Netflix & Streaming Services

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Signed up for free trial to get fee shipping for something.

Yeah, my son did that one, too, for a phone or something. And we did as well, partly for free shipping on an order and partly so we could watch the TV series that Woody Allen made for them.

My sister signed up for the free US one while on vacation to order a bunch of stuff :ROFLMAO:
There's an HAE documentary I would like to see and HAE Canada put in a plug for Prime even though it was only the US one (which they didn't explain), that was disappointing.

Netflix is going to produce 100 years of solitude. God I hope it’s good. Love the book

We are currently in the USA. And the choices are amazing. We have trouble narrowing down what we want to watch

I watched the Mr. Rogers documentary. It was more interesting and moving than I thought it would be. I thought I’d check it out for a few minutes, just to find out, and it intrigued me. He was an ordained minister - Presbyterian, I think. His whole TV career was really a “ministry” for teaching kids to care, and that they’re cared about. And he never mentioned God, but still got the “love your neighbour as yourself” message out, and about respect for all people as neighbours, and he tackled some deep and complex topics...war, assassination, conflict, expressing deep difficult feelings in healthy ways. He recognized that kids need to be listened to, and that they can feel scared and overwhelmed by the world, too, and that they are at risk of being shaped by those negative forces in negative ways. He was really unique, and I think, genuine.

Last edited:
The clips of he and “Officer Clemons”, twice, one early on and one later in the life of the show, washing their feet together in the wading pool in the yard - Rogers offering to cool off Clemmon’s feet for him - had religious symbolism which I am sure he knew, but his audience would’ve gotten the point, about sharing and serving your neighbour, without the religion - which is good. That’s how it’s done. Mr. Rogers was/ is like family to lots of us. He was an idealist and a visionary, too.

Last edited:
Watching Charite on Netflix. German with english subtitles. But worth the effort. Charite is the large hospital in Berlin. It portraits all the renown Doctors of the 19 hundreds and the discovery of germs, together with a realistic picture of the health system and political system of that time. And the role of women.

Watching Charite on Netflix. German with english subtitles. But worth the effort. Charite is the large hospital in Berlin. It portraits all the renown Doctors of the 19 hundreds and the discovery of germs, together with a realistic picture of the health system and political system of that time. And the role of women.
I need to go back to that at some point. I find I'm often multitasking when watching Netflix, so many of the subtitled shows drop down on my list. I just need to make a point to go and watch some when I'm more dedicated to just watching. I really enjoyed the first season of The 3%, but didn't get to season 2 yet for that reason.

I need to go back to that at some point. I find I'm often multitasking when watching Netflix, so many of the subtitled shows drop down on my list. I just need to make a point to go and watch some when I'm more dedicated to just watching. I really enjoyed the first season of The 3%, but didn't get to season 2 yet for that reason.
Yeah, I guess I am more fortunate in this case, I can just listen and make a point of not reading at the same time, or it gets me mixed up.
Interesting detail of the first episode- the young woman that got admitted with acute appendicitis is unable to pay the cost of 3 DM a day and as a result has to stay there and work it off as a ward aide, with no permission to leave until the 100 and some DM are paid.
The docs all have become famous and several hospitals in Berlin today are named after them- like Bering and Virchow....

I watched the Mr. Rogers documentary. It was more interesting and moving than I thought it would be. I thought I’d check it out for a few minutes, just to find out, and it intrigued me. He was an ordained minister - Presbyterian, I think. His whole TV career was really a “ministry” for teaching kids to care, and that they’re cared about. And he never mentioned God, but still got the “love your neighbour as yourself” message out, and about respect for all people as neighbours, and he tackled some deep and complex topics...war, assassination, conflict, expressing deep difficult feelings in healthy ways. He recognized that kids need to be listened to, and that they can feel scared and overwhelmed by the world, too, and that they are at risk of being shaped by those negative forces in negative ways. He was really unique, and I think, genuine.
The clips of he and “Officer Clemons”, twice, one early on and one later in the life of the show, washing their feet together in the wading pool in the yard - Rogers offering to cool off Clemmon’s feet for him - had religious symbolism which I am sure he knew, but his audience would’ve gotten the point, about sharing and serving your neighbour, without the religion - which is good. That’s how it’s done. Mr. Rogers was/ is like family to lots of us. He was an idealist and a visionary, too.
I didn't know Mr. Rogers, but my wife grew up watching him. We also watched his documentary and she got very emotional. I also loved it. As you say, his career was truly a ministry.

We've been watching the series Shtisel on Netflix. We love it.
From Wikipedia:

Shtisel (Hebrew: שטיסל‎) is an Israeli television drama series about a fictional Jewish family living in Geula, Jerusalem.[1] Created and written by Ori Elon and Yehonatan Indursky,[1] the series premiered on 29 June 2013 on yes Oh, and is distributed by the online streaming service Netflix.[2]
The series has been considered innovative for its treatment of an irregular group of Orthodox Jews by stripping them of their political associations and depicting them as "ordinary" people.[3] It follows the lives of Shulem Shtisel (Dov Glickman), the Shtisel patriarch and a Rabbi at the local yeshiva,[4] as well as those of the other members of his family. Shtisel, which runs 12 episodes per season, is set in a religious, Internet-free neighborhood.[5] The community follows strict haredi customs and violating the norms often causes chaos within the family.[6] However, the characters, who are more open to secular lifestyle, reflect Geula's moderation in comparison to their neighbors in Mea She'arim, the adjacent community known for religious extremism.[7]

LOL! As an American football fan and not living on the east coast, I read NFL as “National Football League” and not Newfound Land, as was obviously intended. Isn’t it interesting how our own lives create biases and assumptions. Interesting little case study of some sort.
me too!! But Grand Seduction was a great movie! Part of the set - the bar - is near Random Harbour & we got to tour it when we were there - such fun.

The Rev's hubby, at our group tonight, highly recommended for me a Netflix movie - Dare to Be Wild. Apparently, an enviro focus. Will check it out, and pass on my recommendations.

Watched “ Interview with God” - curious movie. Has nothing to do with the books with the same title.
Wondering what others think of it.

I watched the movie about Motley Crüe (The Dirt) - worst movie ever. They even endorsed the making of movie, which portrays them as misogynistic, debauched, idiots - right out of the gate, and pretty much all the way through. With the exception of a genuinely sad time in Vince Neil’s family - they are hard to sympathize with.

Last edited:
I just binge watched the entire season of Special about a young gay man with cerebral palsy navigating the world. The episodes are short. It's quite good, The lead actor really has CP, and he wrote the story-line for the show loosely based on his own life. And he's legit funny.

Back