If my church had 1/2 million it should..........

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

GeoFee

I am who I am becoming...
Reaction score
Agreed, but money can help create the kin-dom amongst us. It's easier to buy sandwich meat and bread for sandwiches for the local outreach van if you have money.
The rabbis would say that money is best used in service to the good of others. Money which unites our human being is blessed by God. Money used to divide humanity in service to power is not.

unsafe

Reaction score
GeoFee----you said ---God has no need of money.

LOL ----that is a very astute observation there GeoFee ------but here is the thing ----- All money belongs to God not us ----we are just stewards of His Money ---

So by setting aside a portion of this Churches win fall to God you are in fact honouring God and showing your Gratitude to Him for this Blessing and when you do that you God Promises to Bless you more -----the WILL BE in the scripture below is a promise ------you are to give with a cheerful heart ------ now the Old Testament says 10 % the New Testament says give as your heart tells you to give -----By Praying and asking God what you are to do with your portion to Him --He will direct the path the money should go to advance His Kingdom ----as the rest of the money should also do ----the Blessing we receive is to help others not ourselves -----

Proverbs 3:9-10 (CEB)

9 Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the first of all your crops.
10 Then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will burst with wine.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
And here you, unsafe, are very unwisely conflating the worldly with the spiritual.

"Money" is a completely HUMAN construct, not a spiritual construct at all.

If "money" is a metaphor for the "gifts we have been given", then obviously we are to give 100 per cent of our gifts for the building of godde's kin-dom

Luce NDs

Reaction score
And here you, unsafe, are very unwisely conflating the worldly with the spiritual.

"Money" is a completely HUMAN construct, not a spiritual construct at all.

If "money" is a metaphor for the "gifts we have been given", then obviously we are to give 100 per cent of our gifts for the building of godde's kin-dom

Does illustrate the value of mindlessness to those with such powers of illumination and lighter values ... transitional effects when learning how not to do things ... negative thinking?

This may go against the positive hangers on to the greater righteousness! One has to filter through the sense of right and wrong, positives and negatives as elect*rons and posit*rons (rons and dawn once being holes in the dark's Ide ... how it all began ... with Ven Use ... the impact soon gone!

GeoFee

Reaction score
GeoFee----you said ---God has no need of money.

LOL ----that is a very astute observation there GeoFee ------but here is the thing ----- All money belongs to God not us ----we are just stewards of His Money ---

So by setting aside a portion of this Churches win fall to God you are in fact honouring God and showing your Gratitude to Him for this Blessing and when you do that you God Promises to Bless you more -----the WILL BE in the scripture below is a promise ------you are to give with a cheerful heart ------ now the Old Testament says 10 % the New Testament says give as your heart tells you to give -----By Praying and asking God what you are to do with your portion to Him --He will direct the path the money should go to advance His Kingdom ----as the rest of the money should also do ----the Blessing we receive is to help others not ourselves -----

Proverbs 3:9-10 (CEB)

9 Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the first of all your crops.
10 Then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will burst with wine.
I said:

God has no need of money.

Are you saying that God does need money?

unsafe

Reaction score
BetteTheRed ------Money" is a completely HUMAN construct, not a spiritual construct at all.

I say ---that might be the way you see it there BetteTheRed -----but here is the thing ----everything in this physical realm was born out of the Spiritual Realm ----God Created this earth and all that it in it -----and that includes the ability to make money -----Gold and Sliver and Copper were created when God created this earth -----

The coin came from what God provided in his creation ---man did not create gold - sliver or copper ------ God created trees did he not ---Trees make paper right ----paper money ---

Do you not think that God knew that coin and paper money would be created as a method of exchange in this world -----I think an all knowing God knew exactly that ----

Good News Translation ----Haggai 2--- 8 I am just posting this verse
read all in context ---
-https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Haggai%202&version=GNT

8 All the silver and gold of the world is mine

Isaiah 66 NIV ---I am only posting verse 2 ----read all in context

2 Has not my hand made all these things,
and so they came into being?”

declares the Lord.

I say ---so we can think that money came into being all by itself ----but first you have to have the stuff to make the money out of -----and God gave us that -----so it belongs to Him not us

unsafe

Reaction score
GeoFee ----you said -----Are you saying that God does need money?

