Movies you'd like to see

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Tonight we went to a local Monday Night at the Movies - run by volunteers who organize screenings twice a month of 'festival' films not in wide release - shown at a local large cineplex. It was packed!! We saw Marianne & Leonard - Words of Love - from Sundance festival. Wow - it was terrific. Learned a lot about Leonard Cohen himself, about his career, and his long relationship with his muse Marianne; their long time together on the idyllic isle of Hydra in Greece; heard poetry, and music, and songs of love and sadness; travelled back to the 60s & 70s scene. Lots of old footage woven together with voice overs and interviews. And Aviva Layton (wife of Irving Layton for 20 years was hilarious!) Highly recommended.

A new version of Dune has been looming for a while. Frank Herbert's classic sf novel has been filmed twice but neither has really satisfied fans. This time, Denis Villeneuve has bravely, or foolishly, tackled it. He has built some strong sf cred with Arrival and Bladerunner 2049 so maybe this will be the one that finally nails it. The trailer is fantastic, but that doesn't mean the movie will be.

Lol Pink Floyd!!!

There is only 1 Shadout Mapes

Interesting in that trailer how they interpreted the personal shields

And itll b interesting 2 see how they deal with the complex narrative style of the book

I found myself cringing at the crowd scenes.

Esp inside eeeep! Lol

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

I'll love it because I'm a fan and loved the book and the old renditions, bad as they were. I enjoy seeing the different cinematic interpretations of a complex book.
I look forward to the newest iteration. Looks good. Usual cliches (running away from the sandstorm reminds me of a few similar scenes, so it's overused by now). Little things like that. I guess they needed to show the sandworm storm and people running, but but.... All the costumes look interesting. Looking forward to all the scenes and cinematography. Exciting.

Back