Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Are they washable in hot water and a hot dryer? I heard a hot dryer kills COVID....
Love the colours too!
I actually wash my masks in the sink, then dry them outside in the bright hot sunshine. Iron when dry. Seems to work well. Keep in mind the masks are to stall the outward spread of any germs FROM yourself.

Waterfall

Reaction score
I actually wash my masks in the sink, then dry them outside in the bright hot sunshine. Iron when dry. Seems to work well. Keep in mind the masks are to stall the outward spread of any germs FROM yourself.
Yup aware it's to protect others in public when social distancing in public places. Of course a mask needs to work BOTH ways in care facilities and other enclosed hotspots and cloth masks do not protect us from aerosol (airborne) transmissions, just the larger droplets.

Great weather today....last

Last edited:

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Although one doesn't want to get sick from their mask either. Any type of decent washing (wish a soap or detergent) and not leaving them damp for too long afterwards should be alright. For me I don't do the outdoor part, don't want a bunch of pollen on something up by my face. I've handwashed and used the washer, depending on how many I was doing at a time - ditto for dryer vs. just airdrying. I do have a bit of a mild funny rash on a cheek different from eczema and it is right where I tend to get a mark after wearing the masks, it appeared after using the washing machine, I think if I use the washer I'll do a quick rinse in the sink as well.

BethAnne

Reaction score
LAST post for the night...heading to bed early as I didn't get much sleep LAST night...good night all and I'll be back tomorrow