Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

LAST, as I melt into stillness. Had the dog down at the lake at 6 a.m. today, and it was already 22. It's 36 or something stupid right now. Worked until 1:30, then stood in line , in the sun, in blue jeans and a mask, to get into both the LCBO and the 'other' grocery store, where I went specifically for a Melton Mowbray pork pie for my cold supper and they had none. Sausage roll instead, a loaf of Ace cheddar-onion demi-baguette and a block of white stilton with ginger and mango for my salad.

LAST as I enjoy a hot sunny day - since we haven't seen any such days for a while

Hope everyone down east doesn't melt too much

Last as I sit around the waiting area at the hospital. I had a CT yesterday that showed a possible clot in the vein where I have my port. I got an ultrasound and now need to get blood thinners. I should have brought my sock to knit.

now the inside of my toes are completely raw and sore

Ouch. Give your poor feet a rest. I can't wear flip-flops for long distances at all. Even on vacation, I'll wear them going from room to beach, but they come off once I hit the sand.

Hugs @Northwind

@Mendalla...I only have this pair because that is what I was given after my pedicure when I had my makeover in 2017...I would prefer to go barefoot but not safe outside of my house/yard...that said, I found a neat pattern yesterday for crochet boots and shoes that use flip-flops (minus the straps) for soles - they would be fun to make :)

Hmmmm...seems I gave the flip-flops too much of a workout today o_O They aren't going to LAST much longer as they are falling apart!

It's nice to be home with our feet up. Working on a sweater here. Yes, our weather is much cooler than other parts of Canada and for that I'm thankful.

It's nice to be home with our feet up. Working on a sweater here. Yes, our weather is much cooler than other parts of Canada and for that I'm thankful.
No sweater work happening here...but I did pick rhubarb today and I've been moving pictures/paintings around in the house - and getting rid of some.

It's cooler here. Technically. Only 32 high instead of 35. But the humidity is probably the worst it has been. So no need for a sweater. Or much clothing of any kind really (no, I am not working in the nude, contrary to rumours).

I remember the days when I was glad it was only 32 after having 35 or 38 degree days. I don't miss those.

Today is starting out sunny. It's promising to be a warm sunny day. And by warm, I mean around 22. Quite lovely.

Back