Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

You just never know

Blip, blip, blip....
We live in a sad province just now BethAnne. If enough people get vaccinated we can hopefully put the craziness behind us. It isn't just small towns there are nutcases in Calgary who try to egg on the police by holding protests with no masks or social distancing.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Ever heard of Aylmer, Ontario? There's a church there that's been fighting COVID restrictions right from the get-go and have organized at least one major demonstration in the town. The minister's charge sheet must be getting rather long. It is about a half hour or less drive from me.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
We live in a sad province just now BethAnne. If enough people get vaccinated we can hopefully put the craziness behind us. It isn't just small towns there are nutcases in Calgary who try to egg on the police by holding protests with no masks or social distancing.

Alberta looks crazy when looking at it from outside the borders. There are some whackadoodle ideas there. I'm glad I had an opportunity to live there and to get to know people in the province so I know the whackadoodles are not the majority. Just the loudest. Stay well my AB friends.

Ever heard of Aylmer, Ontario? There's a church there that's been fighting COVID restrictions right from the get-go and have organized at least one major demonstration in the town. The minister's charge sheet must be getting rather long. It is about a half hour or less drive from me.

I was talking to a family member in London yesterday. He said that a group of golfers were charged for golfing recently. I thought of the cult in Aylmer and how they seem to have minimal consequences if any. That's messed up. Heck it's ridiculous golf courses are closed in the first place. Golf is a safer outdoor activity.

paradox3

That one I just do not understand.
According to the health minister it is necessary to reduce mobility in the province. They have just announced that no outdoor amenities will open up until our case numbers go down.

Think they have identified any target numbers? Nope.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
According to the health minister it is necessary to reduce mobility in the province. They have just announced that no outdoor amenities will open up until our case numbers go down.

That doesn't make sense to me. People can golf or go to parks in their own areas. We have travel restrictions in BC and open parks/golf courses

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Heard today that there are four families here with confirmed variant cases, and of course none are quarantining because it's "just the flu" (I haven't verified this 100% yet)
If rumors are going around and it's true hopefully they get reported and will be convinced to stay home even if just to avoid a financial hit

KayTheCurler

Sorry your little community has this simmering away. Rumours, allegations, insults and rebuttals are no doubt flying around. It is all getting so divisive. My adult son stormed off a few days in what looked and sounded like a teenage temper tantrum because he started a conversation to 'straighten us out' politically. They calmer and politer we were the louder and fouler his language became.

BethAnne

Rebellious mystic from Alberta
Sorry your little community has this simmering away. Rumours, allegations, insults and rebuttals are no doubt flying around. It is all getting so divisive. My adult son stormed off a few days in what looked and sounded like a teenage temper tantrum because he started a conversation to 'straighten us out' politically. They calmer and politer we were the louder and fouler his language became.
I commented to my uncle that people are getting very RUDE about the whole thing...make your own choice and then respect the other person when they make theirs...but people aren't doing that.

Still no papers - wonder why?