I say --show me where I said God needs money there GeoFee -----

This is what I said on Post 18 Page 1 ----

Does Your Church belong to God or man ? If the money was left to a church that is suppose to belong to God then God should get the first fruits of the money given ----which is 10% of the 500,000----Praying and asking God where His first fruits of the money should go should be top on the list and wait for an answer

I say -----So show me here where i said God needs money ----

-I said pray and ask God where His money should Go --Do you not think God can tell His people where the best place His money would be best presented to help others -----Do you think we humans are all that that we know exactly where and who would benefit from a Blessing that God gave to this Church -----God might have a Missionary in Africa or some other part of the world where this Blessing could be used ----

Did you know in the Old Testament where you love to be there are 3 types of tithe ---one tithe was a tithe of the tithe -----here are 2 scripture on it -----

Numbers 18 :26 ---"Moreover, you shall speak to the Levites and say to them, `When you take from the sons of Israel the tithe which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then you shall present an offering from it to the LORD, a tithe of the tithe.

Nehemiah 10:38 ESV
38 And the priest, the son of Aaron, shall be with the Levites when the Levites receive the tithes. And the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes to the house of our God, to the chambers of the storehouse.

So GeoFee --did God the Father who was Spirit need food ?

GeoFee

Reaction score
All money belongs to God not us ----we are just stewards of His Money
How do you understand this quote:

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

This being related to Jesus holding up a coin and asking to whom it belongs.

I understand that there was no money before the fall of humanity and that there will be no money in the coming reign of God. Money was made by human being in service to the acquisition of power. Those who serve money consider themselves worthy and those without money are considered unworthy. This contradicting Jesus, who shared God’s love with the poor and reprimanded those who served the way of money. I see this in the upsetting of the money changers tables in the temple courtyard.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
To me ... or Tome ... God has no use for physical monis ... only essential values beyond reality! Virtual god ... only this kind is virtuous ... the remnants being powerful corruption as logical fallacy!

The far left comes round to right in a crank ... the tome has been cast asa powerful book!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Money was made by human being in service to the acquisition of power.

Um, no. Money was made by human beings to provide a medium of exchange for trade. It simplified trade by allowing the purchase of goods and services using proceeds from the sale of other goods and services rather than requiring a direct exchange of goods or services. The use of money as means of acquiring power was a later development. It becomes a problem when money becomes valuable in and of itself and for promoting ones ego rather than as a means to an end (acquiring necessities and amenities of life).

Those who serve money consider themselves worthy and those without money are considered unworthy.

I am in agreement as long as you recognize that your two categories do not encompass all human beings. There are those with money who do not see that money as the source of their worth and self-esteem so neither consider themselves worthy based on having money nor consider others unworthy based on not having money. There are those who have money but do not serve it (assuming you and I mean the same thing by "serve money"). There are those who still money first and foremost as a medium of exchange, rather than as having value in and of itself.

Waterfall

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be feasible to build a small park beside the church with swings and slides and climbers for the nieighbourhood kids to come. Some benches for the older folks and lots of shade.
I was thinking maybe use half the parking lot if it's not always full?
Not sure if your church would be in the "inner city" core where kids might need a place to have some free fun with their parents and grandparents?

GeoFee

Reaction score
Um, no. Money was made by human beings to provide a medium of exchange for trade. It simplified trade by allowing the purchase of goods and services using proceeds from the sale of other goods and services rather than requiring a direct exchange of goods or services. The use of money as means of acquiring power was a later development. It becomes a problem when money becomes valuable in and of itself and for promoting ones ego rather than as a means to an end (acquiring necessities and amenities of life).

I am in agreement as long as you recognize that your two categories do not encompass all human beings. There are those with money who do not see that money as the source of their worth and self-esteem so neither consider themselves worthy based on having money nor consider others unworthy based on not having money. There are those who have money but do not serve it (assuming you and I mean the same thing by "serve money"). There are those who still money first and foremost as a medium of exchange, rather than as having value in and of itself.
My comments do not always fill all the blanks. I appreciate the balance offered by others. My basic notion is that one is not able to serve God and money. Looking at major bank profits while persons languish in poverty strikes me as unjust.

GeoFee

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be feasible to build a small park beside the church with swings and slides and climbers for the nieighbourhood kids to come. Some benches for the older folks and lots of shade.
I was thinking maybe use half the parking lot if it's not always full?
Not sure if your church would be in the "inner city" core where kids might need a place to have some free fun with their parents and grandparents?
The Big Red Church is situated in Winnipeg’s GlenElm neighbourhood. We have a fair sized green space. There we placed a table with benches. We also built a fire pit. Both are used by us and our neighbours. Our kitchen and our bathrooms have been renovated. We are also building an accessible bathroom. This in service to our desire to include our neighbours. So far the response has been positive and we are hoping that the Big Red Church will be a gathering place for the neighbourhood. Not as a religious institution but as a community centre.

unsafe

Reaction score
GeoFee ----you said ----I understand that there was no money before the fall of humanity and that there will be no money in the coming reign of God.

