamental rights that are not to be limited or abridged even in a national emergency.

NOW THEREFORE, Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:

This Act may be cited as the Emergencies Act.

DAVID NABARRO
: I want to say it again: we in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of control of this virus. [. . .] We may well have a doubling of world poverty by early next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition because children are not getting meals at school and their parents and poor families are not able to afford it.

This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually. And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other. But remember, lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.

Sure it would. But you still have every province crafting its own plans and standards, or at least you would have some insisting on going their own way. The Kenney government, for instance, clearly has no intention of listening to Ottawa on anything, including COVID. And Quebec would go on being Quebec. So at most it would be a sharing of experiences that might influence each province's individual plans and standards.

DAVID NABARRO: I want to say it again: we in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of control of this virus. [. . .] We may well have a doubling of world poverty by early next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition because children are not getting meals at school and their parents and poor families are not able to afford it.

This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually. And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other. But remember, lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.
What David Naborro REALLY said:

Last edited:
What David Naborro REALLY said:
at 25.14 ...
"I want to say it again: we in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of control of this virus."
"[. . .]"
and at 25.54 ...

"We may well have a doubling of world poverty by early next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition because children are not getting meals at school and their parents and poor families are not able to afford it.

This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually. And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other. But remember, lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer."

Word for word ... David Naborro REALLY said that.

Listen for yourself.

at 25.14 ...
"I want to say it again: we in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as a primary means of control of this virus."
"[. . .]"
and at 25.54 ...

"We may well have a doubling of world poverty by early next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition because children are not getting meals at school and their parents and poor families are not able to afford it.

This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe, actually. And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other. But remember, lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer."

Word for word ... David Naborro REALLY said that.

Listen for yourself.
Take the time to read the article I posted......you're taking it out of context.

And how do you Dr @Ritafee suggest be the response?
Nothing I say and no amount of 'collateral' deaths will matter to those who have already decided that they are right and virtuous for advocating locking vast swathes of the human population inside their own homes in the name of slowing the spread of a disease that will kill less than one percent of the not otherwise infected.

Yes, slowing the spread, not stopping the spread.

This was never about stopping a pandemic.

But somehow that has been forgotten and “15 days to flatten the curve” has turned into a never-ending carte blanche for the biosecurity state to implement any number of draconian policies on its population, any number of policies on the checklist of the would-be dictators.

Not only locking people inside their own homes, but constant surveillance of the population through the contact tracing and tracking apps that are increasingly being implemented around the globe, and, inevitably, the proposals for mandating the experimental vaccines which agents of the state will forcibly inject into people against their will.

This is not acceptable to me.

An important part of what makes us human is being taken away from us in the name of stopping the spread of one virus.

For those of us who have managed to retain their sanity in the time of insanity the plan is not complicated.

No need for special deputization or to ask permission from the government.

No need to join any particular political party or even any particular protest movement.

Now those advocating for lockdowns have seen the destruction and collateral deaths of despair that those policies have wrought this year and we are living through that right now. Not only are people being deprived of their livelihoods and forced into grinding poverty as a direct result of these shutdowns, but now the undeniable truth is that if you are advocating for lockdowns, you are advocating for some portion of the population to be consigned to death related to the lockdowns not 'the virus'.

This is no longer debatable.

letter signed by hundreds of doctors calling the lockdowns themselves a “mass casualty incident”

thousands of people will die because of delays to cancer surgery treatments as a result of the medical shutdowns.

75,000 Americans are expected to die deaths of despair—including alcohol and drug misuse and suicide—this year alone as a result of the lockdowns.

265 million people are expected to be thrown into severe food insecurity as a result of these lockdowns.

125,000 children are expected to die from malnutrition as a result of these lockdowns.

Many, many people all around the world are defying orders.

They are protesting against these lockdowns.

They are standing up.

They are disobeying.

Disobedience is an option.

I support that option.

I will not be an advocate for lock downs around a threat that is being blown out of all proportion.

I will not be complicit in tearing families apart.

I will not be complicit in inflicting untold suffering on millions of people around the world.

I will not be complicit in casting the poorest and most vulnerable into further grinding poverty.

I will not be complicit in murder.

I have made my decision as to which side of history I will be on ... based on 'all the evidence'.

You will have to decide for yourself.

Under the premise of the Zero Sum Rule ... doubling of world poverty has to be good for someone ... right?

Go figure who gains ...

And big stores operating on narrow margins is as dream ... I had a manager from one of the huge chains say his administrators would deal with nothing that didn't give an 85% profit margin and preferred 95% ... this allowed top line administrators to take huge commissions and cut wages to the bottom line. The bottom line gives rise to the Zero Sum ... when the greater thing collapses due to foresight regarding reality ... have voir du poies ... rendered as avoir deux peas ... and some can wonder who is being peed upon by the myth!

Always support the greater good ... and you will know who is bad in the eyes of the greater! Lentils then ... small seed ...

“But if we fail to dance, we’re going to have to hammer.”

We have danced and they are still hammering. It's not working.
Unfortunately you are determined to undermine the efforts needed to stop the lockdowns.
As Northwind asked above......what is your alternative idea? And I would really like to see you post an answer for that question?

Unfortunately you are determined to undermine the efforts needed to stop the lockdowns.
As Northwind asked above......what is your alternative idea? And I would really like to see you post an answer for that question?

Common sense?????????

How naive of me in the perspective of the alternate to truth ... truth being a difficult thing!

May be found at the foot of the bed with the unshaw'd ... some grabbing and gripping may be expected as the shades descend ...

Yet some still expect to be bound and bonded ... and half of the deux will be gotten round ... like fruit on a stick in the metaphor ... heh stacked understanding right down to the last straw! There's a myth hidden in there somewhere ...

Common sense appears bonded to the demos, bohemian, or other prickly population when they become aware of the greater good of the wealthy is limited in their perspectives and visions!

Thus we are returned to the topic of the wealthy man being to large to get into the lessor spots ... metaphorically the aye of the needler! These yes-men appear well bonded to one pole ...

And so much for the theology of giving until it hurts that is exposed in the theory that those given more should sacrifice more for the greater good ... in consequence confusing real life to a complex issue!

Blind faith is the only manner to convince members of one pole or the other to jump from the span into the shades ... abstract hues and Hoos!

In the shades ... the wealthy could be screwed and adequately scrooged ... as by 3 spirits in the night real, mental and emotional causing the 4th whetting of where they fell! The laundering continues ... to propose Blank Slates ... popping up from time to time as music about Wipeout!

A song to jive about ...

I hope this article opens for everyone. And be prepared for a horrendous read It turns your stomach

Back