Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
We just visited my sister tonight. She seems to be better. We also learned how they make their discharge decisions. We learned why some people get blood thinners and some don't. What a journey.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
We just visited my sister tonight. She seems to be better. We also learned how they make their discharge decisions. We learned why some people get blood thinners and some don't. What a journey.
Was it actually medically based? My feeling with the healthcare system right now is it's all luck - who you get, if they know what they should.

Northwind

Reaction score
Was it actually medically based? My feeling with the healthcare system right now is it's all luck - who you get, if they know what they should.
Well, I suppose it could be argued it was medically based. She turns 60 on the 21st. I think actually being 60 would have put her in a different category. I also believe they could have offered suggestions to reduce the chances of clots, such as take aspirin. I don't know details and I suspect that the patient care quality office should be informed.

Northwind

Reaction score
We woke up to snow this morning. It's -4 so not very cold. Islanders though will consider this to be subArctic and challenging.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Isolated chilling ?????????

Spine tingling like a good myth ... that's while on night Ayres ...

Northwind

Reaction score
Apparently the roads around here are crap. Add to that, the limited experience many drivers have around here, it's a mess in some spots. We were going to go back to my sister's house today. We're going to wait until Wednesday now. I have choir tomorrow night and wanted to be here for that. No sense tempting fate too often.

BethAnne

Reaction score
Apparently the roads around here are crap. Add to that, the limited experience many drivers have around here, it's a mess in some spots. We were going to go back to my sister's house today. We're going to wait until Wednesday now. I have choir tomorrow night and wanted to be here for that. No sense tempting fate too often.
Better to stay home and safe...and now it's snowing!

Also just submitted my second application for having my artwork displayed in a showhome in Calgary (fingers crossed)

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Not thrilled that I had to go out today, and this morning, and to a different area of the city (although not super far away). When I saw the temp forecast I was like oh yay I actually have no appointments - then on Friday I found out I was seeing a dermatologist today. I also don't think she's a full dermatologist - I've been noticing this a lot lately, people having specialties without actually having done all the training. Ie. I see a 'rheumatologist' next week but when I look on the college website he's an internist (so at least a full level of training that way) the 'allergist' I saw wasn't actually an immunologist (although he caught my HAE so no complaints there). The doctor today wants to try a few things, some I agreed with, some not (like taking an oral steroid). Hopefully what I do try will help.

No plans to go out this week anymore. I do need to get cleaning for the cleaners though :LOL:, got a text pretty late last week saying they wanted to come today. It's been a while because of the biopsy and stuff so I figured some areas of the house are in need of some good cleaning. I don't like to pay for decluttering, I like to pay for the actual cleaning with products hence my need to do a pre-clean.

BethAnne

Reaction score
Not thrilled that I had to go out today, and this morning, and to a different area of the city (although not super far away). When I saw the temp forecast I was like oh yay I actually have no appointments - then on Friday I found out I was seeing a dermatologist today. I also don't think she's a full dermatologist - I've been noticing this a lot lately, people having specialties without actually having done all the training. Ie. I see a 'rheumatologist' next week but when I look on the college website he's an internist (so at least a full level of training that way) the 'allergist' I saw wasn't actually an immunologist (although he caught my HAE so no complaints there). The doctor today wants to try a few things, some I agreed with, some not (like taking an oral steroid). Hopefully what I do try will help.

No plans to go out this week anymore. I do need to get cleaning for the cleaners though :LOL:, got a text pretty late last week saying they wanted to come today. It's been a while because of the biopsy and stuff so I figured some areas of the house are in need of some good cleaning. I don't like to pay for decluttering, I like to pay for the actual cleaning with products hence my need to do a pre-clean.
Fingers crossed you find what works for you...I went downtown this morning and will have to go out tomorrow or Wednesday...and then paper deliveries Thursday...when I was younger I didn't mind but since my collapse 6.5 years ago, I'm not as keen to be out when it's cold.

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
Better to stay home and safe...and now it's snowing!

Also just submitted my second application for having my artwork displayed in a showhome in Calgary (fingers crossed)
Wish you luck with the show home situation. I have a daughter who occasionally 'dresses' show homes with made to measure drapes, bedding etc..

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
I see a 'rheumatologist' next week but when I look on the college website he's an internist
Rheumatologists will all first be well trained as internists, then specialize in the area of rheumatology - as do those who go into endocrinology, gastroenterology, or probably hepatology too. So these are extended specialties of those who are internists. How they listed with their various colleges probably varies by province. But I wouldn't say it's false representation.

Northwind

Reaction score
It seems to me that oncologists are also internists first. At least mine is.