Free speech, weaponized words, and nuisance by-laws

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

It's one thing to preach on a street corner - or sing - or beg. It's quite another to shout personal insults. The former is a nuisance. The latter is a threat.

I agree with @chansen . Aren’t there any womens groups, LGBTQ groups that could take him in the middle and do a dance around him? Anoy him with their presence until he loses his voice? Another option would be to pick him up daily for a mental health assessment, but that would use up too much important resources and would not be funny. I would think that cities and towns should have a bylaw that anybody using any kind of amplifyer needs a permit for it.

Just to be clear, I am talking about London, Ontario, Graeme is talking about the "real" London, ie. London, UK. I think we do have a "speakers corner" around here somewhere, though.

Virtue ' London ... where one speaks on the edge ... soap box ... wash-out? Discreet scatter ... as we cannot really say much of good sense given the rolling models!

On the CBC website this morning it claims that experts agree that they can't determine a difference between evil and mentally off a bit ...

Is this a crazy claim as we have not found the base substance of the human psyche? If you can't observe its physical sense ... how would you know?

Perhaps that old adage is true: "Chaos, all is chaos"!

Just for the experience of the alternate aliens ... alien alternates? Tis a strange passion ... loving essence ... as nebulous desire! One can have phun with it ...

Follow the madden NG crowd is the word ! You cannot govern a host of folk trained to unthink what should be mediated up on ... as it could bein there ... abstract space?

I think that every community should have a designated speakers corner where anyone with an opinion can spout off. Needs to be out of earshot of anyone who might have to listen involuntarily.

Not a bad idea. Wouldn't work in New Brunswick though. In this province people are afraid (seriously) to have an opinion different from anybody else.

I have not visited the eastern part of our country. That should probably be my next road trip. I really liked northern Ontario, prairies, BC...

I have not visited the eastern part of our country. That should probably be my next road trip. I really liked northern Ontario, prairies, BC...

Bette - come and visit me. We have a spare room and we live in a central location (Fredericton). WhileGraeme is partly right about some things - he .is very negative about a lot. And his bitterneess about his own problems shows in his rants about the provence in general.

Not a bad idea. Wouldn't work in New Brunswick though. In this province people are afraid (seriously) to have an opinion different from anybody else.

Especially opinions different than some significant others ... as an alternate caste of darkness ... and thus the common folk go down the hole ... sometimes known as defeated pagans ... while the sol invictus ... is said in some myths to be unconquerable like Molly the Brown ... really reaction to the toasting ... we get when knowing your sanc ... sunk?

Tis the pits to be unwealthy ... then the psyche is silent about this as it knows best about the unknown ... tis subtle! Well-set Mithra ... in Greek this was Hermes and considered the messenger ... air that carried Eire here ... floated thoughts? They are considered dark by certain factions ... remember it can get worse ... worsted?

Worst Ed. is learning about isolated sects ... proves the existence of metaphor ...

Last edited:
Back