Meanwhile in Korea

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm finding out about Korea - as a country, they don't respect privacy as much as Canada does.

When I recently went to the bank, I had to tell the bank teller my debit password in order to do any banking.

Yesterday, my academy's principal asked to take pictures of my Immigration Card - saying they were needed for insurance.

Today at a government office, I had to share with them the private letter I was sending to my youngest son who's in Canada - this to get some documents notarized.

Right now, I am not a happy camper.

One thing I'm finding out about Korea - as a country, they don't respect privacy as much as Canada does.

When I recently went to the bank, I had to tell the bank teller my debit password in order to do any banking.

Yesterday, my academy's principal asked to take pictures of my Immigration Card - saying they were needed for insurance.

Today at a government office, I had to share with them the private letter I was sending to my youngest son who's in Canada - this to get some documents notarized.

Right now, I am not a happy camper.

Drives one fruitcake ... the world of legislation ... like biblical laws ... I'm lost tuit! Rather depart into wisdom that is obviously beyond us as it appears absent here ... mire incarnate?

Where we life is bleak ... I hope for alien lands and outsiders ... even if Black Swan 'd ... thank the mysterious powers for the great sleep ... then we're dunne withit!

Pan O'Rhamas do that ... just for the bean value ... Thebes!

Like thieves in the night they act out ... haunts in the twilight zone ... virtue unseen?

A thought that hit me yesterday while I was at school is that I've been living in somewhat of a bubble. What I mean is that I've been concerned chiefly with the daily life of Yobo and myself, and not informing myself on what's going on in South Korea at large. I really need to find a good Korean news source that publishes/broadcasts in English. I should keep informed on Korean politics, business, sports, culture, etc.

Last edited:
A thought that hit me yesterday while I was at school is that I've been living in somewhat of a bubble. What I mean is that I've been concerned chiefly with the daily life if Yobo and myself, and not informing myself on what's going on in South Korea at large. I really need to find a good Korean news source that publishes/broadcasts in English. I should keep informed on Korean politics, business, sports, culture, etc.

Careful of the Nous ... it is said to be all false --- some drump ET up guy! But you can't say it or be persecuted by a bummer in the system ... go figure that out ...

There are also said to be fallacies in wisdom ... causes splashes, splatters and ... drips?

What's at the bottom of the pool? Because of such scattered info ... we don't know!

Careful of the Nous ... it is said to be all false --- some drump ET up guy! But you can't say it or be persecuted by a bummer in the system ... go figure that out ...

There are also said to be fallacies in wisdom ... causes splashes, splatters and ... drips?

What's at the bottom of the pool? Because of such scattered info ... we don't know!

Don't worry Luce, I'm not looking for a YEOU Nyuseu. ;)

That'd be a turnabout ...

No. I've been a moderate for a long time now Luce. Perhaps you're thinking of someone else.

The two big newspapers that publish in English appear to be The Korea Times and The Korea Herald. Perhaps I'll follow them both for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back