How Do You Take Your Face Off?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The flipside being that some people who have good natural attributes screw them up with overdone or badly chosen makeup.

Imagine a knows getting out of joint ... could be a stinking thought! Then there is the aspir 'n composition of Voltari a derivative of ASA ... my spouse is very allergic to this anti-inflammatory essence and gets inflamed ...

This from a chemist, hated because of the science objected to by alternate factions when it comes to avowal ling ... a linguae to something else as yet unseen? Some say frightening and strange linguistics ... that's the word! Be objective about it ...

Last edited:
I cannot wear makeup because of my extraordinarily sensitive skin, although there are a few safe lipsticks, and I wear those primarily to keep my lips moisturized.

I have taken to paying more attention to my appearance due to the influence of the big guy, but I focus on clothing, shoes and nails. And my daughter being the person who does my nails, is extraordinarily careful about never having any product touch my skin.

DL, some products are water-based, and will come off with soap and water. As you've discovered, others require an oil. Any pure oil will work; doesn't have to be edible. Almond oil smells particularly pleasant.
Thank you for the words :3
I have never worn makeup outside of some related to Halloween costumes in my youth nor does my wife normally (she'll pretty up a bit for formal occasions but that's about it) so it remains somewhat outside my experience. Even in my writing, a woman putting on makeup is pretty much just "and she put on her makeup" because I have no idea how to describe it.
You should try it more
It is quite fun :3
Ask your wife for tips?
Eyeliner can also be as simple as a sharpie too
I haven't worn makeup in some time. I was worried about how my skin would respond to the makeup when I was in the chorus of Spamalot a few years ago. Thankfully, there were other sensitive souls like me who reassured me and even told me about a good face cream that I still use. My skin and I survived and I had a blast.
Having a blast is good :3
Fun is good
My cream of choice for everything is Lubriderm for extra dry skin, unscented. My daughter uses it for all her nail clients as well.
My wife used Lubriderm
She also was fond of scentless Baby Magic

I don't wear makeup. I did by some when I wanted to for a wedding, but only because it helps with photographs.
I get people who do, but, it just doesn't make sense to me.

I guess, it always felt like painted ladies, and the feminist part of me, said "no way"

It's wyrd, Jayne, I still don't bother with much make up, although I will let E____ try for upcoming wedding.

However, my nails have become something of a fuss for me. E____ does a lovely job, they look so decorative and they're something people notice at work, so conversation starter, potential clients for E. She comes over every 4th Sunday after church, has brunch, and I get a full set, always with accent nails, sometimes glitter, sometimes a contrasting colour, sometimes a decal. She's working on her free hand drawing skills at present, so I expect I'll be getting a few of those endeavours. We have very complicated plans for the nails to accompany the wedding outfit.

It's wyrd, Jayne, I still don't bother with much make up, although I will let E____ try for upcoming wedding.

However, my nails have become something of a fuss for me. E____ does a lovely job, they look so decorative and they're something people notice at work, so conversation starter, potential clients for E. She comes over every 4th Sunday after church, has brunch, and I get a full set, always with accent nails, sometimes glitter, sometimes a contrasting colour, sometimes a decal. She's working on her free hand drawing skills at present, so I expect I'll be getting a few of those endeavours. We have very complicated plans for the nails to accompany the wedding outfit.
I do my toenails in the summer.
But...I have not my nails for most of my life so they don't get done

I guess, it always felt like painted ladies, and the feminist part of me, said "no way"
I prefer Painted Jezebel myself :3

Got any fav brands or colours?
I do my toenails in the summer.
Do you have any fav brands or colours?

Are you a nail biter, if I remember? My nails have always been practical and short which was fine. Had a couple of pedis in summer. However, older age has made them more likely to split lengthwise, which is a frigging nuisance, and she can keep them intact, and pretty, which is a bonus.

Got any fav brands or colours?
I love colour changing polishes. E____ orders a lot through Sheen.

Are you a nail biter, if I remember? My nails have always been practical and short which was fine. Had a couple of pedis in summer. However, older age has made them more likely to split lengthwise, which is a frigging nuisance, and she can keep them intact, and pretty, which is a bonus.

I love colour changing polishes. E____ orders a lot through Sheen.
splitting does not sound fun.
Yes, earliest picture of me nail baiting, i was under 3.
bad habits can start early

My fingernails are pretty good. Get the odd crack or chip in my toenails but that's mostly because I only clip them once every 2-3 weeks vs. weekly for fingernails.

I usually don't paint my toenails all winter to give them a chance to breathe. But I do rub them with coconut oil until then, along with my fingernails.
The coconut oil tends to make my fingernails stronger and seem to grow faster too....but I don't grow them very long before they're clipped back down to a reasonable length.

This nail is clearly flatter and prone to a lengthwise crack in a way that the non-sucked thumb is not. Both thumbs have considerable arthritis at the second joint, but the sucked thumb is much worse.

This nail is clearly flatter and prone to a lengthwise crack in a way that the non-sucked thumb is not. Both thumbs have considerable arthritis at the second joint, but the sucked thumb is much worse.
How long were you a thumb sucker (if you don't mind saying)?

No idea. My Dad used to make jokes that as late as I was 9 or 10, he'd crack the door to check on me (as parents do), and notice my thumb suspiciously close to my mouth. I am a "self-soother" as an adult. Like Glenn Gould's muttering as he played, someone who follows me around hears a constant light refrain of "it's okay, it's alright, all good". My daughter does the same thing.

I was a moderately bad nail biter and skin picker for 55 years. I was at my worst in my teenage years and twenties. I have been in recovery for 11 years now but the habit is not broken completely.

I had a slip recently and picked at a hangnail. The last time I did this (about 2 years ago) I had an insane urge to destroy all my nails. I talked myself out of it thank goodness.

But this time it was more like too bad, so sad. Let it heal and forget about it. Seriously this is progress!

Last edited:
I usually don't paint my toenails all winter to give them a chance to breathe. But I do rub them with coconut oil until then, along with my fingernails.
The coconut oil tends to make my fingernails stronger and seem to grow faster too....but I don't grow them very long before they're clipped back down to a reasonable length.
do you have a brand you like or...?

Back