Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I think a useful stat that is not reported is how many are actually sick. Who remains asymptomatic? People are reported as recovered if they don't require treatment in a facility after 14 days, but many come forward saying they are still having symptoms, stats on that could give people a realistic idea. Also, thinks like heart damage would be good to know. We won't get full numbers of that for a while, but we could get an estimated percent in various populations via sampling.

Maybe some would but not most...Im sure hand sanitizer and cleaning wouldnt put a dent in their earnings as much as limiting their clientelle.
You are missing the point ... are businesses allowed to exercise the right to not mandate masks?

Is information about disease something that people don't like to hear ... and with total freedom, easy to deny?

So much for the contrary attitudes between stoics and epicureans! Some bitter tastes are informative ... telling when alkaloid compounds may be present ... and probably will cause a high ...

Thus opiate wars! With good senses such pharmaceuticals can be detected and the marketing thereof ...

Some find incessant good NU's addictive ... and thus they become UN-alert or non-cognizant in other words! Time for the WOKE item ...

When masks were being used by a large majority, how much transmission was there really?
And where did that transmission occur?

Mask wearing also isn't going to eliminate transmission on it's on, it helps to reduce it.

With COVID-19 there are still many things were are learning.
I hope people will be open and honest about situations where we do see transmission, and in cases where it could be expected, but it doesn't happen. In isolation, information such as this doesn't give strong evidence - Starbucks cafe's COVID outbreak spared employees who wore masks - BNN Bloomberg
Collectively, it can.
Ty for the noodlin :3

It wasn’t the right response for BC. Especially not on Vancouver Island. We didn’t panic overall, people just got on the social distancing right away - and Island Health currently reports 12 active cases out of 195 total cases, and 5 deaths. Nobody is in the hospital with covid today. Out of 350K population. And we’re a tourist region on the Pacific Rim, across the pond from Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. With a large older senior population.

I think the crafters here embraced the mask opportunity.

If the cases of younger adults goes up and up, though - they’re going to tighten up the rules.
By "panic" I meant
"react as if it is the worst scenario possible"
When we first knew aboot this pandemic, we didnt know what we know now aboot our particular backwater (VI and Mainland), right? Pandemics r potentially global extinction events. So it is best to "react as if it is the worst scenario possible" right away.

Thatz all.

And those are all reported, all useful. People aren't hospitalized without having new cases.

I dont think important for the average Jane? They're just quantitative numbers? # of infected. #of of survivors. #of dead. Etc. What aboot the people who show positive then negative again? Or differentiating between those who happened to die while testing positive and those who died from the virus?
I hope they find a way to include suffering (eg. Loss of income, loss of ADLs, etc)? As that is more important imho? But I cant think right now in what form that would happen?

Either way, sars-cov-2, you r quite the teacher

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

What will it take for the college/university crowd to finally get it? 11 of London's 13 new cases are from Western. The majority of our cases for the past week are from Western. Seven from one house party. At least Mrs. M is now purely working from home and we don't interact with anyone from the campus these days. Now we have our Medical Officer of Health asking the province to impose gathering restrictions. Problem is, most of these cases probably go back to exposures during "Frosh Week" so this may be closing the door after the horse has bolted.

Rant finished and I don't eff-ing care to debate the merits of gathering restrictions. Mercifully, this forced our parent company to come to their senses and go pure virtual for a management conference next week. Most of my company had been given the okay to go virtual anyhow (technically, I probably shouldn't have been but the VP okay'd, even suggested, it so I wasn't about to complain).

Ty for the noodlin :3

By "panic" I meant
"react as if it is the worst scenario possible"
When we first knew aboot this pandemic, we didnt know what we know now aboot our particular backwater (VI and Mainland), right? Pandemics r potentially global extinction events. So it is best to "react as if it is the worst scenario possible" right away.

Thatz all.

I dont think important for the average Jane? They're just quantitative numbers? # of infected. #of of survivors. #of dead. Etc. What aboot the people who show positive then negative again? Or differentiating between those who happened to die while testing positive and those who died from the virus?
I hope they find a way to include suffering (eg. Loss of income, loss of ADLs, etc)? As that is more important imho? But I cant think right now in what form that would happen?

Either way, sars-cov-2, you r quite the teacher

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege
Agree, she's cool to have around.

But realistically there was always going to be transmission

just like as stores opened and then a store would close as an employee tested positive......

the issue is to clean, monitor, check contacts and keep on gong

just like as stores opened and then a store would close as an employee tested positive......

That's an interesting statement. I know of no such testing/positive/store closing protocol in our Health Unit. However big note from our boss this week that "masked" means "masked" even in break room, etc., (where we are to "eat", which makes it a bit difficult). I will be taking breaks in my car for the foreseeable future.

That's an interesting statement. I know of no such testing/positive/store closing protocol in our Health Unit. However big note from our boss this week that "masked" means "masked" even in break room, etc., (where we are to "eat", which makes it a bit difficult). I will be taking breaks in my car for the foreseeable future.
Not so bad now, kinda ridiculous as it gets colder though.

Agreed, but car has heater, also CBC, so, so far, so good. And if a vape pen gets into the car, who is to say? s**t breaks out all over, lol...

The situation in Australia is getting better ......

In the entire country we only have one city - Melbourne - in crisis.

And, thanks to lockdown - and not opening up as in Europe, Melbourne is doing so much better.

I couldn't access the site......is this the same one?

Back