My side

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

If that post is deleted then this one needs to be deleted as well.
By quoted post do you mean the recent announcement about CG resuming the moderator role?

I hit the Report button on that one because I thought it was inappropriate. A simple announcement would have sufficed.

It is always difficult to see these kinds of conflicts happening within the leadership team (present or past). It is a dilemma. Do I say something? Do I report it? Do I stay out of it?

I would not be in favor of deleting either thread because that can create further problems. Very tough call though for the mods.

The challenge is that deletes don't actually remove the argument or resolve items. They tend to create a "whack a mole" situation. As many of us have said "deletes are not recommended".

I can absolutely appreciate that. That post could easily be edited to remove the information about me. It was not necessary and only served to fan flames that had been extinguished. As I said, it felt like I had been punched in the gut. The mole came out of its hole with that one.

By quoted post do you mean the recent announcement about CG resuming the moderator role?

Yes I do

I hit the Report button on that one because I thought it was inappropriate. A simple announcement would have sufficed.

Thanks for that

I would not be in favor of deleting either thread because that can create further problems. Very tough call though for the mods.

I realize it is a tough call. @ChemGal could do the honourable thing and edit the post herself so it merely said she was returning to the role of moderator. If she removed the information about me which is largely inaccurate, I would be happy.

To be clear, we were both acting like jerks during those conflicts. I am not making myself out to be the victim here.

Editting a post is kinda like deleting. The bell has been rung and you can't unring it.

There are other methods that can be used and I am confident the mods are discussing options.

Note: i am not a mod. I have no play or voice here other than as a member

Honestly what I saw in public was a conflict that escalated to a surprising degree. I don't even remember what the topic was. I did notice the strong feelings involved. I never thought anyone was being a jerk.

Obviously I can't speak to what happened when it moved into the private realm.

Honestly what I saw in public was a conflict that escalated to a surprising degree. I don't even remember what the topic was. I did notice the strong feelings involved. I never thought anyone was being a jerk.

Heck I don't even remember what the real topic was. I think I know where it started. It took off from there. Maybe we weren't being jerks. We were both responsible for allowing it to escalate or for not stepping away sooner.

Heck I don't even remember what the real topic was. I think I know where it started. It took off from there. Maybe we weren't being jerks. We were both responsible for allowing it to escalate or for not stepping away sooner.
Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. But I have come to believe certain conflicts are simply not resolvable

The original post has been redacted a bit. Chemgal has reached out to me and a third person has agreed to be part of the discussion. We'll see how that goes.

I hope it is ok to post here.

It is always difficult to see these kinds of conflicts happening within the leadership team (present or past). It is a dilemma. Do I say something? Do I report it? Do I stay out of it?

Multiple people got to share their perspective over here - https://www.wondercafe2.ca/threads/what-is-the-status-of-council-these-days.8084/ I never felt like I could post there.
Initially, I couldn't even read it while people were talking about me. That's not the fault of Northwind with the original post asking questions. I feel like a discussion carrying out there was the wrong call, and that carried on for pages. A new thread could have been started where questions could have been answered that would have been neutral, with equal access. That is part of the reason for me locking the thread I started -I had hoped any discussion that carried out would be in a more neutral space. I'm struggling a bit with it being ok for a number of active posters to be discussing things over there (many without knowing at the time I was excluded) and then opinions that it was inappropriate for me to make 1 post (and now I guess 2).

I probably won't go back over that old thread about the status of council. Not sure there is much point in an observer revisiting an old conflict between two posters

It is my sincere hope we don't lose either of them.

Not sure when I learned about Northwind and ChemGal Ignoring each other. Of course this means they couldn't see threads started by the other.

This situation may have created more problems than it solved. I certainly didn't realize it was a factor when I was participating in the discussion about council.

I probably won't go back over that old thread about the status of council. Not sure there is much point in an observer revisiting an old conflict between two posters

It is my sincere hope we don't lose either of them.

Not sure when I learned about Northwind and ChemGal Ignoring each other. Of course this means they couldn't see threads started by the other.

This situation may have created more problems than it solved. I certainly didn't realize it was a factor when I was participating in the discussion about council.
You actually helped with that by tagging me, and with I kind message. I think I would have been more upset if I only had access deeper into the discussion. So thank you for your kindness.

We have spent the last few days trying to sort things out. @chansen has bravely or foolishly been the neutral third person. Sadly, nothing has changed. I wish it could have been sorted out.

Back