I say -----I agree that there was no money needed in the Garden as God had provided all that was needed ---------and I agree that money will not be needed in the New Earth as Spirits have no need for money---

Now You said -----How do you understand this quote:

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

This being related to Jesus holding up a coin and asking to whom it belongs.

I say
--------This is that scripture you quote with again with no mention of Chapter or verse ---just throwing out a scripture that suits your agenda -----trying to say that money belongs to humans -----well think again GeoFee ----Read the scripture in context and understand what is being revealed here -----in Matthew 22

Paying the Imperial Tax to Caesar​

15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not?”

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?

19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius,

20 and he asked them,Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

-----I say -----So what was on the coin they showed Jesus ------if you do your research you will find that the coin had Caesar's picture on it with a laurel wreath which was to represent a conquering commander and divinity and the inscription on the coin was "Tiberius Caesar, Worshipful Son of the God, Augustus."------so it was an idolatrous coin -----

So Jesus was showing the the 2 Realms ----when He said -----“So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, -----and to God what is God’s.”

I found this ----if your interested to read it --I just posted this part of it

the coin bears is a feeble, "Caesar's," the actual image and inscription is much more revealing.
The front of the denarius shows a profiled bust of Tiberius crowned with the laurels of victory and divinity. Even a modern viewer would immediately recognize that the person depicted on the coin is a Roman emperor.

Circumscribed around Tiberius is an abbreviation, "TI CAESAR DIVI AUG F AUGUSTUS," which stands for "Tiberius Caesar Divi August Fili Augustus," which, in turn, translates, "Tiberius Caesar, Worshipful Son of the God, Augustus."

Waterfall

Reaction score
The Big Red Church is situated in Winnipeg’s GlenElm neighbourhood. We have a fair sized green space. There we placed a table with benches. We also built a fire pit. Both are used by us and our neighbours. Our kitchen and our bathrooms have been renovated. We are also building an accessible bathroom. This in service to our desire to include our neighbours. So far the response has been positive and we are hoping that the Big Red Church will be a gathering place for the neighbourhood. Not as a religious institution but as a community centre.
That sounds great! Sometimes "older" churches cater to us old folks (cafes and such) and it's nice to be inclusive to children.....they are the future and it's good to have somewhere to go in the summer and maybe an ice rink in the winter. It's good if you ever want to introduce children to the church through some activities.....not conditional but an alternative. After all we shouldn't be afraid to offer biblical learning or make kids familiar with things the church can do in the community. That part won't be for everyone but a bulletin board on the outside premises somewhere would provide the opportunity to get involved if they so desire. eg...youth choir, cooking classes for kids, easter egg hunts, talent contest, etc....
Would there be accessible showers for the homeless in your new washroom?

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Are the common people often taxed to death by various factions ... like governing factors; monarchist (1) institutional belief systems (2) and mercantile services (3) that may be mercenary in their service ethics?

Shall resolution come forth? We may bet the potential may pass ... a near MS .. resembles hoe Eire shoes ... ground breaking doings ...

unsafe

Reaction score
GeoFee ----Did Jesus ever mention chapter and verse?

I say ---Do you just assume that everyone is familiar with the Chapter and verse of the Scripture you quote and use out of context ---Just maybe some people might want to check out the 1 sentence you posted--so they can read the whole sentence in context and get the real message behind what you posted ------

There is proper etiquette.for quoting scripture --encase you didn't know -----

From Google -----

People also ask​

How do you quote part of a Bible verse?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
You know, it crosses my mind that half a million dollars could be used to set up a parish nursing program; that would be a good form of outreach to the community. Just a thought.

May I also take a moment to point out that in all the gospel passages in which Jesus refers to scripture, he never once refers to chapter and verse. Likely because the bible hadn't been chopped up into chapters and verses at that point. So far as finding a passage when someone else mentions a story or saying, one could always take 3 minutes and look it up in a concordance.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
I would suggest that a parish nursing program would be a very difficult thing to organize. Nursing and health care is very strictly supervised. A RN and a church would need to take out major malpractice insurance and the set up to meet health and safety rules would be onerous